Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 06-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

Email time.

Where do you email them. without saying i need help finding a product?
Old 06-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodsunlimited View Post
Email time.

Where do you email them. without saying i need help finding a product?

I sent you a PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:25 AM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodsNSX94 View Post

and did any one else notice the "dear foolish child"?
Yeah, I added foolish child. Don't want you to know my real name. Cuz I'm lyke dat.

Sent another e-mail, this one more promising like aquaman's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Shack
Thank you for contacting RadioShack. Currently there aren't any Xmods
available online.
Any inventory remaining will be at your local RadioShack Stores.

Any new Xmods models will be available again near the fall 2010

Thank You
Oscar
Customer Escalation Team

-----Original Message-----

This message has been redirected to you from reillym through the
RadioShack.com Order Center mailbox. Your reply will go directly to the
customer.

To: [email protected]

Subject: I need help finding a product

Order Number:

Name: me.

Wrote: I was wondering if you will bring back the Xmods RC car. Or
Xmods Trucks.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:12 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

promising. that's good to know there's some kind of chance. but they need to bring em back better so that they're worth the 50 bucks i'm dumpin' for one
Old 07-01-2010, 07:23 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
promising. that's good to know there's some kind of chance. but they need to bring em back better so that they're worth the 50 bucks i'm dumpin' for one
thats why you wait and get them when they are 20...and get a whole bunch eh?

Team X.I.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:47 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

well, get 2 of em. around here, the most they ever discount them at is 27.99
Old 07-17-2010, 07:43 PM

Trader Rating: (0)

There will be more XMODS coming during the Christmas time. Was looking for XMODS at one Radioshack but the manager was closing down. She told me they had none but will have 'new stock' in when the holiday season is here.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:03 AM
That's what she said.

Yeah, that's typically what happens... Best time to sell toys.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:53 PM

I actually work at Radio Shack and while I'm under contract not to discuss actual sales numbers, what I am allowed to say is that xmods don't earn us a lot of money. Most people buy the cars, but not the upgrades and accessories from us. The profit that radio shack makes on the xmods is acceptable, but not great, therefore they depend on you guys buying all the upgrades to really make the money on the sale. They are always more popular around christmas time though which means we will start carrying more around christmas time (fall).

I do know that there are none on the next planogram which means don't expect any til october at the earliest.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

well the problem is the shack never has parts.If they want to make money have a section that sells gears,arms and other parts.also let them get a company to make aluminum parts that are better then GPM and hot racing.Also tell the company who makes them to put a true AM or FM in them......That is how you make more money if someone breaks it it goes in the garbge or they try to bring it back.Follow the big boy rc companies and the shack will sell alot more.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco72 View Post
well the problem is the shack never has parts.If they want to make money have a section that sells gears,arms and other parts.also let them get a company to make aluminum parts that are better then GPM and hot racing.Also tell the company who makes them to put a true AM or FM in them......That is how you make more money if someone breaks it it goes in the garbge or they try to bring it back.Follow the big boy rc companies and the shack will sell alot more.
My store had a parts section for them. I recieve 30% off on xmods, which means that it is radio shack branded. So either radio shack owns the company that makes xmods, or they have a contract with them. I won't pretend to know more than I do, I just know that if it wasn't a radio shack branded product I only get 10% off.

My guess to that is the same reason they don't carry duracell batteries anymore, we sell enercell which is a radio shack brand. Buy a pack of 4 duracell batteries for $2 and sell for $4.50 making $2.50 profit? Or manufacture a 4 pack of batteries for 10 cents and sell for $4.00 making a $3.90 profit?

I made most of those numbers up because I can't disclose what the actual numbers are, but see what I mean? They are competing with themselves.

Now IMHO, they should probably have their manufacture start making more involved parts like more motor upgrades, aluminum parts like you mentioned, etc. But I suppose to warrant such an action they'd need enough sales to know it'd be a profitable business?

