Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Questions / Suggestions / Complaints / Comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 02-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (3)
Default Custom fabrication anyone?

Hello guys, it's been a while since i've posted but i've never actually left this place!

So what I've been thinking about is like some kind of competition to anyone who's into hacking all their xmods parts and do crazy stuff with things that aren't ment to be so. That way, it'll be innovative and it might even give a boost for the xmod community and give new tips as to what to do to improve what !

For example, let say we do this each month or two, and each time we decide of an aspect we'd like to improve/change such as the center of gravity for instance.
Someone might come up with custom chassis that relocate the motor and/or the batteries.
Or like fixing up a new steering linkage, servo swap, a new xmod crawler innovation.

All i'm saying is that we should all try to do something more original than just getting GPM parts, liths, a better motor and shinny paintjob.

Or we could do like a "mystery box" comp like all those cooking show on tv! We would need a team of members that would decide on what to have in the box(styrene sheets, brass tube, paper clips, plastic bottle, anything! it doesn't even need to be expensive or anything! Decide on a theme (crawler, drifter, trackracer, speed record), and it goes on.

And if it all works well, XMS we'll be the first xmod forum (that i know of) to be doing this kind of competitions. And if it dies after a several months, well then we would have atleast tried to do something...

So what do you guys think? Any suggestions? comments? bashing?
Old 02-17-2011, 12:03 AM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

mysterybox sounds good. what about have parts in there that must be custom fabbed, and each box is numbered and have a different assortment of fabbing materials in it, and each member that wants to compete signs up and all the boxes are sent out at once with a random numbered box assigned to each competitor.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Not bad, not bad. Reminds me of something my AP art teacher in HS made us do. This would be a really cool idea and could definitely be pulled off, even if we(i.e. the guys on the forum) couldn't get the materials and send them out to people we could set up a "restriction", as in say you can only use such and such materials and parts and just make sure that everybody who is entered takes lots and lots of pictures to prove that they didn't cheat or use materials not allowed.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

i'd be all for it, sounds fun to me as long as we can use superglue, my favorite substance on earth xD

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 02-18-2011, 12:59 AM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

na materials are allowed, just require at least 50-60% usage of the material provided.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Civic lover

Trader Rating: (0)

good idea but not many new people will give there address for it tho.