Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default how much i hate rs

yea so I just got back into xmods and bought a mustang evo
drove it stock for 2 battery charges and was about to do a 6 cell when I looked under the car and the plastic was cracked right under the tie rod and i havent even crashed it yet.... has anyone had that problem?

So i took it up to rs to exchange of course its some kid workin so im tellin him whats wrong and he is like oh... umm... i need my manager to do that I was like why he said somthing about him gettin charged for the broken car but the manager wouldnt.

Anyone here work at rs and know if this is true
Old 04-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (17)

just freakin talk to the manager, how hard is it to do that? there should be a warrenty on the xmod, the worker probably doesnt know about it
Tamiya TA-02

Traxxas Hawk 2
Old 04-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Advance member

yea im going back when the manager is there but I was suprised thet he couldnt just exchange it

thats what made me mad
Old 04-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Elite member

well he probably just didnt know that he could, i mean i wouldnt do anything either if i thought that i would get a pay deduction or something lol
Tamiya TA-02

Traxxas Hawk 2
Old 04-04-2007, 03:14 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFastSupra View Post
yea so I just got back into xmods and bought a mustang evo
drove it stock for 2 battery charges and was about to do a 6 cell when I looked under the car and the plastic was cracked right under the tie rod and i havent even crashed it yet.... has anyone had that problem?

So i took it up to rs to exchange of course its some kid workin so im tellin him whats wrong and he is like oh... umm... i need my manager to do that I was like why he said somthing about him gettin charged for the broken car but the manager wouldnt.

Anyone here work at rs and know if this is true
MuscleCars4Life works there (or used to anyway), he should be able to help you out with any info you need. Just pm him and he should be happy to help you out
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 04-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Banned

I work at RS. I've been there for a few years now.

Just do this: Walk in, show them the box and tell them that it's been acting erratic. Tell them you don't know why and that you'd like to exchange. They'll open it up and look at it, but just do a quick look over just to make sure everything is there. Go and grab the one you want and that's it. Don't tell them that it's broken. They'll send it out to get repaired either way. They won't sell it again so you won't have to worry about some kid getting your broken one. That's all you have to do. But make sure to tell them that you don't know why. Try to put it all back in the package the way it came, that way, they see that it's a simple mistake. If you can, go to another RS.

Last edited by REDisFASTER; 04-04-2007 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: Edited for punctuation errors, too many spaces and negativity.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Elite member

well i cant comment on your prbolem as ive gotten 5 of my xmods between $10-20 each from there

but what i do know is, the xmod evolution is the cheapest made rc car ive ever seen. the 1st one i bought the knuckle cracked within a minute of driving it. so i swapped it for an extra one that was included in the package and it cracked when i was putting the **** screw in..

if i was you, id get your money back and buy a mini-z
Old 04-04-2007, 10:59 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

dude! at the mall in a CORPORATE store i saw a Stage 2 motor upgrade that someone obviously returned and ripped good stuff out of it. IT HAD A S1 MOTOR AND STOCK MOTOR STRAPS AND GEARS.

and a foam tire upgrade had 4 worn out tires in it.

AND.. an AWD upgrade had BOTH dogbones ripped off it

THOSE employees were idiots
Old 04-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Advance member

yea im basicly ticked... after going to rs 3 times today I ended up with a car with the whole front end off and more then likely out $45 i really didnt realize they made the evos so cheaply the gen1s could take some heat but the evos are like a rs car made from balsa wood... the 2nd time i went up there the manager was there so i was like good i can exchange it, but nooo he picked up an open box that looked returned and took out the car and traded me.............. I wanted to say somthing but didnt want to make him look like a idiot so i took it home put batts in it and of course it didnt run so i pop the top and the battery wires were not even in there.... and the board smelled like smoke so i was like great.

went back up there and the guy was like umm lets trade the front ends up (thats where it is cracked) and he starts taking it apart then says umm keep this front end and use the piece u need. I was like ok... a whole front end for free

Of corse i get home and am all happy that he hooked me up and find out he didnt even give me the right part....... now im just ticked so i think i am really done with xmods lol
Old 04-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Banned

you know what, they're not even supposed to trade anything out. he's supposed to give you a NEW xmod for what you bring in. tell him that if he doesn't, you'll report him to your district office. he's cheating you out. what he's doing it taking apart a bunch of used xmods. in turn, he's going to get credited for all of those and you're ending up with crap. don't settle for that man. i'm telling you proper procedure. you HAVE to get a BRAND NEW xmod starter kit for what you bring in. if he doesn't, then report him and you'll definitely get a new kit. you might even get two for all the trouble you've been through. i had someone with a similar problem. i was able to get him two starter kits for one. his problem was that the manager at another store kept saying he couldn't bring it back because it had missing parts. i told him to say they were already missing. that's it. i had him report it and the manager got fired. he ended up with two brand new kits. both were his choice too.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyDestruction View Post
you know what, they're not even supposed to trade anything out. he's supposed to give you a NEW xmod for what you bring in. tell him that if he doesn't, you'll report him to your district office. he's cheating you out. what he's doing it taking apart a bunch of used xmods. in turn, he's going to get credited for all of those and you're ending up with crap. don't settle for that man. i'm telling you proper procedure. you HAVE to get a BRAND NEW xmod starter kit for what you bring in. if he doesn't, then report him and you'll definitely get a new kit. you might even get two for all the trouble you've been through. i had someone with a similar problem. i was able to get him two starter kits for one. his problem was that the manager at another store kept saying he couldn't bring it back because it had missing parts. i told him to say they were already missing. that's it. i had him report it and the manager got fired. he ended up with two brand new kits. both were his choice too.
Sounds like its time to go rip off radio shack! lol, two kits for all that trouble sounds great!
Tamiya TA-02

Traxxas Hawk 2
Old 04-05-2007, 02:54 PM
drifter and engineer

go do that! that would be fun!
Old 04-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Advance member

ok I went up there and told them I was ****ed and tired of bring my cars back so they gave me my cash back for the xmod and a $10 gift card.... I said that hardly covers the gas I used, but atleast I got somthing
Old 04-08-2007, 11:10 PM
drifter and engineer

just wait to buy one from XI or something
Old 04-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to modman54935 Send a message via MSN to modman54935

ahh dood i love radio shack. im geting the Pro-Pulse Complete Aluminum Upgrade Kit which really is 130 for only 80. dont have to do with xmods just saying. that the radio shack by me is awesome!
Old 04-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

yeah my buddie hasa lancer and the back knuckles keep breaking on it and he has all ready replaced them both 2 times and i was on the xmods site and there was a big like forum about them breaking so it may be some thing like that and has any one else had problrms with their lancer knuckles breaking?
Old 04-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Elite member

not just lancers all knuckles break its commen
Old 04-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Advance member

yea I told the guy since they were nice that I will be back to buy a pro-pulse and he was like "remember my face I give u 30% off of what u buy" so I am thinking about buying the pro-pulse anyone know how it is?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Elite member

yeah i have one they are the coolest thing!
Old 04-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azngtboi88 View Post
Sounds like its time to go rip off radio shack!
Thats considered illegal. Even mentioning that is in line with alleged planning of theft and that also goes in line with fraud.

We do not want XMS to be affiliated with theft, fraudulent behavior, or any combinations thereof.

This thread is now closed.