Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default A TexanIdiot family jewel: '67 Dodge Coronet

Edit: October 19th, 2010. The search is over.

I've presented some of my more wild childhood car roots before. Here's a bit more subdued story. This car was owned originally by my great grand parents until the mid 90s when it was sold after my great grandad's death. ****it, why did they sell the Coronet instead of the '89 New Yorker? Never the less, shortly after it left my family, it went through a few mild changes and was later featured in MOPAR Collector's mag. I have a picture of the car when my great grandparents owned it, and the scanned pages of MOPAR Collector's mag with a great little story on it all. And my 90 year old great grandma is the "Kindly old lady in Texas".

Originally:

Post 2nd owner:

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 10-19-2010 at 07:34 PM..
Old 09-11-2009, 10:21 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Trader Rating: (0)

I was hoping at the end of the thread I would read you recently reacquired it.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Life is like a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
I was hoping at the end of the thread I would read you recently reacquired it.
me too we just happened to be thinking the same thing wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by garder121 View Post
not so secret anymore but this is so sexy i'm gonna mix spanish and english together muy=very + sexy=sexy = smexy *very sexy* but i love the version more than the stock it just looks so nice idk how to explain myself.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I am hunting right now. I think i've found a possible lead. Found a white pages listing online for a man of the same name (only one) up in Spring TX, 10 miles north of my great grandma's and the upholstry shop they mention in the article. Gonna take a jump in the deepend and call. If not, I'm gonna dig up some registration papers at my great grandmas. I also shot an email to MOPAR Collector's guide to get some more info. I tried this many years ago when I was fifteen, but my email probably came off as some pathetic ramble. This is what I sent tonight.

Quote:
<[email protected]>
View Contact
To: [email protected]

coronet.jpg (65KB) View Slideshow
Hi, I'm emailing about the black Coronet in the Aug 1997 issue. I was wondering if you had any contact info on the owner John Loehmann. I'm the "Kindly little old lady"'s great grandson, and I'm trying to track the car down and see if it's still around. Attached is a picture of the car before John got it, with the white vinyl roof and burgundy paint. My great grandma, Texas Simpson, will be 91 this October. And she gave me the picture below a few weeks ago to see if I could find it. I've had a copy of this issue for years as well!
I'd seriously consider selling the CST10 for it. Seriously...

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 09-11-2009 at 10:49 PM..
Old 09-11-2009, 10:51 PM

well good luck I hope the best. I know personaly how those family cars and be in your heart.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

With your Impala I understand. Trust me, if I could find my dad's Camaro, I'd wet myself. This Coronet I hardly remember. It was my great-grandad's prized car and so much of it's time was in the garage while us kids were shuttled around in the back of the New Yorker (like, 6 of us little kids could sit in that car.. awesome).

Old 09-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

AWESOME!!! I was googling the previous owners last name and '67 Coronet, and found a link to a local houston MOPAR club. It was a drag race listing from 1997 when the coronet placed 2nd in it's class in the MOPAR meet. E-mailed the club president and..

Quote:
Hello Phillip..
My name's Troy Hawkes, I'm the president of the Houston Mopar Club Connection. Yes, I know John and remember his car. I'm not sure if he owns it any more, but I can try to get in touch with him or pass on his contact information to you.........

Great great story.......
Troy

Old 09-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Elite member

Good to hear you got a lead!

Good luck bro.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Sounds like one heckuva story dude. I hope you find it. If you do find it, and if the guy will trade it to you for the CST/10 than I think it would be a fair trade. Only thing that might get in the way would be that the Coronet is super-custom, so you may need to trade the CST/10, Lazor, old CST cab, an oven, and maybe a part of your arm for it, but it would be worth it. And despite the monster motor/tranny combo it seems like a good 'ol street car. Well good luck dude. Hope you find it.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

If I pull on his heart strings enough, given he doesn't mind selling it back into the family, I'm sure he'd cut a deal. It's hardly a super custom... And mind you these pictures are over 10 years old. No telling what it's like now.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Stage 1 member

That Coronet in the Mopar Mag is the same coronet your grandma/grandpa had? Then why are the plates different?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:23 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Long View Post
That Coronet in the Mopar Mag is the same coronet your grandma/grandpa had? Then why are the plates different?
Because it was sold before it went into the magazine... Try to keep up here. Lol...
Old 09-15-2009, 01:30 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Because the car was sold, and the title changed. You got new plates with a new title in Texas back then. Not to mention the nearly 2 year gap between being sold, and being featured, it's had time for the original plates to expire. Plus, if you pay any **** attention, the photo I have bears an exact resemblance to the article's description. And if you read the article, see where he bought special 1967 Texas plates for it.

I have no reason to lie here kiddo... can't pull tricks on me.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 09-15-2009 at 01:38 AM..
Old 09-15-2009, 01:34 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:
Wow... I believe you do not own a Vehicle. One person may have certain plates for that EXACT vehicle, and once you sell it, it goes into a different name, thus' the new current owners will be getting a BRAND new set of plates.

Very nice story there Tex. Good Luck on the attempt on getting her back.

Blade.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:54 AM

jezz i was hoping for a new update and had to read about this

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Because it was sold before it went into the magazine... Try to keep up here. Lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Because the car was sold, and the title changed. You got new plates with a new title in Texas back then. Not to mention the nearly 2 year gap between being sold, and being featured, it's had time for the original plates to expire. Plus, if you pay any **** attention, the photo I have bears an exact resemblance to the article's description. And if you read the article, see where he bought special 1967 Texas plates for it.

I have no reason to lie here kiddo... can't pull tricks on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Wow... I believe you do not own a Vehicle. One person may have certain plates for that EXACT vehicle, and once you sell it, it goes into a different name, thus' the new current owners will be getting a BRAND new set of plates.

Very nice story there Tex. Good Luck on the attempt on getting her back.

Blade.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:46 PM
auto body tech

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via Yahoo to spitfire

Quote:
Same here.

I hope you get the old family jewel back home. Looks realy cool in the magazine.

RA44 USGP 10th Anniversary Toyota Celica.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Volvo Enthusiast

Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via Yahoo to greekone

Wow, awesome story man. I hope you end up tracking the car and take possession of it.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
I'm waitin' on the MOPAR Club guy to get back to me! I'll email him again tomorrow. If he fails to get ahold of him, I'll try the white pages number.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Elite member

Saw your update on Facebook, didn't feel like commenting there...

Did the 2nd owner tell you who he sold it to? Or was it one of those "I can't give out his information" deals?
Old 09-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Haven't gotten ahold of the 2nd owner. The Club owner just said he heard it was sold.

I left a message for my cop-uncle to try and run all the old plate numbers, not sure if he'll go for it.