Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Nissan GT-R with total custom 4 cell chassis

This is my latest chassis design utilizing twin upper deck design utilizing my Xpro chassis system with a custom 4 cell 850mah AAA saddle pack. Circuit board is modified with upgraded fets and power switch bypass. Chassis is rear drive full ball bearings with a now discontinued PN Racing Macho modified motor. Front body mount for the GT-R body has been lowered by heating and melting plastic for a more realistic and visually appealing body height.
This battery configuration just fits in the space. It took me a while to figure this out. I even tried to use the stock battery box in some way, but it just wouldn't fit properly, and it just was unusable for this chassis design challenge. The cells are soldered together in series and then clear shrink wrapped and mounted underside the lower deck with servo tape. The cells are hidden from view yet maintain a low center of gravity. Being a hardwired pack of 4 cells there is little or no resistance loss that might be encountered with a battery box and now the pack is charged at 1 amp with a Super Brain 969 Charger for consistant peak fast charging . (This pack is similiar to a battery pack I used to market called "Race Spec" Nimh which used high rate discharge KAN 700MAH flat top AAA cells. I had discontinued this product once AAA lithium Ion cells appeared on the scene as well as properly sized flat lipos).
I am very happy with the overall result. This is a very fast 4 cell car. The motor was chosen more for it being in my spare parts bin, and if I had larger pinion gears, could easily gear it for more top end. I might try a PN Saber (another discontinued motor) if I can find it in my parts bins. Most of this car is spare parts...the circuit board has seen many hours of driving....mostly with lithium set ups and is still going strong with great range. I think it comes from a Scion. The wheels I think are Mustang?
The main benefits of this design is the unique layout of the chassis giving the Xmods a more realistic scale appearance with bodies mounted, interesting twin upper deck design for solid more twist resistant chassis, and multiple battery configurations such as lipo, lithium ion, or custom AAA saddle packs.

Last edited by Donziikid; 12-20-2008 at 10:39 PM..
Old 12-20-2008, 10:36 PM
SPR

that looks absolutly gorgeous. i demand videos lol
Old 12-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Stage 1 member

Thanks!
Gotta bribe my wife to do the video camera while I drive....That is why there are no videos!!!! I am lucky she tolerates the significant "garage time" never mind the odd package that arrives at the door step....just more stuff for the "business"...LOL
Old 12-20-2008, 11:06 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

firebird999 see, firebird999 claim to do, firebird999 instead play xbox, firebird999 forget to do, firebird999 remember in middle of night, firebird999 try to do, firebird999 fail to do, firebird999 ruin chassis, firebird999 get sad.

that's what would happen if i claimed i would do it, but i won't. nice car anyway, firebird999 demand videos.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

What, talking in 3rd person is the new style?

Anyway, the car looks amazing. Can you give us bigger pictures so we can see whats going on?
Old 12-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Elite member

looks really good man
Old 12-21-2008, 03:02 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

XMD thinks your chassis is great. much better than the other one in his opinion.
XMD's workin' on one that is supposed to be performance oriented instead of appearance. yours looks good, and probably drives well, but once he gets his chassis out (carbon fiber and adjustable), he don't care how bad his car looks as long as it beats any xmod 'round a track...maybe XMD'll lower his bodyshell a bit.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Stage 1 member

Thanks for the compliments. If you guys want to see bigger pictures go to www.diyminituner.blogspot.com
This project is my latest blog entry and the pictures can be clicked on for larger viewing.
Thanks!