Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Freedom Provider

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via Yahoo to XmodzICON82

what mechanical pencils did you use for the mufflers.....
Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Its a G-force mechanical pencil...theres a tut floating around about the mod...
Old 06-04-2008, 05:29 PM

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Kaze

Update #10:

Ok!, So I know this has been dead for a little while and I appologize, Things took an unexpected turn and I had to pay attention to more important matters. Anyways! I present you guys with some progress and explanations on where i stand, Keep in mind this project's mostly done, anything addition is beyond what I was originally going for. So without further adieu, my current standing followed by a lil progress.

So most of you remember last time i was having some programs sanding the rear Top cover. In order to deal with the problems i was having I stripped off all the putty and started anew. The problem wasn't so much on puttying piece #1 (Refer to pics for piece locations), but the angle of piece #3 onto #2. I have an idea of how to go about this differently and it might work out better like this you know? Part #2 and #3 are on a hinge that will lift up and allow the top to collapse under it. Yes, that's right, I'm going for a collapseable top, it's doable so we'll see. Theres enough cloth for a mock up top too.

Using Index cards i created a mock up of the 3 Pieces remaining to be added to the body. Once these peices are done, the project is basically done to my original vision.

This wasn't the only thing I worked on this past week either. I was thinking of a nice set of shoes for the ride. So after some nice 5 hours out in the sun with Tamiya Spray Paint, I present you the Wheels being used on this car. Hopefully these fit the style and you guys won't think it's too ricey lol... Oh and incase you can't tell thats Gun Metal. The silver took an interesting effect being sprayed over the gun metal, it looks more of a platinum/powder metal look.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:46 PM
LM Graphics

Wow! You have some great plans for this, Kaze. If you can pull the collapsable top off, that'll be awesome.

Wheels look great, also. Keep it up, and good luck!

I will not be able to visit these forums very much anymore. If you need to contact me, please e-mail me at [email protected]. I will finish up all bodies I have and get them shipped to each of their owners. Thank you.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:46 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

nice to see you've started this one up again, i've been waiting to see the final product...
Old 06-04-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriganalRiD3R1967 View Post
nice to see you've started this one up again, i've been waiting to see the final product...
Lol yea, sorry man, school takes priority so I did what I have to, I woulda started sooner but there was so much to sort out. Hopefully I can repace myself again and not take too long. Though now i'm having 2nd feelings about the color you know?

Old 06-04-2008, 08:00 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

don't worry about, i'm in the same boat, + a sanded down a body in december, and i still have most of the body work left.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Stage 1 member

Send a message via MSN to CJModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Lol yea, sorry man, school takes priority so I did what I have to, I woulda started sooner but there was so much to sort out. Hopefully I can repace myself again and not take too long. Though now i'm having 2nd feelings about the color you know?
2nd feelings? What'd you have in mind? Because the candy red was so sweet!
Old 06-05-2008, 12:14 PM

I'm still planning on the candy Red, But there was this Tamiya Metalic Blue i bought that looks freaking amazing, that or silver. We'll see... either way i have to use Silver first you know?

Old 07-25-2008, 05:43 PM

Update #11:

Ok, so I know most of you weren't around when I started this project nearly a year ago. Of course those of you faithfull probably forgot about it seeing how the last time i mentioned it was in june and there wasn't much going on. However I've been working on this gradually and held back alot of info till i amounted a certain level of work on it. Here are some points i'd like to point out for this update:
-As it sits now the car is still incomplete, the same two areas remain in constant need of body work.
-Along with the collapseable cloth top,there is a partial interior planned for the car, this is later work however, and atm the dashboard is removed from the body and the top frame is complete.
-Yes the interior is JDM (meaning Right-Hand Drive)
-Chasis is a Gen 1, Motor is remaining as Team Redmade Standard, ESC is being planned as MiniZ and due to the restrictions from the dashboard, i'll be fitting a micro servo.
-Drivetrain will be RWD powered by Liths with a driveshaft removal mod.
-Candy red is the color and most of the small parts are done already, the hood is gonna get resprayed as its a darker shade and its orange peeled itself. The testors cans are really crapp imo but they're the only spray candy red i find. The cans have really low preassure, if I find tamiya candy red i might do that instead.... but we'll see, for now i'll stay the course.... anyways.... here's pics enjoy:

Here's the only pics of the Top Frame

You can see the space restriction the dashboard is giving for the servo and EP, i have it planned out though... so we'll see

I switched back to Gen 1, the mounting is so much easier interms of wheel location. plus they can turn in easily here.

I got tired of the primer color, it was making me sick, so i took it upto silver, you can still see the parts that are giving me and the putty grief.

Finally as it sits now;

Questions and comments always welcome.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Freedom Provider

that's pretty sick...i like the fact the you are putting in a cloth top that works....pretty sweet....
Old 07-25-2008, 06:05 PM

it's hard to work with... i can't mount it in just yet cause i need to have the body painted to superglue the posts in the pic above... it does fold though, I studied the real Z's top and made the frame accordingly to it.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Freedom Provider

im doing something similar to yours with one of my 350z's....im not even gonna try to make a working top like yours....im gonna just make it as if the top was down....but i like yours....
Old 07-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Elite member

the paint looks pretty good so far the wheels looks really good
Old 07-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

I'm not a huge fan of how it looks, but the amount of work you are putting into it is awesome. Especially making it have a working top, if you hook that thing up to a motorized system and make it run off of the controller or something I will kiss your feet, because that would be AWESOME.

Great work man, great work.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Elite member

Wow... Just... wow. I'm speechless. That is absolutely amazing! You need to finish it so I can gawk at its beauty!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
I'm not a huge fan of how it looks, but the amount of work you are putting into it is awesome. Especially making it have a working top, if you hook that thing up to a motorized system and make it run off of the controller or something I will kiss your feet, because that would be AWESOME.

Great work man, great work.
You mean you don't like 350Z's? or something else isn't to your liking? cause i meant it looks weird right now incomplete, but the whole car should be candy red with a black top, and thats still in the works.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Advance member

i really like all the detail man! keep it up!

this is what happens when you do drugs
Old 07-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
You mean you don't like 350Z's? or something else isn't to your liking? cause i meant it looks weird right now incomplete, but the whole car should be candy red with a black top, and thats still in the works.
I LOVE 350Z's, I just don't like the Veilside body kit for them.. too many lines and too much going on, takes away from the clean smoothness.

Major props for the work though, that has to be very tedious and time consuming, and you're doing a great job considering the scale these are.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

That's nuckin' futs.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Closed Thread