Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Sorry guys for not replying sooner....had to work too much this week. Hope to do some further mods when I get a chance....one problem with the bigger tires is that they may be too wide to fit between the body, and I really don't want to jack the rear of the car up any further. I also have to adjust the front body mount a little bit to center the front better so the front tires don't rub. Thankfully this is a strait line car, so I am not too concerned. I found a complete 67 firebird body kit that has has larger rear tires included...just not sure I want to open the kit.....sorta rare now...but I might.
They just repaved the street in my town house complex, but it has been raining so I can't test it out yet there. It seems smooth so Hopefully I can make a video for everyone.
As for the body mounting technique, the rear body is mounted with velcro on top of the battery pack as the underside of the trunk rests perfectly on top and is secured with velcro. The front mount uses a mustang gt front mount cut slightly shorter and fits into a slot that I made with .....bear with me....cardboard that is glued to the inside of the nova front bumper. The cardboard is easy to cut and glue using thick cynaacrelate glue (super glue) and then is brushed with the same glue forming an unbelievable strong front mount that is quite durable. Hope to have some updates when I get a chance. I am also working on multiple other designs of my Xpro chassis, and may even offer a 4 cell AAA version and "possibly" a truck chassis as well. All my current projects and many of my old projects can be viewed at www.diyminituner.blogspot.com with all sorts of pictures and info. I just don't know when I will get a chance to make these into production with all the holidays and what not going on.
Take care,
Mike
Old 12-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

I can't wait for the video, it looks like an awesome drag car. Just get that rear skid plate made before you decide to take it outside.

EDIT: Just checked your ebay store, when will that evo truck motor be back in stock? It looks really good for my crawler.

Last edited by rsx racer; 12-17-2008 at 12:03 PM..