Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 04-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default Fast and Furious 4!!!1!!!

It was pretty badass. A few seens were a little too cheesy, but less CG heavy than some of the lasts for the real car action.

The story goes, rice-boy brian is back with the cops, charger-flipping Dom' is back to stealing stuff (tanker theft scene from the trailer), Letti was killed, and there is a mysterious character sponsoring "Midnight Club" style street races. You get your GPS coordinates, you race, traffic and all. Dom', enters these races to find who killed his girl friend, and Brian goes back undercover to find the motivation of these races.

This movie pulls heavy to the muscle car side this time. Lots of them, '70 Chevelle, a Gran Turino, 71 Camaro (F-Bomb), the Charger returns, the big Cadi cruisers come around, etc etc. A skyline makes an appearence, and a few other minor characters' cars are tuners.

I saw it in the coolest way you can for a car movie, the Drive-In. 7 cars, 20 something friends, all cruising out. Threw my old bench seat in the back of the Chevy and used it as a mobile couch.

A few other muscle cars rolled in, including a '70 Chevelle, same model as Dom's. 'Twas a good time.

Go see this movie, it's gotten much less cheesy than the last. No Tyron-eclipse-crap.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 04-04-2009 at 09:10 PM..
Old 04-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Trader Rating: (1)

I planned on seeing it yesterday in forney but got there 30 minutes early and all the seats were already sold out. I'm really looking forward to seeing the F-bomb camaro in it though I heard on a behind the scenes the replicas of it were are 73's instead of the original 71.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 04-04-2009, 07:36 PM
XMS Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Me and my daughter is seeing at 12:30 on sunday
Old 04-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraboi97 View Post
I planned on seeing it yesterday in forney but got there 30 minutes early and all the seats were already sold out. I'm really looking forward to seeing the F-bomb camaro in it though I heard on a behind the scenes the replicas of it were are 73's instead of the original 71.
The ones on screen are built like 71s, tail lights and all. F-Bomb is on for 5 minutes or so, but doesn't get the action I was looking for.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 04-04-2009, 07:48 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Jealous.... meant to go see it today but got sidetrack with all whole ton of crap... will have to wait until I get back from Vegas now!!

How was the Impreza??

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 04-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Another one if Brians, wasn't much special. Just a silver and black two-tone, but it see's some off-road action!

I'm glad though that they fixed all the sound dubbing from the trailer. EX, in the trailer the GNX is dubbed with a V8 engine. In the movie, you get to hear the yell of the Turbo V6!

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 04-04-2009 at 07:59 PM..
Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

I saw that yesterday, about 7:00.

It was bad ***.
When I saw the F-Bomb Camaro, I freaked out. Haha.
I just knew Tex was gonna make a thread, and mention the F-Bomb.
No one else in the theater new what it was.

God that was such a great movie.
For those who don't know, this is a prequel to Tokyo Drift (Han is in the very beginning, and mentions finding something better to do, and that "They're doing some crazy **** in Tokyo")
Old 04-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

You sure? The Plymouth he has at the end of Tokyo drift is wrecked in 4 (Letti's car), so the time line doesn't fit.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Elite member

That exactly what I thought, but think about it, Han dies in Tokyo Drift, and in this new one he says he's fleeing to Tokyo.

My friend said Letty's was a Charger, I didn't really pay attention...

Edit-
No, its the same car...
I guess the producers didn't think that one through, but FF4 is definitely a prequel to Tokyo Drift.

Last edited by imnotmikal; 04-04-2009 at 08:41 PM..
Old 04-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

She rebuilt the Charger that he used in the movie. The car she wrecked was a Plymouth SuperBird (Dom even said when he faced the killer)

Epic flaw?

This is the Road Runner from Tokyo Drift: http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_44208-P...nner-1970.html

IMCDB hasn't been finished for FnF4, so Letty's car isn't in there: http://www.imcdb.org/movie_1013752-F...d-Furious.html

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 04-04-2009 at 08:46 PM..
Old 04-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Elite member

Yeah, I just edited my post.

The producers obviously didn't think it through.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I'll be seeing it again with another friend soon enough, I'll pay attention to see if it is the same Plymouth. If it is, we must win some serious NAWZ cookie.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Not a N00B

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to SkysTheLimit Send a message via MSN to SkysTheLimit

I personally can't wait to see this movie,

but if you guys didn't know: most of the cars are actually fake in the movie.
The orange BMW M5 is actually a BMW 540i;
The blue R34 GT-R is actually a Skyline GT-S;
All of the special muscle cars (the Roadrunner, that Mustang, F-Bomb, etc) were replicas, with the real one barely used or not shown at all.
The S15 is actually an S14...

haha
Still. Can't wait, just because the cars are reps, it won't destroy the general idea of the movie.

STL-R v2.1

-More Xmods than most. BMW Enthusiast
Old 04-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Well of course the rarer ones were faked. Also crossed me a few times on the Skyline when it pulled RWD burn outs in it's race scene lol... The GNX is a dressed up GN. The 67 was a real one though, no faking that sucker! All 502 cubic inches of awesomeness.

That's on par with movies though.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 04-04-2009 at 09:09 PM..
Old 04-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

im going see it for the second time next weekend...it wasn't Dom's sister that died...Letty was his girlfriend. his sister was the super hawt chick that brian was hittin'. awesome movie! it inspired all of our local ricers to pop their clutches at every intersection.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Well of course the rarer ones were faked. Also crossed me a few times on the Skyline when it pulled RWD burn outs in it's race scene lol... The GNX is a dressed up GN.

That's on par with movies though.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Skyline was recycled like the Supra was in the second movie. Keep in mind the Skyline in the second one was a real GT-R with the AWD deactivated. RWD burnouts doesn't deem it a GT-S.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:27 PM
that g35 guy

amazing movie me and my friend saw it yesterday night and after that we went back to the house and played midnight club la till 2 fun times
Old 04-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via AIM to monsterhunter

first off this movie was awesome! say it Friday morning (first showing in my area) the cars were all sick, and loved how they pulled more towards muscle this time around, cant wait to see how they bring the next one(if there is a next one.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
You sure? The Plymouth he has at the end of Tokyo drift is wrecked in 4 (Letti's car), so the time line doesn't fit.
as for this delema, what i think its that the movies kinda like inter change and the time is spread out alot, and that tokyo drift was kinda a filler movie, to sneak peaks of how they might bring the series around later on. (AKA a fifth one ad maybe a sixth?)
Old 04-04-2009, 09:32 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Since this thread has to do with the new Fast and the Furious movie, I thought some people may find this link interesting: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/need...ous.html#watch. Yahoo ran this feature Friday in celebration of the new movie. This looks to be a new thing that Yahoo is doing for new movies on the day of their theatrical release.
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 04-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
"Fast & Furious" finally reunites the four lead actors from the original film eight years later. Originally, the plan was to make "Toretto," a solo movie with just Diesel's character, but that was put aside to do the reunion film. The opening of this movie takes place before "Tokyo Drift" chronologically, because it features Sung Kang's character, Han, who died in the third movie.
This kinda makes sense. If I remember right she was alive in the tanker scene with the asian dude. Tokyo drift could have happened after the intro scene and before Letty is killed in the movie.