Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 04-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Radioshack

I've read all of your comments about them not making xmods anymore, or that they are bringing them back, but when i went to my radioshack dealer to get the ford f-150 but he said they diddn't have any more and wont be getting anymore xmods. all i could find was 1 titan so i bought it. so are the really canceling them all together?
Old 04-15-2007, 08:31 PM
The Original S.S.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

no, they r comin out with transformer xmods

Old 04-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (6)

not to be off-topic, but are the bodies gonna be metal, and will there be bodykits?

Old 04-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to jesseeast1 Send a message via Yahoo to jesseeast1

I think the transformer xmods are going to be s**t... If they are kool Ill try them but if not im going to a new thing but ya they stopped making original xmods...
Honda Civic- Black- Rally
Acura RSX- Silver- Circuit
Toyota Supra- White- Street Racer so far!
Hummer- Crawler

C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N-R-A-C-E-R
Old 04-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to Nissanshift350

they are not going to be transformer xmods just transformer rc vehicles but they are not xmods a xms member that works at radio shack has already stated this fact in another thread. the xmods are being discontinued and thats that

Team ACCENTS Founder
Team Ford GT Founder
Old 04-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Elite member

Oh well, the time has come to get a new hobby.
NOOOOO, why people that make xmods, WHY!!!
I guess I'll get into nitro r/c.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

1. Xmods ARE NOT BEING DISCONTINUED!!!

Why? Because radioshack doesn't even make Xmods, they are just the exclusive xmods "dealer" in the USA. Xmods are made by HPI.

2. Everything is speculation...I've emailed Radioshack and they've said that they will not stop carrying Xmods and that the transformer rcs will indeed be Xmods.
Here's the EXACT word for word reply I got:

Thank you for taking the time to write. The XMODS line of RC cars
continues to be a successful product for us. Please be assured that
there are no plans to discontinue them in the foreseeable future.

In fact, in late spring/early summer we are releasing new XMODS
vehicles
and accessories based on characters from this summer's "Transformers"
movie.

Thank you,
Wade Childs
Customer Care
Old 04-15-2007, 11:29 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

There is no way that Radioshack is going to quit selling xmods (not at this point in time). Xmods (IMHO) has helped to bring a hell of a lot of new customers into their stores (hell I used to never go into a Radioshack until they released Xmods, now I visit several radioshacks on a regular basis). I really dont think that they will completely discontinue the product for years to come. I mean think about it, will McDonalds ever quit selling "Big Macks", hell no, that is their exclusive products (cant get them no where else) that have made them big bucks for years and will continue to make money for years to come, so why quit now?
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 04-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Elite member

The answer is Yes! Yes xmods are not, not being undiscontiunued, they will be themed on the summer hit movie The Transformationers and some will have a Pirates of the Carribean 3 theme. Yes, it is correct that they will be not metal bodies with non body kits unavailable from online radioshack stores in most neighborhoods. And Secondly, no, it is true that there are xmods under contract from an offshore company called Xmods Inc. who produce diecast models of Xmods cars that have yet to be rereleased and are not undiscontinued.
And my 7th and last point is that no, yes, I mean no, uh... er... I talked to a Radioshack employee... uh... brother... uh... who manages a McDonalds and he said that his sisters friend does indeed have an email from Radio Shack Coporate headquarters in Maryland Ohio stating that all of the true rumors that I have just clarified are absolutly and possibly near to the most exact estimates for what will become of xmods in the next few months in 2009.

So that should clear up this ongoing debate of Radio Shack store managers saying they are discontinued and emails from Radio Shack to Xmodsource members saying that Xmods will continue. And remeber Trust everything you read and Trust double everything you see and if you hear something, by all means Trust that too.

Last edited by RallyWRX; 04-15-2007 at 11:38 PM..
Old 04-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyWRX View Post
The answer is Yes! Yes xmods are not, not being undiscontiunued, they will be themed on the summer hit movie The Transformationers and some will have a Pirates of the Carribean 3 theme. Yes, it is correct that they will be not metal bodies with non body kits unavailable from online radioshack stores in most neighborhoods. And Secondly, no, it is true that there are xmods under contract from an offshore company called Xmods Inc. who produce diecast models of Xmods cars that have yet to be rereleased and are not undiscontinued.
And my 7th and last point is that no, yes, I mean no, uh... er... I talked to a Radioshack employee... uh... brother... uh... who manages a McDonalds and he said that his sisters friend does indeed have an email from Radio Shack Coporate headquarters in Maryland Ohio stating that all of the true rumors that I have just clarified are absolutly and possibly near to the most exact estimates for what will become of xmods in the next few months in 2009.

