Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)

edj is right if you wanna talk about how fast cars can go make a thread about it

now back to the gt-r i think the reason this is sutch a big deal is because this is the first time in a long time a gt-r has ben realeased in the us also i talked to a nissan dealer and as soon as the gt-r comes out infinity is going to be calling its g35 a skyline and its sapose to look just like the gt-r but not be as powerful
Old 10-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanslide View Post
edj is right if you wanna talk about how fast cars can go make a thread about it

now back to the gt-r i think the reason this is sutch a big deal is because this is the first time in a long time a gt-r has ben realeased in the us also i talked to a nissan dealer and as soon as the gt-r comes out infinity is going to be calling its g35 a skyline and its sapose to look just like the gt-r but not be as powerful
woudn't that be the G-37 not the G-35?
Old 10-19-2007, 06:48 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

his has gotten out of hand even for my liking, don't you just love it when member make second accounts so they can back up their own arguments.

Back on topic has any one found and technical spec yet on the GTR I'm still interested in that.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to redrkt Send a message via MSN to redrkt Send a message via Yahoo to redrkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboi1289 View Post
i don't think it would cost that much...will i might be wrong though
Known to be fact, was done by a nissan dealer in Baytown for his 16 year old son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25
Then tell me, at 200 mph, what kind of distance are you passing ever second?

And were discussing the GT-R, yet you mention "You can get 1000HP out of a supra cheap. Well not cheap."

American cars have been pushing that, and higher for so much longer. Dirt modified race cars often times run 900 + hp, naturally aspirated, carbureted, pushrods and all.
How the hell can you get 900 + hp with some cheasy na engine, carbureted, and push rod that tons of BS!!!!!! Inorder to get 900 + hp like waht you said but S/C and a 150 shot of nos will get you up to 900 HP. To get HP out of a 2JZ T-88 turbo, 3.4L stroker, HKS inner cooler. So HAHAHAHA!

GEE, amazing I guess the Japanese are the only ones who know how to get horsepower out of a motor!!
Have you ever heard of JEGS ?
or any of the other WORLD famous engine builders here in the states? OH I forgot your a 12 year old fanboy that has no idea about the real world.

AMEN, but i think its gonan be like every other skyline and not be sold in the U.S.

This is the first model Skyline that WILL be available in the U.S.

WhiteMKIV You can get 1000HP out of a supra for 12-14k and a pre tunned 1,00 hp 2J will cost around 21,000.plus the car. that put it around roughly at 55k or so. Thats about the price of a new vette.so yeah that is cheap for 1k HP and the distance passing ever second? do you mean every? bc i didnt understand that at all

This I want to see!!! I want proof that you can do this!!
Show me anyplace you can touch a Supra for less than a vette, Let alone a 1k hp one for that price. And that N2O that everybody seems so proud of running isn't cheap either.

Just a couple of examples
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...spagenameZWDVW

Now back on topic'

The G35 is a 350z duplicar because it is the sister car of the 350z.

jimmythekid1 his has gotten out of hand even for my liking, don't you just love it when member make second accounts so they can back up their own arguments.

Back on topic has any one found and technical spec yet on the GTR I'm still interested in that.

The new issue of MotorTrend has the spec's on it.
here is one of the articles about the skyline from motor trend
http://www.motortrend.com/future/spi...8_nissan_gt_r/
Funny one comparison I have not seen anywhere is with the SUPRA! Why? because it is not even in the same class as the Skyline!

Last edited by redrkt; 10-19-2007 at 08:59 AM..
Old 10-19-2007, 11:20 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Saw it a while back on another website - I wish they had changed the front end because in my opinion it looks to much like the 350Z front!

Engine is crazy! I just hope they get the majority of the BHP from the actual engine block rather than running twin-turbos with an insane amount of boost!

Guess we'll just have to wait for them to send one to Top Gear and have The Stig put it around the track!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 10-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Proud Supra owner!

Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via AIM to WhiteMKIV Send a message via MSN to WhiteMKIV Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteMKIV

Now back on topic'

jimmythekid1 his has gotten out of hand even for my liking, don't you just love it when member make second accounts so they can back up their own arguments.

Funny one comparison I have not seen anywhere is with the SUPRA! Why? because it is not even in the same class as the Skyline![/QUOTE]

The G35 isnt a sister car to the 350z. Thats like saying That the skyline is a sister car to the 350z. The g35 is the Skyline R35 In japan, And comes turbo'd over seas. The 350z Doesnt even come turbo'd. Its in a class of its own...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
that wasnt exactly a good first post....

but im flattered my tool box turns you on
Old 10-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Xmod Expert

350Z = Fairlady Z
G35 = V35 Skyline 350GT

Sister cars? Yes, they share a similar chassis, only difference is the overall dimensions.

