Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default i need help ricers!

over the next 2 years im planning to save 10grend to buy my car, i want to buy a import but i need an expert opinion on what to buy, i have a sponsor lighned up for parts, so im covered, i need to know what car i should get to get the most bang for my buck, anyone who can help me?
custom in car mini stereo.
colorshift royal purple/sky blue paint.
scissor doors.
suicide trunk.
bitterfly hood.

nissan titan:
show car* eddition.
29" konig theory rims.
inverted super spring hydros.
gold plated 110,000 rpm casminos xj motor.(2 fast to run, will blow driveline)
in bed mini stereo with tweeter powered by 9volt.

dont ask for pics, i dont have my camera yet.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

300zx and dont ever call it a ricer, moved to Car section.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:33 PM
Advance member

whos your sponser?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Stage 2 member

i dont think i should say, but they sponsored my sis and her mustang, its a campany working with a lot of aftermarket brands. they put about 20 grand in it for her, and some custom one off motor, idk the name of the company actually
scissor doors.
suicide trunk.
bitterfly hood.

nissan titan:
show car* eddition.
29" konig theory rims.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

Best bang for buck Subaru WRX. You could easily make it more powerful than an STI for less than the STI would cost you. Make sure you go wingless.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Xmod Expert

yeah, if you get a WRX and mod it to be more powerful and HANDLE better (its not all about power boys) and don't put on the STi deck spoiler or badges, it'll be a sleeper.

But I'm going to go with BlackSky909 on this. 300ZX because its a beautiful car and its RWD. and NEVER call it a ricer
Old 01-10-2007, 01:33 AM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

id say WRX and quit with the ricer s@#$, im going to help you out, i am positive i know who you are sponsored by and you dont even need to deal with them. Im talking about Sport Compact Pro, I know a few people that were sponsored by them and they hated it. All you get is a discount on parts and you have to do so much for them (comitment wise), my advice stay away from them
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 01-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Stage 2 member

my sis's sponsor changed there names, they were some website that she found on google. i found a impreza on autotrader, its a 92 and auto with a cheap motor, im gonna swap it if i buy it, should i act on it? on myspace a guy from illinois is trying to sell me a 200sx. it has a 2.2 dohc on it and ground effects kit. both are the same price, $2,500. should i buy either of them or wait and see what somes my way? im 14, so i have some time to decide, and the sponsor ur talkin about, ive never heard of, but if the sponsor drops me, i can always get cheep parts from my uncle. iv e been planing this out for months aqnd i have it down how i want it to go. my main question it should i wait to see if any better cars come my way?
scissor doors.
suicide trunk.
bitterfly hood.

nissan titan:
show car* eddition.
29" konig theory rims.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:39 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Get an Evo as they handle better the WRX also they have a nicer interior! :-) Doesnt need to be an Evo8 the 5's are amazing and are reasonably priced, if you can afford it go for a 7! But the power you can get out of a stock 5 engine is very impressive!

I wouldn't go for something like a Supra or 300ZX purely because they are RWD and if you put to much power into it your going to stack it and be annoyed because you just wrote off your sweet car!

Be realistic, play it safe and get AWD!

Although as an afterthough if you have a sponsor who is willing to put in aftermarket parts as big as a new engine it doesnt really matter what you because your only really going to use the body shell, maybe look for something like an insurance write off, say something like someone drove the engine block on to a tree stump which totalled the car and caused the insurance company to write it off but left the body in perfect condition! (This is actually a true story - yes one of my friends was stupid enough enough to plant his RWD MX-5 engine block right onto a tree stump)

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 01-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to kidZim

Evo's may be better out of the box.. but the WRX has the customization on its side.. the Evo doesnt stand a chance compaired the WRX for what you can do with it..

SUBARU FTW!
Old 01-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to FlaminG35

Yeah, but imo, I'd go with a (J) Silvia, or an American 240SX, but swap in the red top japan motor (turbo, of course) then it'd be awesome. The red top is only a 2 liter, but makes it feel much taller than the stock American 240SX 2.4 truck motor (whos f***in idea was it to put the sweet motor in the japan one, and a non-turbo truck over in the us??? oh well) with the turbo.

For the AWD class, yeah, go with the WRX. Great looks, performance (modded) and you can find older ones for pretty cheap. And yeah, jump on the chance for the one (as long as the bodys in mint condition, NO WRECKS) with the bad motor. The stock 2.5 Liter Subaru motors tend to grenade at about 300-400 whp range, so swap in the larger, stronger 3 liter, then you'd be able to get more power, more reliably, and most importantly, more safely. Happy hunting, man!

OH, if you go with a FWD vehicle (which I don't suggest with high horsepower, but...) go with either a:
Prelude
Maxima (or Altima with the 3.5 package)
Civic (you can find body for cheap, and the motors too)
Integra

Well, hope all goes well, man! I'm hopin to get sponsored when I get my car (I want a Maxima, which is a 4-door with the Z motor in it, and FWD. The motor is tuned down a little, of course.) So, at least you've got some backing man! Good luck