So that should clear up this ongoing debate of Radio Shack store managers saying they are discontinued and emails from Radio Shack to Xmodsource members saying that Xmods will continue. And remeber Trust everything you read and Trust double everything you see and if you hear something, by all means Trust that too.
There's no company called Xmods Inc. ......
Old 04-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic_guy View Post
There's no company called Xmods Inc. ......
But if there were, wouldn't you not be in disagreement that they would most likely not indeed stop production of their specialty rereleased undiscontinued series of detailed exact loose replicas of copies of diecast versions of high grade models of unreleased Xmods RC cars? Well...?
Old 04-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFTKO View Post
There is no way that Radioshack is going to quit selling xmods (not at this point in time). Xmods (IMHO) has helped to bring a hell of a lot of new customers into their stores (hell I used to never go into a Radioshack until they released Xmods, now I visit several radioshacks on a regular basis).
haha lol same but not radioshack but the source, But for the Xmods thing I'm not really sure whats going on, I've seen multiply threads saying they are discontinued and some say that transformers and some say that transformers are not xmods but will replace them, so im pretty confused myself
Old 04-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
But if there were, wouldn't you not be in disagreement that they would most likely not indeed stop production of their specialty rereleased undiscontinued series of detailed exact loose replicas of copies of diecast versions of high grade models of unreleased Xmods RC cars? Well...?
drugs are bad.

jk.....but seriously....LOL. hahaha
Old 04-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Elite member

Yeah, I'm pretty much done discussing this topic in any leve of seriousness, it's gone back and forth way too many times and it seems that we'll never really know untill we see some new stuff on the shelves at Radio Shack.

Check it out, the store managers say no more xmods, when people contact Radio Shack customer relations the response is that Xmods will continue. And every week it seems, someone will put up a thread saying "Oh no, store manager said Xmods are done." And then someone else will reply with, "I send email to Radio Shack Customer Relations and the said Xmods not going away, new xmods based on cars from Transformers" and then the same thing happens again next week. I'm through, just read my previous posts in this thread and it will all be very clear what the true future of xmods is.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:51 AM
Banned

Quote:

Rally, sometimes I think that you've got some problems in yer brain, you know, like you might be crazy or something.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifty View Post

Rally, sometimes I think that you've got some problems in yer brain, you know, like you might be crazy or something.
k then noob
Old 04-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to musclecars4life

as said by many people...

1. xmods are NOT being discontinued...
2. certain Radio Shacks are dropping xmods.
3. the "Transformers" xmods are gonna be *** (IMO) if they actually make them.

thanks,
MC4L

getting out of xmods:

various motors

custom F-150 now on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/xmod-F-150_W0QQi...QQcmdZViewItem

i might have more too just contact me for a complete list of what i have left.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty much done discussing this topic in any leve of seriousness, it's gone back and forth way too many times and it seems that we'll never really know untill we see some new stuff on the shelves at Radio Shack.

Check it out, the store managers say no more xmods, when people contact Radio Shack customer relations the response is that Xmods will continue. And every week it seems, someone will put up a thread saying "Oh no, store manager said Xmods are done." And then someone else will reply with, "I send email to Radio Shack Customer Relations and the said Xmods not going away, new xmods based on cars from Transformers" and then the same thing happens again next week. I'm through, just read my previous posts in this thread and it will all be very clear what the true future of xmods is.

I hear you. I'm sick of these threads as well. People have to understand though even if Radioshack drops Xmods that it doesn't mean Xmods won't be made, because Radioshack is just a distributor of Xmods and they have nothing to do with making them. That's the same reason why different Xmods are available in different countries (ex: Blue Skyline, SLR, Orange HPI subaru, etc.)

Radioshack is to the US, what Mirage is to the UK and what The Source is to Canada etc.

If a Radioshack store Manager says they are dropping Xmods then you also have to check whether that store is corporately owned or not. Corporately owned stores will do what Customer Care's Wade Childs says (which is still carry Xmods) stores that do not carry Xmods any more are pirvately owned where the store manager has certain choices about what he can carry.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

It's not like even 90% of people on here have been in Xmods since they came out, so yes, most will agree, the xmods modding scene started to die off shortly before the release of the Evo line, and then came up, but has fallen...

This is gonna be another Bit-like fad with the ZipZaps become popular, then dieing off...
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 04-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Advance member

Look at my thread, its called radio shack says: New xmods this fall, i emailed them and the radioshack rep said, that new xmod kits are scheduled to launch this fall, but thats all they could tell me.
Specialized trucks club owner
DUB CLUB member