The G35 and 350Z were very similar. That's not to say that they're the same, since the two cars are very different. One's a sports car, the other is a luxury sports coupe.

Think of it as a 1995 Ford Ranger and a 1995 Mazda B-Series truck...
Old 10-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
bud isnt the one who beat the mustang with 150 shot nos....He is.

Quote:
4. My buddys supra owned a 302 Mustdang N/A with 150 shot of nos

Quote:
Supra that hits well over 200mph if you dont beleive me check out his myspace....http://www.myspace.com/carsbgone
There is no proof his supra has hit well over 200 mph on there..

Quote:
a pre tunned 1,00 hp 2J will cost around 21,000
I dont think I want a "pre tuned" motor that cost 21k and only makes 100 hp.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post

There is no proof his supra has hit well over 200 mph on there..

I dont think I want a "pre tuned" motor that cost 21k and only makes 100 hp.
little off topic my car top out at 195 MPH was close to 200 but ran out of gears.
A pretunned 2JZGTE with a 3.4L will cost around 21k If you do it on your own your looking around 10 K. it doesn't make 100 HP 2jz are capable of making 1,000 + hp with heavy mods! With modern Nascar and Etc may beat them who know. Some are domestic fans and some arent. Beleive in what vehicle you believe in. I aint against it I just race as a hobby and the fact i'm a car tuner all cars I work on are treated equal. When on track i'm more like please win please win.
Ps: please get back on topic about Skyine no more supra vs muscle BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrkt View Post
Known to be fact, was done by a nissan dealer in Baytown for his 16 year old son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25
Then tell me, at 200 mph, what kind of distance are you passing ever second?

And were discussing the GT-R, yet you mention "You can get 1000HP out of a supra cheap. Well not cheap."

American cars have been pushing that, and higher for so much longer. Dirt modified race cars often times run 900 + hp, naturally aspirated, carbureted, pushrods and all.
How the hell can you get 900 + hp with some cheasy na engine, carbureted, and push rod that tons of BS!!!!!! Inorder to get 900 + hp like waht you said but S/C and a 150 shot of nos will get you up to 900 HP. To get HP out of a 2JZ T-88 turbo, 3.4L stroker, HKS inner cooler. So HAHAHAHA!

GEE, amazing I guess the Japanese are the only ones who know how to get horsepower out of a motor!!
Have you ever heard of JEGS ?
or any of the other WORLD famous engine builders here in the states? OH I forgot your a 12 year old fanboy that has no idea about the real world.

AMEN, but i think its gonan be like every other skyline and not be sold in the U.S.

This is the first model Skyline that WILL be available in the U.S.

WhiteMKIV You can get 1000HP out of a supra for 12-14k and a pre tunned 1,00 hp 2J will cost around 21,000.plus the car. that put it around roughly at 55k or so. Thats about the price of a new vette.so yeah that is cheap for 1k HP and the distance passing ever second? do you mean every? bc i didnt understand that at all

This I want to see!!! I want proof that you can do this!!
Show me anyplace you can touch a Supra for less than a vette, Let alone a 1k hp one for that price. And that N2O that everybody seems so proud of running isn't cheap either.

Just a couple of examples

Now back on topic'

Funny one comparison I have not seen anywhere is with the SUPRA! Why? because it is not even in the same class as the Skyline!
http://suprastore.com/19trdwi6sp10.html
I hate to say but your correct a fully modded 1000 HP supra will cost nearly 100k. And is 50,000K more than the vette

Last edited by DRFTKO; 10-19-2007 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 10-19-2007, 06:19 PM

I did not see any technical specs in that article just performance specs, I want to know about the lubrication system, fuel system, ignition etc...

Also this thread is about the nissan no one cares about supras
Old 10-19-2007, 06:21 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
I did not see any technical specs in that article just performance specs, I want to know about the lubrication system, fuel system, ignition etc...

Also this thread is about the nissan no one cares about supras
...or Corvettes for that matter. Lets Get back on topic please.
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 10-19-2007, 07:54 PM

ROFL this thread is funny.

If you want to put 1000 HP in a car that was never intended to have that much power then find somewhere else to drive it other than the streets where my family and friends drive.

The Z06 was designed to go 200mph, same with the Bugatti, a supra is not.

And obviously no one has heard of the Lingenfelter Z06 corvette, a twin turbo Vette making more than 800 HP that slays Ferrari's and Lambos. The best part is it only costs 80 for the Vette and 50 for the upgrade. And that comes with a complete engine makeover and its warrantied for 3 years or so so you know its reliable.

Its not so much imports vs domestics, domestics usually have more displacement and in the end displacement will always win. You can only put so much fuel and burn it efficiently in a small engine where you can put more in a bigger engine. Fuel is stored energy so more fuel = more stored energy and energy is what moves your car. Physics proves it, so get over it.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Proud Supra owner!

