Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (-1)
Send a message via AIM to oddryu Send a message via MSN to oddryu Send a message via Yahoo to oddryu
Question v2.2?

what exactly does the v2.2 board do? i read about it on atomicmods.com but am still kinda lost, and does anybody know a link to a tut for putting this on an evo?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to pittbull988

yea i need some info on it to... like do u have to use the stockwires cause i dont have ne from my old cars and if so can sombody tell me how big.what gauge they r
Old 03-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to oddryu Send a message via MSN to oddryu Send a message via Yahoo to oddryu

well pittbull988 i got most of the info on atomicmods.com
Old 03-15-2006, 07:41 PM

Hey Guys,

I am also putting a V2.2 in my Firebird. I have e-mailed atommicmod with some questions about wiring and mounting. The atommicmod site does have a tut on installing a V2.2 into a 1Gen and if you look at step 21 it gives you a good idea of what wires from your Evo board goes to the V2.2. The pin holes that go from the V2.2 board to the Evo board are very small and will not accept the larger wire size from the Evo board. I had to find a short strand of solid wire and solder it into the center of the braided wire and then soldered the solid wire to the V2.2 pin hole. I also used different pin holes then the tut suggests and if I can ever figure out how to post pictures I will post a pic of how I wired my V2.2.

Anyway as soon as I get some info I will forward it.

Bozz

High Speed – Low Drag
Old 03-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to djskyline Send a message via MSN to djskyline Send a message via Yahoo to djskyline

I have already done it , it was easy to install but you need 4 small gauge for the 4 center holes on the board its a simple concept just make sure to put the motor input and output in the right place its some what tricky just pay attition carefully and you will be fine oo, and i used gen 1 motor wires for the small gague wires in the middle of the v2 board. it is worth cuz it works great go to the gallery under lancers evos and you will find my car i got a stilleto chassis but i havent put a picture up yet of it withe the stilleto chassis on it but the v2 board is there.

lancer evo
and black skyline

Fat Boy HC motor
awd
steering/suspenion upgrade
bearings
body kits
racing suspenion
lithiums
v2 board
carbon fiber drive shaft
alloy rims
alloy wheel lock nuts
Old 03-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Banned

thanks guys
Old 03-16-2006, 11:07 AM

is the v2.2 board better for performance than stacking fets?
Old 03-16-2006, 02:15 PM

Here is what Atomicmods has to say about their V2.2 and what advantages it has.

“For a while now we have been held back by the stock XMOD electronics. The first limitation is the 8.4 maximum voltage limitation. The second is the stock FETs inability to handle high current motors. Even after a installing stacked FETs some cars will still have problems with the Mainboard overheating and shutting down after 5-7 minutes of hard racing. Another problem is the servo jittering from the higher voltage of the Lithium or 5 & 6 cell power systems. The V2 was engineered to solve all of those problems.”

So if all this is true I would think the V2 is a better choice, a more expensive one but a better choice.

Bozz

High Speed – Low Drag
Old 03-18-2006, 01:56 AM
Advance member

Quote:
High Speed – Low Drag
c&c red alert

basically allows more power....
Old 03-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Stage 1 member

im still lost on the purpose of v2.2.
does it work like stacking fets? do you still need to stack fets if you have a v2.2? how many fets would you need to stack in order to get the same power management as a v2.2?

and if I had lith ions and a losi 280 motor, would I need a v2.2? (but I guess this is better off in its own thread)
Old 03-21-2006, 03:16 PM

You do not need to stack fets with the v2.2 board.The stock e.p just tell the v2.2 board how much power to send to the motor.No big current goes to the stock e.p with v2.2 board installed.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to pittbull988

i just installed upgraded fets and it got them on right but the top one was upside down and i didnt realize and now its fried but i ordered new ones 5mins ago...but for evos u really dont need it just upgrade ur fets and do a stack
Old 08-30-2006, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskyline
I have already done it , it was easy to install but you need 4 small gauge for the 4 center holes on the board its a simple concept just make sure to put the motor input and output in the right place its some what tricky just pay attition carefully and you will be fine oo, and i used gen 1 motor wires for the small gague wires in the middle of the v2 board. it is worth cuz it works great go to the gallery under lancers evos and you will find my car i got a stilleto chassis but i havent put a picture up yet of it withe the stilleto chassis on it but the v2 board is there.
Djskyline i see your car and it looks sick. keep up the good work, but it is kind of hard to see the v2 hookup, and that is what i am most interested in. if you could send me a pic, explain, or whatever, that would be great. oh and if u want to send by email its [email protected]. THANKS

ps is anything soldered to the battery points on the actual original board. thanks again

Last edited by dooday08; 08-30-2006 at 07:46 PM..
Old 08-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to chase4494

yup... i was would how u do tht.

cars:
acura rsx
gen1 chassis
lipos
s2 motor
susp upgrade
awd
wild bk
Old 08-30-2006, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatecrasher
im still lost on the purpose of v2.2.
does it work like stacking fets? do you still need to stack fets if you have a v2.2? how many fets would you need to stack in order to get the same power management as a v2.2?

and if I had lith ions and a losi 280 motor, would I need a v2.2? (but I guess this is better off in its own thread)
ok first off yes. the v2 works like fets, by allowing more regulated current to your motor. it can run 30 volts, or whatever your motor can hold. it works best with lithium cells, because they allow just the right amount of current. it completely takes place of the fets, no need to remove or upgrade the stock ones. it is the superior way to stacking fets. it also eliminates servo jitter. you might also want a high current motor to keep up with the v2. if you need anything feel free to ask.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooday08
ok first off yes. the v2 works like fets, by allowing more regulated current to your motor. it can run 30 volts, or whatever your motor can hold. it works best with lithium cells, because they allow just the right amount of current. it completely takes place of the fets, no need to remove or upgrade the stock ones. it is the superior way to stacking fets. it also eliminates servo jitter. you might also want a high current motor to keep up with the v2. if you need anything feel free to ask.
This topic is over 60 days old, read the rules your last and final warning here, Closed.
Closed Thread