Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-17-2011, 12:23 AM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)
Default Help finding missing pet...

One of my dogs got missing earlier today and I have spent most of the day looking around the area for her. What I need help on is some free or cheap (I'm a broke college student right now) resources to help me find and bring her home. I have already posted a 'lost' add on Craigslist, but I wanted to see if anyone here would know of another source that I could use that would fit my needs. I plan to call around to the local animal shelters and veterinarians tomorrow and see if she has been turned in to any of those places. Any fast help would be appreciated.
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 03-17-2011, 12:46 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Seeing as you have access to a computer..

Do you have a printer, ink for the printer, and paper? You could make signs on paper, and put them up around your area on telephone poles, hand them out to people. Etc.

Animals usually run off, but they always come back to the pack. It's in their nature, and will always be. So if no one finds your dog, sooner or later your dog will come back on home.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:21 AM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Seeing as you have access to a computer..

Do you have a printer, ink for the printer, and paper? You could make signs on paper, and put them up around your area on telephone poles, hand them out to people. Etc.

Animals usually run off, but they always come back to the pack. It's in their nature, and will always be. So if no one finds your dog, sooner or later your dog will come back on home.
I'm going to start some sort of flier to put out if I don't find out anything soon.

I hope she wonders back home, but her senses are probably a little off these days due to her being an older dog. Who knows, I'm just hoping for the best at this point.
My XMODS

Old 03-17-2011, 02:48 AM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

physically check any and all humane societies and such in your area...dont just call and ask...my buddy lost 2 of his pups...humane society said they werent there...he went to check ...and they were...so just be sure

and as a huge animal lover i truly hope you find your lost family member...or she/he finds their way home

Team X.I.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:55 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
physically check any and all humane societies and such in your area...dont just call and ask...my buddy lost 2 of his pups...humane society said they werent there...he went to check ...and they were...so just be sure

and as a huge animal lover i truly hope you find your lost family member...or she/he finds their way home
All the animal shelters and veterinarians were called today, but I might go and check them out just in case.

Thanks for the support, I'm hoping that she does make her way back home.

As far as an update on the situation, I am almost certain I seen her (the street light was shining directly on her and I got a good identification) in a neighbor's yard down the street late last night at 3:00 am. The time I got over there, she was on the other side of the house and I'm not going in their backyard that late at night. I took an add out in the local newspaper, so hopefully someone finds her if I don't.

I checked the neighborhood more thoroughly today and even searched some fields and wooded areas around my area. No sign of her at all.
My XMODS