Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-09-2010, 03:51 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to 91FCPleaseTII
Question 1 problem Down 2 More to go! PLEASE Advice?! Video Description!!

Alright so the good news is... I GOT A NEW XMOD!!! woo woo! got a GT-r for 23bucks! brand new from a Radio Shack! the place had over 5 of em, and all the other street models too! had 1 AWD kit, and 1 Stg 2 motor upgrade as well!! I bought em all!

Good news,
-new car (gt-r) $22.97
-stage two on clearance $1.97!!!!!!!!
-AWD upgrade $13.97

Bad news,
Me n my friend both have 370's that are the same band (10) and are unable to drift together with out interferance... SOOOO I decided to make the GT-r my drifter, swappping over the Stage 2 and the AWD!

THE "PLEASE HELP ME!" part...

BUT!!! the GT-R brand new WONT EVEN GOO! holding the car upside down, or off a surface. closing the throttle fully will make the wheels make some pretty nice power. but as soon as the wheels hit the floor, or if the car tries to start from the floor. ITS A NO GO! takes ages for it to move anywhere andd when it picks up enough speed, it will kick in a little and pull away. The cars original motor had the same result, my stage 2 motor had the same result, afteer cleaning out everything and aligning everything the way it should be (or so I hope) still the same result!!!

VIDEO HERE-->
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

RC throttle problems as well.
-Rc controllers throttle response isnt very good. lighty tapped, throttle is nice and easy as it should be. about 1/4 way down, the rpms are on its way up as it should be, 2/4ths still climbing as it should be. 3/4ths is where some problems occur and it will decel below the previous trigger pressures "should be" rpms... SOMETIMES it does work properly. ALSO sometimes at full 4/4 pulled trigger down. the car will only make half its rpms... BUT! if i apply the seemingly 5/4! pressure to the throttle it will skyrocket its rpms to its limit.

I gave up at the end of the day. leaving my AWD kit and stg 2 motor in the skyline... I have no idea what it could be... again... the controller doesnt seem to have good throttle response. brand new batteries and from open throttle to gradual closing the throttle the car goes from low rps to a little higher, to a little higher, then to low, then if you pull the throttle really hard, BAM! HIGHEST rpms are finally released. I am going to link a video to show my problems. PLEASE HELP! ADVICE! ** VIDEO ABOVE**

Last edited by 91FCPleaseTII; 09-11-2010 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: Progressing In the Issues!
Old 09-09-2010, 05:05 AM
Du Ma Mai

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Songha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91FCPleaseTII View Post
Alright so the good news is... I GOT A NEW XMOD!!! woo woo! got a GT-r for 23bucks! brand new from a Radio Shack! the place had over 5 of em, and all the other street models too! had 1 AWD kit, and 1 Stg 2 motor upgrade as well!! I bought em all!

Good news,
-new car (gt-r) $22.97
-stage two on clearance $1.97!!!!!!!!
-AWD upgrade $13.97

Bad news,
Me n my friend both have 370's that are the same band (10) and are unable to drift together with out interferance... SOOOO I decided to make the GT-r my drifter, swappping over the Stage 2 and the AWD!

THE "PLEASE HELP ME!" part...

BUT!!! the GT-R brand new WONT EVEN GOO! holding the car upside down, or off a surface. closing the throttle fully will make the wheels make some pretty nice power. but as soon as the wheels hit the floor, or if the car tries to start from the floor. ITS A NO GO! takes ages for it to move anywhere andd when it picks up enough speed, it will kick in a little and pull away. The cars original motor had the same result, my stage 2 motor had the same result, afteer cleaning out everything and aligning everything the way it should be (or so I hope) still the same result!!!

VIDEO HERE-->
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

RC throttle problems as well.
-Rc controllers throttle response isnt very good. lighty tapped, throttle is nice and easy as it should be. about 1/4 way down, the rpms are on its way up as it should be, 2/4ths still climbing as it should be. 3/4ths is where some problems occur and it will decel below the previous trigger pressures "should be" rpms... SOMETIMES it does work properly. ALSO sometimes at full 4/4 pulled trigger down. the car will only make half its rpms... BUT! if i apply the seemingly 5/4! pressure to the throttle it will skyrocket its rpms to its limit.