Truly, I plan to pass the information from this thread along, radio shack truly does take these things into consideration.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

^ radio shack is not radio shack branded. im not entirely sure but im very positive they are made and distributed by a german company called "carson"

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 07-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Elite member

Yeah. Carson is the main company in the UK. Here they r called "Xmods", but there they r "Carson".
Old 07-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Not a N00B

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to SkysTheLimit Send a message via MSN to SkysTheLimit

These companies (Radioshack, Carson, HPI) are all distributors in their respective countries. Radioshack has the US covered, Carson (although something got funny with the licensing and copyrights [now called X3200]) for Europe, and HPI for Asia. However, they are all manufactured in a plant in China, most likely by a manufacturer that changes between lines. The best quality Xmods were made by a different manufacturer than the worst quality ones (hey, take this into consideration: why do you think some Xmods had body kits, some had removable windows, etc.? Manufacturer switch that went along with worse or better paint quality.)

Anyway, Xmods are Radioshack Branded so they are a "Radioshack Product" in the US. I understand the profit issues with these as I used to have the price list as well but in reality what sells the cars is our demand coupled with the selection of body styles that walk-ins will buy. Upgrades are a niche.

STL-R v2.1

-More Xmods than most. BMW Enthusiast
Old 07-29-2010, 09:34 AM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkysTheLimit View Post
These companies (Radioshack, Carson, HPI) are all distributors in their respective countries. Radioshack has the US covered, Carson (although something got funny with the licensing and copyrights [now called X3200]) for Europe, and HPI for Asia. However, they are all manufactured in a plant in China, most likely by a manufacturer that changes between lines. The best quality Xmods were made by a different manufacturer than the worst quality ones (hey, take this into consideration: why do you think some Xmods had body kits, some had removable windows, etc.? Manufacturer switch that went along with worse or better paint quality.)

Anyway, Xmods are Radioshack Branded so they are a "Radioshack Product" in the US. I understand the profit issues with these as I used to have the price list as well but in reality what sells the cars is our demand coupled with the selection of body styles that walk-ins will buy. Upgrades are a niche.
...and Hasboro(original gi joe and transformers) made the bomblebee and barricade bodies...and they are on the RI/Mass border....kinda wierd to toss that in the mix???

Team X.I.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:07 PM

After some more research you guys are correct, the manufacture is not owned by radio shack, which means our purchase cost is much higher. I looked to see if this is a product that we have a KCA on and it is not, which means we do make our money off the car as well as the extras for it.

I also looked at some other numbers I can not post that show me that we are not making a significant value on it without the extras. I assume this means that when the new line comes up RS will be carrying many of the extras/accessories for it.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Advance member

Well Fall has pretty much passed and we've got no new Xmods. I've emailed Radioshack numerous times and they say "Their unable to discuss future stock levels".

Have any of you gotten any better or worse news?

+ Nissan GT-R
+ Audi R8
Old 12-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Advance member

Default nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
Well Fall has pretty much passed and we've got no new Xmods. I've emailed Radioshack numerous times and they say "Their unable to discuss future stock levels".

Have any of you gotten any better or worse news?
NOTHING All I see at RadioShack are those huge RC scale cars...no Xmods or parts.....
Old 12-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

pherhaps in spring around easter time? honestly i am kinda dazed about it, just last year they were comming out woth new bodies like every months, but 1 year later and... well... nothing

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 12-05-2010, 12:40 AM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
pherhaps in spring around easter time? honestly i am kinda dazed about it, just last year they were comming out woth new bodies like every months, but 1 year later and... well... nothing
I am thinking the same thing, although, it would not make much sense to do this when they could have released them during the holiday season; given how bad off the company supposedly is...

Regardless, if we don't see anything new by next summer at the latest, I would say the XMODS scene is dead as far as Radio Shack is concerned. I have been hitting a few RS stores when I have been out of town for the last couple months and all I see are all-wheel drive kits on clearance and no sign of anything else XMODS related. When I ask an employee(s) if they have any new XMODS or are going to get anything new in, I get the same response; no. Maybe they want to take a break from the line and bring them back later down the road?
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)