Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2011, 03:06 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter
Default SR-Werkz CS 370z project

so after my experiment with CS drifting on my rsx, i decided it was time to try it at a longer weelbase, and my 370z looked like a good candidate. this time around, i won't only by changing gear ratios, but also will cut some camber adjustments into my top arms so that i can fine tune it.

diff is shimmed for contact with the 8t motor pinion i used in place of the cone gear.
here is the modded gear: it's superglued to a plastic awd small bushing(also same size as a gen1 bushing) and melted out on the backside to a depth of about 2.3mm-2.5mm

the differential has a bushing on one side, and a bearing on the other with shims to adjust the gear mesh. the bearing side has 2 of the 3 shims installed on it. this keeps the gear tooth contact close enough to reduce tooth skipping. another side note is that i swapped the medium driveshaft for a short driveshaft from the awd kit. this is necessary to ensure front/back spacing

driving video as well:
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.