Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star
Cool New project truck!

I hate to post this without any pics, but I'm just too excited! I'm getting an 86 S10 swb reg cab pickup with a 4.3 out of a 2001 S10 (with 50k miles). The truck's been frame-off painted, new carpet, lots of new interior and engine parts, new bumpers, lights, etc...I'll have pics posted by Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots more to come!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

How much did you pick her up for!!?!?!?!

Should build up that 4.3L(262) rather than a SBC. You could get some high numbers out of her easily. Finding aluminum heads on the other hand are extremely hard to find for the 4.3L.

However, I already know what engine your going to put into her.

When you do, your going to notice that your fan will be hitting the belts and pulleys, etc. Your going to have to go to an electric fan set, and a 1996 Dodge Intrepid has the correct measurements to be mounted in a Gen.1 S10 without any kind of customization, but your going to have to do a reverse mount with the fans.

==
[| |
[| |
[| |
[| | <--- Rad Support. [ <-- Fan.
[| |
[| |
[| |
==

Or you could get a Corvette's cooling system. That'll work perfectly.

Hub/Disc conversion to seperate Hub and seperate Disc is a must, or go to a Corvette hub and get some high end discs. Rear disc is another must.

What kind of steering do you have? Power or Standard?

With the 86' having the 4.3L means that the cross member has been altered, or completely changed to fit the 4.3L. I had to do the exact same thing for the 4.3L to fit into the ol' S10.(However she is a 88' S10.)

Standard, or Automatic? If Automatic going to a SBC will require a floor shifter, a column shift will not clear the manifolds/headers whichever you will be using.

Gonna tub her? Or drop her? Maybe both?

Tom.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Xmod Expert

It's probably going to stay with the 4.3, if I can get it running correctly. It's got power steering, power brakes, already has a shifter on the floor for the auto. Buying it for $700.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

If I get that 4.8/6spd, we shall have to turn our ricer auto-x into a beater S10 drag race.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
If I get that 4.8/6spd, we shall have to turn our ricer auto-x into a beater S10 drag race.
Ooo I like that idea.... Must have videos if it happens!

Makes me wish I kept the ol' S10..

$700.00 is a steal of a deal for an S10... God, those trucks are expensive to get up here and hard to haggle to get the price dropped because of the culture base of mini-trucking they belong to, plus the whole thing with the Gen.1's being able to hold a 572 in the engine bay(has it been done, probably not as the engine itself is as much as a KIA...).

Back on the look-out for another S10 for me!

Tom.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Xmod Expert

We're legends in our own minds... now...if i could only find a totaled syclone, we'd be in business. 2 more days! I'll update this project better than I did with the blazer. I've got a new camera to play with and if that doesn't get it, the 8.0 megapixel droid will.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Banned

Syclone's have aluminum heads on them... God I want one so bad... Only one thing about the SyTy's I don't like is, the rims.. God they are fugly...

You better update this thread alot man... Haha, should also join an S10 forum too. Lots of information to be had on C-Notching and the 262 on them.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:01 PM
Xmod Expert

I've been on all the S-10 forums since like 03. =P
Old 10-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Ooo I like that idea.... Must have videos if it happens!

Makes me wish I kept the ol' S10..

$700.00 is a steal of a deal for an S10... God, those trucks are expensive to get up here and hard to haggle to get the price dropped because of the culture base of mini-trucking they belong to
Does it make you mad that S10s can be picked up all day in the south for well under a grand? There's one setup for a Camaro LS1/6spd for $700 near here.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Xmod Expert

I found 2 more about 20 mins away from me for 600 each.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Banned

I hate you guys....

That ****es me off greatly... ****it. I thought getting the S10 I had for $2,000.00 was a good deal.. Guess not.