Send a message via AIM to WhiteMKIV Send a message via MSN to WhiteMKIV Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteMKIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygreen23 View Post
ROFL this thread is funny.

If you want to put 1000 HP in a car that was never intended to have that much power then find somewhere else to drive it other than the streets where my family and friends drive.

The Z06 was designed to go 200mph, same with the Bugatti, a supra is not.

And obviously no one has heard of the Lingenfelter Z06 corvette, a twin turbo Vette making more than 800 HP that slays Ferrari's and Lambos. The best part is it only costs 80 for the Vette and 50 for the upgrade. And that comes with a complete engine makeover and its warrantied for 3 years or so so you know its reliable.

Its not so much imports vs domestics, domestics usually have more displacement and in the end displacement will always win. You can only put so much fuel and burn it efficiently in a small engine where you can put more in a bigger engine. Fuel is stored energy so more fuel = more stored energy and energy is what moves your car. Physics proves it, so get over it.

So supras werent ment to go 200MPH? so i take it that the 2JZ-GTE motor wasnt suposed to hold 700HP with stock eternals then either. 80k for a vette then another 50k for the upgrade with the whole TT upgrade and a redone motor is a waste. for only 800HP. Why waste 50k on a twin turbo motor when you get more power out of a single. and arent vette's V8's? and supras are a 3.0 V6.... I think its funny that a 3.0 can stay up and put out just as much power as a V8.....I am a fan of Both Import and domestics, but when a car from another country with a smaller motor can still whoop the crap outta V8 american super car.... thats pretty sad.
Quote:

Old 10-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

GUYS SERIOUSLY!! THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE GT-R NOT DOMESTICS NOT SUPRAS.

Back on topic, I don't want my thread closed because a couple of immature kids want to argue about cars...get over it or take it to PM!!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Proud Supra owner!

Hey i had said earlier that im back to the topic, I was doing some research on the GTR, and found a pic that totally changed my idea on the car.....

I think that body body style is nice and slick, But the majoy thing i dislike about it is.. that the head lights drape to far down... but other than that i think that its a really nice body shape and style. Sure would be cool for it to be a future XMOD.
Quote:

Old 10-19-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMKIV View Post
So supras werent ment to go 200MPH? so i take it that the 2JZ-GTE motor wasnt suposed to hold 700HP with stock eternals then either. 80k for a vette then another 50k for the upgrade with the whole TT upgrade and a redone motor is a waste. for only 800HP. Why waste 50k on a twin turbo motor when you get more power out of a single. and arent vette's V8's? and supras are a 3.0 V6.... I think its funny that a 3.0 can stay up and put out just as much power as a V8.....I am a fan of Both Import and domestics, but when a car from another country with a smaller motor can still whoop the crap outta V8 american super car.... thats pretty sad.
dude you just proved you don't know jack, all supra engines including the 2jz-gte are in line 6 cylinders. By the way motors are electric. Sorry to hoe you out but I just had to do it sorry

PS this is my that supra related post at least in this thread

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 10-19-2007 at 09:38 PM..
Old 10-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Proud Supra owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
dude you just proved you don't know jack, all supra engines including the 2jz-gte are in line 6 cylinders. By the way motors are electric. Sorry to hoe you out but I just had to do it sorry

PS this is my that supra related post at least in this thread

Uhhh didnt i just say that supras ARE 6cylinders EVERY supra motor is a V6. What motors are electric? THEY run on GAS, we arent talking about XMODS. and how do i not know jack?

NO MORE GETING OFF TOPIC IM NOT GETING BANNED FOR THIS STUPID BS CONVO!
Quote:

Old 10-19-2007, 10:47 PM

V is the key letter young one, and you keep say all the HP the supra motor can handle are you talking about the wiper motor?

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 10-19-2007 at 10:53 PM..
Old 10-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMKIV View Post
Uhhh didnt i just say that supras ARE 6cylinders EVERY supra motor is a V6.
You just lost all your credibility. The minuscule amount you had.

Quote:
Engine(s):
3.0 L (2997 cc) 2JZ-GE I6
3.0 L (2997 cc) 2JZ-GTE I6
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_...281993-2002.29

If your motor is so far superior, call me when they produce 7000-8000 hp as with top fuel cars, and start setting world land speed records in the salt flats. Pushrod V8s, high power, high torque.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-19-2007, 11:08 PM
The Original S.S.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
You just lost all your credibility. The minuscule amount you had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_...281993-2002.29

If your motor is so far superior, call me when they produce 7000-8000 hp as with top fuel cars, and start setting world land speed records in the salt flats. Pushrod V8s, high power, high torque.
dont 4get the balls .......ok on topic now....i really dont like the stylin on the new skyline.......and i doubt its a corvette eater...and if it is....OMFG i hate 2 bring this car up but...the new supercharged corvette will eat it up

Closed Thread