Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer
Default My Micro-t and Propulse!

well heres my new toys, im going away from xmods for awhile. i might sell a few and get more into hobby grade. im saving up for the traxxas stampede VXL brushless. i saw it at the LHS and i love it. ask bryce well heres pics. i made the PP RWD and locked the rear diff because i drive it on the road alot and never offroad so its a little faster. the micro t is the ultimate indestructible indoor machine!!! this thing is amazing it flips, wheelies, does anything and all i broke is a tie rod. but ot it fixed and its fine. bryce also put in the xmod truck suspension it has yellow in front blue in back.
and it only takes 20 minutes to charge and lasts about 10minutes. the only down side of the PP is that it takes 10 hours to charge. but its worth it. im going to get the DC car 1 hour charger tho once i get some more money. BTW anybody got some spare E clips for the micro-t i can have? well heres pics. ill also put in the vid that we made at my house of the micro-t a PP.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Nice idea on the ramp, but I can't begin to fathom how you can stand the stock chassis for the Micro-T, it's just so bulky!
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 09-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

haha true, hey do you have some spare tie rods and e clips? i need some and i know you have a couple micro-t's
Old 09-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodificationer View Post
haha true, hey do you have some spare tie rods and e clips? i need some and i know you have a couple micro-t's
If you broke the steering tierods (or toothpicks, as I call them), you can go purchase a lexan R/C car body and make your own.

But if you're feeling adventurous, try sourcing out the three parts listed here and build some quality tierods for that thing!

http://www.one18th.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49239
Old 09-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

i made my own but they arent that good. but heres a vid of PP and micro-t me and bryce made im driving PP hes driving micro-t http://youtube.com/watch?v=TtBMVmZvNqY
Old 09-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Elite member

I don't have any e-clips, but you can buy Team Losi threaded axels at www.Killerhobbies.com, they're only $9, but they don't come with metal nuts, just plastic, they say that the Losi axels are stronger, you can get Hot Racing axels with metal nuts, but the axels bend. I ordered my axels a couple of days ago, along with white wheels and Team Losi front and back spring kits. I love the microT, it's tons of fun. I'm having some fun again with my xmods too, I've been running it here at work when everyone's gone and doing a large oval on short industrial carpet, the car gets dusty cuz the carpets gross, but I'm finally getting some driving skills, more than just running up and down the street like I used to, or drifting in the kitchen, this grip driving is fun.

Funny how a lot of us got into RC with xmods but now we're branching out to hobby grade, I've got my eye on the Team Losi XXX-T 1/10 Brushless but it's $360 plus battery, charger and radio. So I might go with a Mini Baja or maybe an Associated RC18Buggy. I'd be running Pro Pulse if I hadn't missed the awsome sale of 2 for 1 plus upgrades.

As soon as Pro Pulse go on sale again, I'm getting one.

you gotta love the micro T though.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Banned

yea i might save up for the axles, baja wheels/tires, and the lipo and charger.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Xmod Expert

LMAO, your friend doesn't know how to jump an R/C car there's actually a technique to jumping Here's a hint: its got something to do with physics. Think 'inertia'.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Elite member

Quote:
yea i might save up for the axles, baja wheels/tires, and the lipo and charger.
I've been thinking about the lipo charger too, but I'm having such a good time as is, I think I'll wait a while

Some cool wheel are the stock tires mounted on chrome, and the white ones, I got the Baja street tires on chrome, they look cool but the traction is only good on blacktop or cement, I want to get the Stock tires on the chromes and I have the white ones coming.

regular shipping with killer hobbies was only 2$. I hope they make here alive, ha ha .
Old 09-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Banned

cool, so i think ill save for the baja chrome wheels and the threaded shafts. but first i need to buy the peak charger for the PP
Old 09-11-2007, 10:30 PM
US Air Force

Trader Rating: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER View Post
LMAO, your friend doesn't know how to jump an R/C car there's actually a technique to jumping Here's a hint: its got something to do with physics. Think 'inertia'.
no i no how to jump a ramp put corey messed it up when he tryed to run the propulse up it (like 40 mins before we made the video)"you have to start to go up the ramp you hit the throttle has hard has you can then as the force of the wheels moving so fast wee propell the car backwards causing it to do a backflip,plus we ut the new springs in, and i didn't start infront of the ramp i went about like 7 feet back so i made that mistake." yea we had to fix the ramps a little it was just fine untill he ran over it.

Last edited by mustanglover; 09-11-2007 at 10:38 PM..
Old 09-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Banned

hey

UPDATE!: made a loop, roll cage, and roll bar

Old 09-12-2007, 09:54 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

pretty sweet. the pro pulse is awesome. i use mine almost every day. i suggest buying alum diffs from the rc18 brand. my front plastic one split. the guy at rs gave me one tho
Old 09-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Banned

yay my dad just let me order the wheels i want! i got the chrome street wheels/tires for my micro-t from killer hobbies! http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/l...571-detail.htm and it was less than $9 shipped!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Xmod Expert

w00t another micro-t sold...

I love um...

anyways did you upgrade the motor?

cause motor is more important than wheels...but yeah maybe get the thread exel shafts but i heard somewhere their a rip...
Old 09-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Forum Idiot

Quote:
yay my dad just let me order the wheels i want! i got the chrome street wheels/tires for my micro-t from killer hobbies! http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/l...571-detail.htm and it was less than $9 shipped!
Street meats are cool, I just don't like the chrome wheels, I would prefer white dish rims..

Threaded shafts are nice, the eclips are a PAIN! But they can be expensive. Get the ATM ones, the Losi's don't accept standard lock nuts, only the losi ones..
Old 09-17-2007, 07:04 PM
US Air Force

Trader Rating: (9)

iam gald i have my new t i love it.

and iam getting them same rims from killerhobbies. i'll get pic i might get mine sooner because i did 1-6 shipping.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Street meats are cool, I just don't like the chrome wheels, I would prefer white dish rims..

Threaded shafts are nice, the eclips are a PAIN! But they can be expensive. Get the ATM ones, the Losi's don't accept standard lock nuts, only the losi ones..
i only have threaded shafts on one of my cars...im waiting for my hobby shop to bring more in...i also need a new green body...

My ultimate dream with atleast one of my micro-ts:

im already like halfway there...

Last edited by meme405; 09-17-2007 at 07:48 PM..
Old 09-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Forum Idiot

You know the Hot Racing Piggy Back Shocks aren't Oil Filled, or that they weren't even meant to be oil/grease filled right? They're just there to look cool..

[info]
I've heard 3Racing makes the best Dampers (as in Oil/Grease, not just friction shocks), fallowed by Atomic (Atomic is ATM. AM is AtomicMods)
[/info]

While you're at it, get a custom Chassis. Maybe the Hot Racing one, Ripper's eXo-T, or the 3racing one.. XI has a chassis in progress as well...

EDIT:
OH! Losi sells the front C-Hubs and Threaded Spindles (the axel shafts) in one package, just for $20. Quite a bit of stuff for next to nothing. Saw it at the LHS today... I think they have a similar package for the rear.. Think about it, full C-Hubs and Threaded Shafts in Silver and Blue for just $40.. Pretty cheap, and the blue is like the Kyosho blue, but a shade lighter, so it's a nice color too!

Last edited by Sweed; 09-17-2007 at 08:13 PM..
Old 09-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Banned

i want to get the losi threaded axles that are $10 from killer, but arent they the same size as the xmods so you could use the RS nuts? and i have heard bad things about the HR threaded axles. and no BB motor yet. that and Lipo are my next upgrade followed by bearings