Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Electric
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 12:30 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude
Default Converting RC18 Parts for ProPulse use - MY FINDINGS

This is a list of the RC18T Parts I purchased for my ProPulse along with some comments on the parts....

Quote:
Part 1. 2x RC18T MIP Super Diff Differential Out Drives 18B 18MT

They seem to be to long for the gear box although this might just be because I can't get the MIP to lock correctly once I install the steel diff.

Part 2. 2x RC18T 18 Series Steel diff and input gear

I built up the diff with the ball bearings and washers then tried to fit it in the MIP but found that the stub on the one of the mip is bigger than the hole in the diff so it doesn't fit together properly.

The input gears do not mesh properly with the stock diff so can't be used.

Part 3. 1x RC18 series Delrin 56T spur gear

The stock spur gears have slots cut in them to hold the gear in place on the drive shaft, this doesn't.

Part 4. 2x Associated RC18T Front or Rear dogbones with springs

In a stock setup these dogbones are two short, the MIP's are slightly longer so they might work together but otherwise they aren't any use as they slip out.
These are my findings for these parts:

Quote:
Part 1. 2x RC18T MIP Super Diff Differential Out Drives 18B 18MT

I have had absolutely no luck with getting the MIPs and steel diffs to fit together properly, so I'm giving up and cutting my losses and selling the MIPs.

Part 2. 2x RC18T 18 Series Steel diff and input gear

The steels diffs need a minor bit of dremel work to make the hole slightly bigger and then they fit perfectly with the stock diffs.

The steel input gear fits tightly onto the CF drive shaft and meshes with the steel diff nicely.

Part 3. 1x RC18 series Delrin 56T spur gear

The dog bones are a little short but appear to fit, if the pegs are sanded ever so slightly they should fit just right into the diffs at the moment its a really tight fit.

Part 4. 2x Associated RC18T Front or Rear dogbones with springs

The main gear as I've found out needs the RC18T drive shaft this is the only way you can get it to work and apparently its a fairly big mod.... I have the CF drive shaft installed so won't be doing this mod, at the moment the main gear is my weak spot....
In terms of what I'm selling, well the MIPs are gone so at the moment its just the main gear....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 04-19-2009, 01:55 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
Additionally the RC18T dog bones do not work up front... they are to short and pop out when you steer....
1 set is up for sale still.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 04-20-2009, 02:50 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

OK - I decided to take another stab at the Super MIPs... they are a rock solid piece and I really wanted them in my drive train setup...

My results so far are good.... they are a pain in the balls but without any modification to the ProPulse chassis or the part itself I have been able to get them to fit....

You have to shimmy them into place but when the snap in they snap in... the snap was so loud I thought I'd crack something so I took the part out check and all was good, its just every so slightly to wide but without destroying the thrust plates as I did on my first attempt they can be made to fit.

I'm waiting on my replacement front diff to arrive in the mail so I can rebuild that and then most of the parts I purchased will have been used....

One word of warning, the RC18T dog bones are still a little short, in fact they fit best with the stock diff cases, I haven't been able to seriously run my car with the Super MIPs to see if they fall out, so far they seem good but long term I don't know.....