I'm searching for a cheap bugger, Gen.1 again. Might talk a friend into selling his to me. He doesn't use it, been sitting and collection rot... Easy fix and clean up though.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

La-dee-dah, $2200 and asking to pull the (300hp, 300ft lb of torque) 4.8 for a little bitty LS1. Or, even cheaper, a 5.3 which with a bit of tuning sits over 350hp and close to 400 ft lb of torque. Camaro 6spd and 3.73 rear gears.
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2010852600.html

God bless the USA.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 10-21-2010 at 11:25 AM..
Old 10-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
La-dee-dah, $2200 and asking to pull the (300hp, 300ft lb of torque) 4.8 for a little bitty LS1. Or, even cheaper, a 5.3 which with a bit of tuning sits over 350hp and close to 400 ft lb of torque. Camaro 6spd and 3.73 rear gears.
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2010852600.html

God bless the USA.
Oh mah gawd

But I wouldn't pay $2,200.00 for that S10... It's a single Cab, would only give him $1,500.00 max haha.

Talking to mah friend and he wants $1,500.00 for his, but blackbook Canada says in his condition, the truck is only worth $250.00. Showed him the info. and he told me I had made it up, so I told him to blacklist it himself and I would only give him $400.00 for it max.

I'm such a good haggler eh?

By the way, it's friday tomorrow... Better get those pictures
Old 10-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Xmod Expert

Building performance S10/Blazers, it's usually a GOOD thing to have a 2 dr or a regular cab for weight savings. The only additional weight that does some good is right over the rear end, otherwise...lighter=better. I'd say the truck that Tex is looking at is probably worth about $4k at best. With a little bit of work, maybe 5K. 2200 is a good deal for a 6 spd LS powered S10, imo.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (1)

definately a good deal in my area too and im about as far north as you can get before canada
370z-stock
Old 10-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

If I have time I'm going out there tomorrow, not dead set on anything when I've got the trans swap for the CST10 planned out now.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 10-22-2010 at 12:00 AM..
Old 10-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Banned

True true. However, the ext. cab looks sooooooooo much sexier

Not one for a Reg. cab with a long box

So... Where are these pictures?

Been waiting so long man!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Xmod Expert

So, the truck's going to need a good bit of work, but all the pieces are there. The interior has brand new carpet to be put in, some weird seats that are really comfy, a floor shifter with a big console, new headliner, late model s10 steering wheel, new door panels, and the only thing that isn't in good shape is the dash, but i may be able to salvage it. The exterior is in decent condition, but his painting isn't all that great. The paint he used is outdated and I can't even purchase it from our local PPG supply house because they don't make it any more. Better yet, I'm going to paint the truck the same color as my Silverado, gunmetal grey. As far as the engine, it looks like the install was done correctly, just a bunch of wires to trace out and hook up. Exterior mods to come are 15" gunmetal honey comb wheels, dual scoop cowl induction hood, 3" drop, and new paint, of course. It came with new bumpers and a billet grille, those are going to stay. The engine is very clean and it came with a new aluminum radiator and fan shroud. I also saw the receipts for a new windshield and the $300 that he spent on the door panels. The exhaust isn't hooked up, but no big deal. I'll weld one up and get it done. Here are pics of it loaded off the trailer...
Also, notice that the doors are a darker shade of red than the rest of the truck. He gave me two cans of paint and they were two different metallic reds...

Teaser pic of how it sits now...
That's with the honeycomb rims, cowl hood, and 3" drop blocks...front is still stock height.

Last edited by suicide_star; 10-22-2010 at 08:39 PM..
Old 10-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

HAHA, yup, he got to the wiring portion of the swap and went... "****"

That is a 2nd gen Blazer console, the seats look like GrandPrix/Pontiac seats.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Banned

I like that red... Except the whole mis-match paint scheme it has going on...

Hmm, where is the airdam???(Lower valiance)

Toss the billet grill, go with a phantom they are much more cleaner imho.

Roll pan please?

Atleast it's not spahgetti

And you said it was $700.00...? That is unbelievable. How is the rust issue on the rear of the frame?