Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 07-18-2008, 01:12 AM
The Original S.S.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY
Default Nissan GTR vs Corvette C6 Z06..on the streets!

ive been wanting 2 see this 4 a while now. and now ive finally seen it, and the results were exactly how id thought theyd be. i thought id show u guys this...especially since theres a thread on here somewhere with the GTR vs Z06...anyways enjoy

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:31 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Hoorah for rich middle easterners...

At least i can say i own a little bit of land out there and it probably has oil under it...
Old 07-18-2008, 03:04 AM
Elite member

i though the skyline would win
Old 07-18-2008, 03:36 AM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

ya i thought the same a ss on this one its a no brainer the same or close to the same hp numbers and the skyline has awd soooo... think about it
Old 07-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_racer View Post
ya i thought the same a ss on this one its a no brainer the same or close to the same hp numbers and the skyline has awd soooo... think about it
First off, Awd is only good on a dig. From a roll it puts a lag on the car. Second, the skylines awd is only partime. It only turns on when it needs to. So from a roll it would be only rwd.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:57 AM
SPR

taht skyline driver cant drive. the factory launch control on that car should be throwing that skyline way out in the lead over that corvette on those 2 launches i saw skimming threw the video.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:35 AM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

wow i didnt think that would happen the brakeboosting should of put the skyline way up in front just like spr had said.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:46 AM

Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via AIM to 123Vette Send a message via Yahoo to 123Vette

how surprizing the corvette won.. duh although i will say this, as it goes for most american cars there strong point is a straight line. The results might be diffrent in a track race but for a drag what else did you expect? Now i love the corvette and of course itll always win in a drag (well i mean if it has a resonable oponent). Rwd is just best for stright lines. But there is doubt in my mind that it would win if it was a track race. I will be very happy if it does haha but i think the skyline would stand a good chance of winning.

Last edited by 123Vette; 07-30-2008 at 11:49 AM..
Old 07-30-2008, 03:52 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

rwd is not only for drag racing. many of the fastest min-z's are rwd. and all of the fastest ferrari's are rwd.
the thing that makes it only good for drag is a oversized engine and bad handling.
and the corvette is not only for drag you know.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:47 PM

i no its not only for drag my uncle had one im just saying no matter what awd better for track racing rwd better for drag racing. Simple point
Old 07-30-2008, 06:17 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Vette View Post
i no its not only for drag my uncle had one im just saying no matter what awd better for track racing rwd better for drag racing. Simple point
if thats true why doesnt indy car use awd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
rwd is not only for drag racing. many of the fastest min-z's are rwd. and all of the fastest ferrari's are rwd.
the thing that makes it only good for drag is a oversized engine and bad handling.
and the corvette is not only for drag you know.
corvettes handle very well, they have close to a 50/50 wieght ratio.

Last edited by Surgeon; 07-30-2008 at 07:56 PM..
Old 07-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post

Indy cars are a horse of a different color altogether. How many other cars have enough downforce to drive upside down if they wanted (In theory).
Old 07-30-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
Im not saying rwd iis bad for track racing in just saying that awd is better. They would use it in indy cars because then they would be slower.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:13 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Vette View Post
Im not saying rwd iis bad for track racing in just saying that awd is better. They would use it in indy cars because then they would be slower.

wrong again dude sorry. rwd is better most the time. even fwd cars can out handle a lot of awd cars.

im an awd lover, subaru die hard enthusiest, i love my awd. but i know its not the best thing out there. its great yes, and far greater than most cars. but any car tuned and designed for it can out handle a awd with the right driver. awd is just kinda idiot proof. dont need to be a really good driver to get around a corner as well.

go look at some of the fastest cars on top gears track car list. most of them are rwd.

when i go to autox's and most of the time i see something stupid like a little mazda miata win or something like that. rwd car most of the time.

the only thing i see awd superior in is rallys events and surfaces like dirt and snow, and launches and 60 footer times.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:10 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
wrong again dude sorry. rwd is better most the time. even fwd cars can out handle a lot of awd cars.

im an awd lover, subaru die hard enthusiest, i love my awd. but i know its not the best thing out there. its great yes, and far greater than most cars. but any car tuned and designed for it can out handle a awd with the right driver. awd is just kinda idiot proof. dont need to be a really good driver to get around a corner as well.

go look at some of the fastest cars on top gears track car list. most of them are rwd.

when i go to autox's and most of the time i see something stupid like a little mazda miata win or something like that. rwd car most of the time.

the only thing i see awd superior in is rallys events and surfaces like dirt and snow, and launches and 60 footer times.
Thanks that is what I was going to get to. I would like to also add that I think that in theory AWD would have the advantage in a drag racing situation with especially a inexperienced driver. This is because on the hole shot your not going to going to smoke the tires sitting still because AWD does a good job of transferring whats left of your horse power and torque to the ground. so if a inexperienced driver just mashes the pedal he /she would have a easier time transfer power to the ground with awd then with 2wd.

