Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Questions / Suggestions / Complaints / Comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 06-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

yeah RedXSmodder i agree i dont think we need that kind either...

FOR SALE!
SCION TC WITH B/K.
HUMMER BODY AND BK.
ACURA NSX BODY WITH FRONT CLIP.
G35 WITH B/K.
SOME SUSPENTION STUFF.
SWEET CUSTOM TRAILER.
PM ME.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Stop complaining and start a project. The reason it's dying is because everyone is sitting on their *** wondering why it's dying.

Xmods are not sacred. Cut, mold, form, paint, and work the SOB.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 06-14-2008, 04:50 PM

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Kaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Stop complaining and start a project. The reason it's dying is because everyone is sitting on their *** wondering why it's dying.

Xmods are not sacred. Cut, mold, form, paint, and work the SOB.
+1 If you're always gonna be scared of doing something out of the ordinary, then things just get boring. So what if Radioshack doesn't make that model anymore and you only have one, whether you're capable or not you should try. Not happy with it, learn from it and try again till you're happy...

I've been working on my Z for almost a year now, slowly and surely it's getting close to what I want it to be and people like it. Go out and do what you like, who cares if someone's hating, if its attractive you'll get help too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1v1c View Post
I dont know how changing the forum color theme would change anything to keep this forum alive.
I kinda like the idea, the way i'm looking at it isn't necessarily about it keeping it alive, but maybe a new look would inspire or motivate some people to go do something. I mean if you stared at the same thing everyday you'd feel kinda dull or bored right? so who knows maybe it'll start something, hell you could prolly make something out of it by making it a contest like "design the new XMS" or vote on a new XMS theme. That should get something started.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to Titantaw12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
+1 If you're always gonna be scared of doing something out of the ordinary, then things just get boring. So what if Radioshack doesn't make that model anymore and you only have one, whether you're capable or not you should try. Not happy with it, learn from it and try again till you're happy...

I've been working on my Z for almost a year now, slowly and surely it's getting close to what I want it to be and people like it. Go out and do what you like, who cares if someone's hating, if its attractive you'll get help too.

I kinda like the idea, the way i'm looking at it isn't necessarily about it keeping it alive, but maybe a new look would inspire or motivate some people to go do something. I mean if you stared at the same thing everyday you'd feel kinda dull or bored right? so who knows maybe it'll start something, hell you could prolly make something out of it by making it a contest like "design the new XMS" or vote on a new XMS theme. That should get something started.

+1
I think new background or banner would attract more members.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:22 PM

It's not even about attracting new members, its more about productivity, there're 31+ Users signed in right now, how many are actually doing something here? I mean, how many outta 31 are active in a project being highlighted right now? how many are taking part in the threads that the already new people start? you see what i mean? if we get new people its nice, but then you might have swarms of questions like. "how'd you get that, i never seen it before all i have is this bumblebee/baricade,where'd you get those parts etc.", not saying that I'd or anyone here would have a problem with it, but with the way things are now, hardly anyone will answer those questions or atleast point them in the right direction.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned

yeah i know the point of this thread is to motivate memeber but their could be more memebrs too.
Theres 30 memebers online but on this fourm theres 6,680 members.
Some pople just register for a fourm and are never online.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Stage 1 member

i lost all my inthusiasm when i went to buy loads of upgrads at a local shop only to find i couldnt. i sure hope there is a new line up then id have it all again.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titantaw12 View Post
yeah i know the point of this thread is to motivate memeber but their could be more memebrs too.
Theres 30 memebers online but on this fourm theres 6,680 members.
Some pople just register for a fourm and are never online.
Your missing the point entirely. Sure there is thousands of members, that includes everyone who has come and gone. Some just come for simple help and leave.

The point is getting those 30 active members to do something.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 06-14-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
i lost all my inthusiasm when i went to buy loads of upgrads at a local shop only to find i couldnt. i sure hope there is a new line up then id have it all again.
This is what we need to help fight, it's exactly what was said before, lack of RS parts/mods leaves the new people wanting to do something but without something there to start the fundamentals what do we do to prevent the loss of interest and to supply the fundamentals.

The experienced members here should take more of a teacher role or leader role to support the new people. I mean if you signed up and talked about there being a lack of parts and wanting some ideas, we should be able to encourage you to look around at old threads (without reviving them, because thats spam/infraction) and asking questions about how somethings are done. I mean after reading your reply I'd like to ask "have you ever thought about trying to make your own upgrades/mods?"

RS has a decent bare parts drawers in all their stores, you can easily go for a 5-6-7cell upgrade, or you can buy a 4 cell holder and relocate your powersupply. Buy some wire and upgrade to 18 or 22 gauge. I mean new people should really ask for information and try to do research, the more research compiled the more you know what you want to try and get (and the quicker you get to opening the B/S/T option to be able to look for those no longer available parts).

Of course that doesn't mean go and ask obvious questions and begin spaming yourself to 300 posts+. I mean just go do a lil research by going through the archives (the many pages in each section), you still don't understand something, ask about it you know?

Old 06-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Your missing the point entirely. Sure there is thousands of members, that includes everyone who has come and gone. Some just come for simple help and leave.

The point is getting those 30 active members to do something.
Thats what I said Some pople just register for a fourm and are never online.

same as

Some just come for simple help and leave.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:11 PM

Texan said the point was in getting the 30 active members to do something, not talking about the ones that just show up for simple help. We mean like... getting you to start a project your name's Titanaw right, so that must mean you started Xmods with a Titan. So you have a truck, why not try and make some sick Drag truck, or track truck that's faster than anything you've seen built on any Xmod Forum?

Old 06-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Banned

Yeah I have titan and F-150. The problem some/most pople might have is tring to find part to start projects. That could be the difference.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:18 PM

I understand that, so why not make requests, go into Off-topic or general and post for help finding a specific part, or post and idea and a basic parts list needed and ask if you should need anything else you know? It's not like finding parts will hold you back, its whether you know how to ask for help on finding them, or if you have the money for them that makes problems. I myself donate stuff every now and then, so you never know who out there is willing to help out.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Oh my word you are over thinking this Titanaw.

Be creative, start a project. Use **** that you wouldn't normally use (see my DMX Dragster and S10 with their gear boxes). Take you trucks and paint them, slam them, lift them, whatever. You don't have to spend money or have to hunt down xmods parts (which there are no shortage of).

Old 06-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh my word you are over thinking this Titanaw.

Be creative, start a project. Use **** that you wouldn't normally use (see my DMX Dragster and S10 with their gear boxes). Take you trucks and paint them, slam them, lift them, whatever. You don't have to spend money or have to hunt down xmods parts (which there are no shortage of).
I do see your point of painting or something that doesn't use alot of time to find a part.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Then stop posting and start modding.

No more "I agree with... I see your point..." posts, these are borderline spamming ONCE again.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Stage 2 member

Meh, i'm not around much anymore cuz' i got into Test Drive Unlimited, and Crysis, i'm lacking superglue for my civic project which i haven't gotten around to do it in like 3 months, and i was helping my parents buy new cars(07 Toyota Camry, and 05 Volvo S60 T5) o and BTW guys i'm still wandering this site....