Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 04-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

I dont have much money right now, I know I cant get anykind of sheet metal, because I cant cut it and I dont have a grinder. I need a dremal (if thats how you spell it). I've been spraying the trunk with rust killer, and most of the core support, I may need prolly 2-4 cans of the rust treatment/rust killer.

Right now, I have no way to get to my bank, I have bikes but they all have flat tires, I can walk, but it seems like a bad idea. I would walk, but I'm kinda wanting the time to work on the car while I can.

I'm going to get a small video of the Monte Carlo after all the interior is back in. I cleaned everything but the carpet, I mean I tried to clean it, 5 times. But that thing is just annoying, theres a big gunk/sticky spot from where a open mountain dew bottle used to be (from the guy that sold it to me used it as a trash can basicly). I'm going to sell more and more so I can try to quickly get the money for the tag, because I really would love to drive it now. I can drive it down to the gas station down my street with no problem (because I am getting gas or filling my tires), the cops even said it was ok, unless I'm filling the car up to go somewhere else, that would be a problem. Also if I were to just go get a drink instead of gas or air in the tire, they would have to give me a ticket.

The first car show around here I will go to no matter what, but I have to have a tag ofcourse.

Theres a leak somewhere by the back windows , I have to take that trim off to seal it, but theres a problem, the thing I used to un-screw the seat belt screws got striped, so that is going to be a problem, because I've tried everything else with it, all the screw drivers, lets just say everything.

Edit: What, bondo, I already put the wiper motors back in. It was way before I started on the interior. And about the screws, I have them in bags with a letter, or just where they go. Fuc* it man, I'm just going to walk up to the bank, and get some money. I'm going to do a temp. job, and then when I get all that money from the Maxima payments, I'll go ahead and get new floor pans. I dont have $100. now, and if I did, I wouldnt spend it all on the floor pans which arent too bad, I mean theres holes, I just gotta watch out for large puddles. I'm going to put something over it so it wont get wet inside, but the floor pans will be removed once I have enough money and somebody to weld everything (or I can have a stroke of luck and find a good cheap welder, or even barrow one).

Edit, again: Sorry, just read the top part of your post, its going to be both, resto/daily driver. Theres no problem driving while its getting restored. I'm not going to do stuff like I did in the Maxima, take it off roading go out on long trips, just drive around for no reason, do modifications that make it look extremely ricey, ect. (I cant go on for hours, but I'll stop).

Last edited by snowboi1289; 04-03-2009 at 11:26 AM..
Old 04-03-2009, 11:23 AM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

just about the only way to get the torx bolt out if it's stripped is to weld a bolt to it and torch the threads since there installed at 30ft. pounds.

and no, you can't drive an untagged car ANYWHERE.
it doesnt matter if your testing the new brakes you just put on it.
an unliscensed car CAN NOT leave your driveway unless under tow.
they make gas cans and air tanks for a reason.

and no, you can't just pop the trim off the back window and squirt something in there.
if there's water in there then there's rust.
if there's rust then the hole is only going to get bigger.
this is the kinda stuff i'm talking about man.
with the help of a freind,a piano/guitar string,a days worth of work,leftover ospho from the floor pans and a $15 tube of butyl you could have it done right and probably never have to worry about it again.

edit to relpy to his edit....
if you're broke then stop everything that your doing,get it roadworthy,get it tagged,get a job and start saving.
all your doing now is making things worse and wasting time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboi1289 View Post

Edit: What, bondo, I already put the wiper motors back in. It was way before I started on the interior. And about the screws, I have them in bags with a letter, or just where they go. Fuc* it man, I'm just going to walk up to the bank, and get some money. I'm going to do a temp. job, and then when I get all that money from the Maxima payments, I'll go ahead and get new floor pans. I dont have $100. now, and if I did, I wouldnt spend it all on the floor pans which arent too bad, I mean theres holes, I just gotta watch out for large puddles. I'm going to put something over it so it wont get wet inside, but the floor pans will be removed once I have enough money and somebody to weld everything (or I can have a stroke of luck and find a good cheap welder, or even barrow one).

Edit, again: Sorry, just read the top part of your post, its going to be both, resto/daily driver. Theres no problem driving while its getting restored. I'm not going to do stuff like I did in the Maxima, take it off roading go out on long trips, just drive around for no reason, do modifications that make it look extremely ricey, ect. (I cant go on for hours, but I'll stop).
that's the thing man, it can't really be a resto AND a daily.
there's too much stuff that needs to be done to that car and most of it is going to take a week or more at a time, AND MONEY.
if you need a driver then fix little cheap stuff that NEEDS it and start saving.

Last edited by bondo; 04-03-2009 at 11:49 AM..
Old 04-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
if you're broke then stop everything that your doing,get it roadworthy,get it tagged,get a job and start saving.
all your doing now is making things worse and wasting time.
Agreed.

I would listen to Bondo if I were you. You aren't going to be able to make this a show car on a limited budget. Just fix what needs to be fixed in order for it to be a reliable driver, get it registered and insured and then get a job and save up. Then when you have the money, fix it the right way, instead of using "instant magical cure-all elixirs."