The main reason you don't see more AWD drive drag cars besides class restriction would be the add weight and parasitic draw from the added drive train. Basically a good driver does not need AWD for a good efficient hole shot.

this is just my thoughts I have no proof or have don't no research so it may just be all BS
Old 07-31-2008, 12:20 PM

ok i believe you ive never driven a r3wd car only awd and fwd so i guess i really shouldnt be talking.... i just asumed cuz at first look it makes sence... My bad im sorry
Old 07-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

How many land speed record cars, LMP cars, GT-class cars, and other road course race cars are AWD?

How many are RWD... Just about all of them. AWD has it's advantages in off road racing, and is dummy-proof in some forms, but where it really matters RWD is in just about every major race car class above the SCCA rolex series that has FWD Acuras, Mazdas, and Pontiacs..

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 07-31-2008, 09:33 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
How many land speed record cars, LMP cars, GT-class cars, and other road course race cars are AWD?

How many are RWD... Just about all of them. AWD has it's advantages in off road racing, and is dummy-proof in some forms, but where it really matters RWD is in just about every major race car class above the SCCA rolex series that has FWD Acuras, Mazdas, and Pontiacs..
exactly.

when it comes to awd drag racing....

its depends what class your running in. if your running pretty stockish cars, few bolt on mods, nothing to major like 12 second cars and slower, yeah awd kicks a lot of ***. but awd drivetrain is a massive power loss at the top end. and when it comes to high horsepower 11 second and under cars, it starts to suck. it takes more power to turn all 4 wheels than it does 2 wheels. a good set of drag slicks and a good launch can keep up with a awd launch easy.

while awd as stated above, its basically idiot proof for the noob drivers. anyone can take a awd car and do pretty decent with out a whole lot of skill and a lot of errors. rwd and fwd isnt so forgiving.

heres a good example.

paul nelson has the fastest 2.0 L mitsubishi evo around. he is running 9 flats on the awd drive train. onlything keeping him from being in the low 8's is because its awd. to keep the awd system functional and strong he has to keep the tires small enough. so even though he has 4 slicks on all 4 corners, they are so small that he is burning them off the entire way down sideways. he has to fight to keep that thing straight.

now if he converted to rwd, tubbed the rear end, and put a fat set of drag slicks that would hook up traction in 1st gear, he would be a low 8 second car because he would be able to have more rubber, and wouldnt be losing traction down the entire track. and he'd be able to keep it straight, plus no awd drivetrain powerloss trying to power all 4 wheels.

Last edited by SPR; 07-31-2008 at 09:36 PM..
Old 07-31-2008, 11:32 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

Ok, I'm going to throw out my rounds of reasons why the GT-R lost.

1) The driver can't drive
2) Wasn't set correctly (not on launch mode or whatever)
3) The Z06 is not stock
4) The GT-R was purposly not driven to it's fullest potential
5) The GT-R has less grip because there is sand/ dirt/ leaves on the ground
6) Because I said so.
7) They weren't really racing. Just good camera editing
8) The Z06 driver pushed twice before (whatever that means)
9) The Persian spec GT-R isn't as good as the US or Japan spec GT-R
10) Those people figured out how to make the GT-R FWD and made it look AWD so it was somehow a bit slower but not by much.

Then again, I could be just a dumb 14 year old making this up...
Old 08-01-2008, 06:45 AM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekid05 View Post
Ok, I'm going to throw out my rounds of reasons why the GT-R lost.

1) The driver can't drive
2) Wasn't set correctly (not on launch mode or whatever)
3) The Z06 is not stock
4) The GT-R was purposly not driven to it's fullest potential
5) The GT-R has less grip because there is sand/ dirt/ leaves on the ground
6) Because I said so.
7) They weren't really racing. Just good camera editing
8) The Z06 driver pushed twice before (whatever that means)
9) The Persian spec GT-R isn't as good as the US or Japan spec GT-R
10) Those people figured out how to make the GT-R FWD and made it look AWD so it was somehow a bit slower but not by much.

Then again, I could be just a dumb 14 year old making this up...

NOPE! your right on par. with probably more than one of those. that skyline shoulda killed the z06.