Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > Mini & Micro Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Default Project Street Supremacy

Idea is to use a street 90mm body like FD, 86, maybe FC, maybe S2000 and create a sleeper to stand up to the 94-98 supercars. This may be more than I can handle at my current level, but at least I'll have a goal to work towards in my racing career.

So my choice is MR15 due to handling difficulty and extra setup required to battle body roll to force myself to learn everything there is about Z tuning and driving.

After thoroughly abusing stock mounts, I realized that the DDS was my absolutely #1 step, so I got PN LCG MM mount and their MM DDS. That setup worked extremely well, so I decided to apply it to RM. Via EMU's(MZR board) advice I got Atomic 90mm RM DPS mount and RM DPS Conversion set to adapt my $20 PN system to new config. It worked out well considering I had to tinker with it a little bit.

Next was trying out -1 rears to squeeze them inside the narrow bodies I plan to use and that worked out perfectly as well.

So here's where my 15 stands right now:

Old 01-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

cold, nobody commented.. i think it looks good. i don't have a mini-z so i wouldn't know how good it looks but i realy like the body. it fits perfect too.

PROJECT DRIFTER:
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16043
Old 01-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Modifier

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

Wouldn't either until I run HFAY S7 Race 1 and then a faster "any spec" on sunday

The DDS Midship worked like a charm, so this will have more roll until I smooth out the settings.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

nice sounds like this is going to be your new favorite car.
i think you should hook it up with lithium ion batts. and other absolutely nessicary upgrades for your new ( im guessing) favorite car

PROJECT DRIFTER:
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16043
Old 01-31-2009, 12:44 AM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

lithium is asking too much. it slowly deteriorates mini-z boards because of the voltage
get gome nice orions and that's got you covered in the battery dept.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:01 AM
Modifier

Been on Ori's for a month now, so yea, I'm covered as far as fuel goes. New "hybrid" 800mah Duracells are almost as good too IMO and they pretty much dont discharge within my race intervals(week maybe 2) unlike Ori's.

As far as Liths, its good to know that they are indeed bad in a long run. Also, I didn't get a Z to just make it a rocket on wheels lol, thats for xmods or even nothing.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Modifier

Update: took care of the rolling by adding lead tape to the belly starting from the knuckles and going down until on/off switch. I believe the piece weighs 2.5g and 1 is enough to keep it planted with stock/hfay motor and a 9T pinion. Total weight with 86 body is 175g. Adding 2 more sheets can handle the Speedy 07/X Speed, but total weight of 180g seems to produce similar results to the hfay motor. Conclusion for 2 wide-L track- 175g with hfay motor. I get about 45-50 laps in 5 minutes this way.

I may consider some weight reduction to attempt to recreate 86's lightweight advantage or leave it as is and polish my driving further.

I'll post pix of my junker gettup later today and may further the look as time goes by. I though of adding weathering, but given paint trading it should receive enough within the next few weekends without my time and effort. I'll also thin down my panel lines since I did super-quick, super-thick ones on this guy.