If you're an Import Lover, DON'T RACE A MUSCLE CAR! You send out a bad name for the rest of us!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:11 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_ricer_14
my sis's sponsor changed there names, they were some website that she found on google. i found a impreza on autotrader, its a 92 and auto with a cheap motor, im gonna swap it if i buy it, should i act on it? on myspace a guy from illinois is trying to sell me a 200sx. it has a 2.2 dohc on it and ground effects kit. both are the same price, $2,500. should i buy either of them or wait and see what somes my way? im 14, so i have some time to decide, and the sponsor ur talkin about, ive never heard of, but if the sponsor drops me, i can always get cheep parts from my uncle. iv e been planing this out for months aqnd i have it down how i want it to go. my main question it should i wait to see if any better cars come my way?

is the 200SX an SE-R by any chance, if so it has an Sr20de in it (non-turbo version), its a fast and rare version of the car. I know someone that had one and I was very impressed with the performance of the vehicle
My XMODS

Old 01-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Stage 2 member

ty man, when i said i was interested in buying a car my grandpa baught me a 85 oldsmobile le sabre custom, i might take the stereo and rims off it, were gonna put it on donuts and sell it, i was suprised to see the gauges, a traditional gauge, (_), round, heres its spedoeter, [_____], its freakin square. i might take out the engine out, idk what it is, but its fast as ****, but sounds like someone took a freakin axe to it. im gonna sell it, get the cash, and by then ill hope to have 5grand, if i dont have a car in line to buy, ill get on autotrader and see whats available. i wanna ger a car for 4grand and ger gauges and a short ram. im not gonna getr insurance for about 3 years cus ****, like 6thousand dollars a year, right? my younger sis is thinkin about us sharing the car, so we have double the money to tune it. anzo head and tail lights are nice, but has anyone ever heard of the brand angel lights? if not, its cool. like at jiffy lube and auto zone, among others, have these contests where they give away cars. ow come, the person that wins the **** car dosent need it, there always like some doctor or contractor. my grandpa gave me his nissan sidewinder, i loked for parts for it, nothing. i google image searched it, N 1 HAS HEARD OF IT! i guess its some rare special edition truck or something. idk, but its strange as **** if i do say so myself. anyone know of anything i could do to make quick cash, that dosent involve a job??? ive thought til i cant think no more1
scissor doors.
suicide trunk.
bitterfly hood.

nissan titan:
show car* eddition.
29" konig theory rims.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:19 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

angel eyes is not a brand name, it is a type of headlight
My XMODS

Old 01-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Stage 2 member

oops, yea, thats what i meant.
scissor doors.
suicide trunk.
bitterfly hood.

nissan titan:
show car* eddition.
29" konig theory rims.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:01 AM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

well, what do you want out of it? and how much work are you willing to do?

if you just want to drive in a straight line. get a domestic RWD muscle car.

if you want anything else (i.e. fun stuff, rally, ice racing, autoX, RallyX, open track etc.), you're probably best off with AWD.

bang for the buck, get a 2-door AWD '93-'01 impreza (couldn't be a '92 imp you were looking at, imprezas started in '93). shoot for an 'L' model, since they already have rear disc brakes.

than, do an engine swap. ANY subaru engine will fit in there, with ANY subaru tranny.

best bet would be a jdm ver 5/6 sti front clip. the EJ20G (closed deck 2.0l jdm wrx motor) is capable of 300 awhp with basic mods. and can be had for a few thousand dollars.

or an EJ22t (early legacy turbo motor), and build the #@$%#$ out of it. STi DOHC heads and intake, turbo (GT35R for big power, TD06 16g for torque), custom pistons, cams, etc. for an easy 500awhp.

or just a USDM WRX motor, for a hair over 200 awhp out of the box. in a car that weighs almost 800 lbs less than a USDM WRX.

than get some suspension ($500 - $3k, depending on what you want). some brakes ($500 - $1k), and tires ($500). maybe an STi 6-speed transmission ($1k or so).

and for that, you're talking something that'll dominate an AutoX circuit for $10k-$12k. or just an earth shattering 500awhp for less than $20k. add a few thousand if you pay someone else to do the work.

oh yea, and take your time with it. don't buy the car, and then a month later, dive in with this huge swap. Drive the car for awhile, learn the dynamics of the chassis, how to drive it, how to get it to do what you want. also, do your own basic maintenance, brake pads, timing belt, etc. so you know your car inside and out. and you'll also know exactly what needs upgrading, and you can plan accordingly. you'll save yourself a fortune that way!

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC
Old 01-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Xmod Expert

Like I said...best bang for your buck is the Subaru WRX you could get a new one put a lot of money down and have relatively low payments. Also since you're getting sponsored you dont need extra cash for mods.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to slpknt17 Send a message via MSN to slpknt17

can anyone say Mitshubishi 3000 GTO TwinTurbo
Mustang GT(Suspension, Body Kit)
Acura RSX (Body Kit)
Skyline (AWD, Metal Bearings, and Body Kit)
350Z (Body Kit)
Supra (Body Kit)
Civic (Body Kit)
65' Mustang (Body Kit)
F-150 (AWD, Lift Kit, Suspension, and Body Kit)

CARS MADE INTO XMODS:
Back to the Future DMC Deloren (Finished)
Old 01-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by slpknt17
lol, 3000GT VR4 (4WD TT) in USDM, GTO Twin Turbo in JDM.

Amazing styling on that car (first and second generation), but tremendously heavy.

That car also has many issues that need to be corrected But the fanbase for the 3KGT is huge. And the car is huge too!

I wouldn't mind getting one :P
Old 01-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by slpknt17
Can you say heavy as S**T...power to weight ratio will pwn you in that car. But on the other hand it's a nice lookin car I just can't refuse any import... i like em all....