I gave up at the end of the day. leaving my AWD kit and stg 2 motor in the skyline... I have no idea what it could be... again... the controller doesnt seem to have good throttle response. brand new batteries and from open throttle to gradual closing the throttle the car goes from low rps to a little higher, to a little higher, then to low, then if you pull the throttle really hard, BAM! HIGHEST rpms are finally released. I am going to link a video to show my problems. PLEASE HELP! ADVICE! ** VIDEO ABOVE**
Only thing I can think of is your batteries. Even if they're new, just try swapping to other new batteries. Someone else had the same problem and thought their batteries were good and apparently failed. If anything, you have the wrong driveshaft in there. GTR uses the longest awdshaft (LL) as print in the paper thing. If it's not that, something inside is keeping it from moving. Try checking the shaft, I have a feeling you put the middle on it.

Btw, LUCKY, I wish I found S2 motors for $2! I need it bad. And good luck on the GTR man.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Banned

I had a little better luck today, But still the car isnt working as it should. I was able to actually get some movement today, as well as some wheelspin ON flooor. But with a stage two it should be running at higher power. Also, I am starting to think its an electrical problem, due to the faulty throttle pressure to performance.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Check your connections.
Check for binding.
Batteries?
Shaft?
Dog-bones?
How tight are your lugs? Torqued on, or fingertight?

Tom.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Check your connections.
Check for binding.
Batteries?
Shaft?
Dog-bones?
How tight are your lugs? Torqued on, or fingertight?

Tom.
lol sorry to sound like a newb, but are the dog bones what connect the differnetial to the wheel its wheels and shaft and bindings?

batteries I already check. Lugs are finger tight if even that.
as far as connections, not really sure how to tinker with that kinda of stuff. :\
Old 09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

the stage 2 has less torque than the stage 1.
if your gearing is too tall, you'll lose a lot of acceleration, especially with the s2 and awd.
if your batteries are cheap junk, your car won't drive very well,
and if it's a radio problem, the only way to fix that is get a new radio.
you can get one at xmodsinternational. if it's a board problem, then the repair cost is significantly higher.

if you have the wrong spacer on your gearing, your motor will not be able to spin powerfully enough due to binding because the mesh could be too tight.
your driveshaft could be slightly too long as well.

make sure you check all the mechanical stuff before thinking about if it's electrical.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
the stage 2 has less torque than the stage 1.
if your gearing is too tall, you'll lose a lot of acceleration, especially with the s2 and awd.
if your batteries are cheap junk, your car won't drive very well,
and if it's a radio problem, the only way to fix that is get a new radio.
you can get one at xmodsinternational. if it's a board problem, then the repair cost is significantly higher.

if you have the wrong spacer on your gearing, your motor will not be able to spin powerfully enough due to binding because the mesh could be too tight.
your driveshaft could be slightly too long as well.

make sure you check all the mechanical stuff before thinking about if it's electrical.
Will do!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:56 AM
Banned

Hmmm, The problem might be fixed....

I changed everything back over to my 370 (AWD, STG2 motor)
and put stock everything back in the GT-r. Got home and placed some fully charged batteries in it. Seemed to run fine, aside from the the throttle control faults from the controller. But I am guessing I need stronger batteries to run the GT-r with the AWD and Stage 2 kit... ? whats the best rechargables to use?
Old 09-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Banned

I fixed the "getting the car to move" part. Its runs fine now. And It can drift alright too , thanks for the advice.

But there is still Two more problems that Persist!

One- That one wheel is still spinning freely more then the other 3, and It isnt giving off as much pull as the others.

Two- The throttle control still suckks, If i press the throttle trigger to the right and keep pressure in that direction; Then I can normally apply throttle at a normal rate and get perfect throttle response. soo I dunno if i should put a spacer in or what.