Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2021, 02:56 AM

Trader Rating: (0)
Default the legend continues

hey guys just wanted to show you something that i managed to dig out of the parents basement, its my old cobra mustang body that was just sitting in a drawer for the last 10 years!
also have managed to snag a few more in the last week to end 2020 and start 2021 with a new old fashion way
so when i dug out the cobra the wing and mirrors were destroyed so luckily i also managed to score a stock body unpainted to match up parts that were broken or missing, thats why you see a red wing and mirrors on there now lol!
heres a few more bodies i grabbed up with a couple other cars that are being restored and updated but there are also a body i wont be running its that old cobra, best itll get is some love to bring it back to a nicer finish and then the new cobra will be painted in tribute to the old with some new taste.
last part i promise lol but ill also be editing a mini z dummy chasis heres the first version of the front mount for the xmod clip as the mini z one was way too high and start design on some parts to get me setup with the spare bodies.
tanks guys!

Old 01-03-2021, 05:32 AM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

That's a nice decade-old find to say the least? Any better teasers on where exactly you are going on paint?
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 01-03-2021, 04:21 PM

for the paint restore I plan to sand fill and clean up the fender flairs then with some very careful work I`ll be able to make it look like fender accents with some black to make the transition not so noticeable if I were to try to find a colour match for it. same with the wing and mirrors they will be done black to make the update work.

then for the new stang ill do something very similar but have diff tribal and maybe change the body lines up a tad...
who knows just yet but I also just traded off a r34 body for a full 65 stang roller with motor! so the collection continues!
I`m surprised the missus hasn`t killed me yet because of the whole rc room and now this but she seen the look on my face when I hauled that blue stang from the basement and I guess that was my saving grace lol
Old 01-03-2021, 04:23 PM

also alight kit went in the camaro this evening and im working on making up a running chassis for the rsx since the body that I had for that chassis was the r34 ;p
Old 01-07-2021, 08:56 AM

dont know how i did iit but i managed to snag up a roller for trade on the skyline body so i just gotta wait on electroniics to arrive then this little pony will roar again!

also got with the roller was a few resistors to do the tight turns mod to 2 other chassis! talk about lucky! so camaro and rsx now have tight turns mod done.