Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-13-2007, 09:02 PM

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Motor Upgrading. Which is the better choice?

Hi, lately I've posted a few questions and received tons of help and I just wanna thank you guys. I have another question here about upgrading my motor. I have 2 choices; either buy the full stage 2 motor set with all the bevel gears + HS or a PN Racing Speedy 07BB Mod motor which doesn't require FET upgrades and I don't plan to do it (FET upgrade) for a while.

The problem is I would like to have those extra motors that come with all those different gears...but I know the PN motor is better. However, I don't know exactly how to install it. Do I solder out the female connector for the motor off the board and just solder the PN motor in there? If so I can get it soldered (with some help) but that would mean I'd have to keep it in there "permanently" (i know i could solder it out) and could be a hassle if I want to degrade my motor back to S1 or something if its too fast. I know most will say go with the PN motor since I can buy the gears anyways but right now I'm not willing to buy them all separately. Which gear would be best for my kind of style play anyways? I plan to drift when I get my AWD and bearings and just plainly run my car around for fun (usually in small areas) and have little races.

Sorry for the massive question I have a Gen 1 btw all stock pretty much for now except a body kit and tires. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited by Mugen_tom; 09-13-2007 at 09:06 PM..
Old 09-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (4)

I'd go for 9t pinion.should be good for drift and to race in small area too.
see this to wind motor:
http://www.xmodded.co.uk/phpXboard/viewtopic.php?t=3572
but if you're not skilled in soldering go for the speedy,it costs a few but makes you save time.

Last edited by jollyboss; 09-14-2007 at 06:36 AM..