Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > General Mini & Micro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-14-2008, 10:11 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

They certainly do look amazing, Color! Awesome job from start to finish!

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 12-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

amazing .. this is all your design?

ive been checking that site for awhile now but they never have any rtr mr-02s in stock ..
Old 12-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

Great chassis, but holy * does it cost.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:58 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

holey carap!
i need to get working...lol
i'm xmods strictly cause i'm poor, but if i had enough money...
the chassis looks great. and i'm loving that shell (though its got too many fins for my taste)
179g is really light...
i can't wait to see that thing run. it'll be a beast!lol
Old 12-15-2008, 02:17 AM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

If you're poor, then pour your $ into 1 golden car instead of several rusty buckets :P
Old 12-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to torredo

couldnt have said that any better myself^^
for real, if a guy wants a true racer then pull the wallet out and start diggin'

MRCG is on my list of goodies for the MR02 but itll still be awhile yet seeing as i just bought a winter beater for 1000.00. lol

AIM: SavageW26
Old 12-15-2008, 03:16 PM
drifter and engineer

well, i'm not even pouring money into my xmod. i only spent about 75 bucks on mine
and i can't make big purchases. and i can't save the money cuz my parents won't let me save it up for something big.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (6)

I'm planning on buying one soon, maybe after christmas. Would those aluminum pieces by on it?

Old 12-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Haha, thanks for all the comments guys.

Money-wise, my car is indeed more expensive than an Xmod, but once you get into competitive Z racing, the cost difference becomes relatively small. In fact, you could put together a competitive MRCG for less that what it would take to build a competitive Mini-Z AWD -- and on most RCP tracks the MRCG would be faster.

The whole thing from start to finish was my design, and for most of the project duration I was CNC machining my own parts. Just that now I'm trying to sell these things and introduce them to the market, so I enlisted the aid of Exotek Racing and PN Racing for the production kits.

And yes, these aluminum parts are going to be on the production cars. I tested them a bit today, they stiffen up the car's structure a bit compared to my prototype parts. Extremely crisp handling; I can't wait to go racing again!

Last edited by color0; 12-15-2008 at 11:38 PM..
Old 12-15-2008, 11:35 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

amazing chassis, way to may an idea into a reality i am jealous, wish i had the ching to shell out for one of these babies...

Team X.I.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:24 AM
drifter and engineer

any way, would you like to give me a few calculations/tips for my development project for another xmod chassis?
Old 12-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Elite member

I have no idea wtf you're doing, lol... what kind of advice should I offer other than to measure carefully?

Conducted some proper testing today. First thing to do was to finish replacing my old prototype parts with production aluminum ones. These rear pod bulkheads go together with Atomic's ride height adjusters (included in every kit).

Looks much more professional now, if not for the treaded rubber tires you could almost mistake this for a 12th-scale pan car.

The best part is that the new additions really improved the feel of the car! Thanks to the new 350Z shell there's a bit more weight in the rear end and very good traction (despite near-freezing temperatures at the track). Plus, the stiffness of all the aluminum parts (vs. my Delrin prototypes) makes the entire car feel more buttoned-down and responsive. Almost too responsive, actually -- I was turning in too early for the first 10 laps!

Once I got the hang of it I put down some pretty fast laps. I had turned down my throttle settings for practice so I got easily smoked on the straights, but I was definitely the 1st or 2nd fastest car in the infield, technical section.

Inside Line Racing's current layout is actually very good for the MRCG. The car handles transitions/chicanes extraordinarily well, and the current layout has 3 sets of those in succession. I still can't get over how smoothly and quickly it can get through the chicanes, it puts a nice little grin on my face every time. That means I'm smiling 3 times a lap, for nearly 50 laps per pack.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:31 PM
washed-up, retired, cool.

Looks amazing, Color. I'm glad to see this all come through.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 PM
drifter and engineer

it all just looks so coordinated.
how about posting up batt-pack tutorials?

anyways, i'ma gonna try to design an xmod pan-car chassis that uses the stock rear gearbox and some custom stuff up front. i'll beed a few pointers though.
that' what i was asking.

Last edited by XMDrifter; 12-17-2008 at 09:17 PM..
Old 12-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Elite member

MK2kompressor has a nice battery pack tutorial written up on our GSR homepage. It's long, so go find it yourself.

---------------------------------

Went testing again with two changes to the car, an anti-roll bar in front and properly mounted rear tires. I was definitely going faster than yesterday, there was just so much steering and corner speed I almost couldn't help but push the car to see how much more it could give.

Eventually, my rear tires wore out so I started to spin and slide in the high speed sections, so I changed out for some updated tires which gave me too much grip and ruined my sweet setup, lol. I'm going to have to play some more with my suspension to take care of this issue. That and now I need new front tires.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Xmod Expert

****it color0, i gotta get this thing soon!! makes me completely forget about xmods when i see a product like your MRCG man.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:25 AM
drifter and engineer

you run through tires fast...
lol i wish xmods could even run through tires.lol
i saw the tut.
i guess i'll be maing my own tut when i get my xmod chassis back from fiberworkz
Old 12-18-2008, 01:58 AM
Elite member

They're in stock and shipping, Torr, why not get yourself a nice Christmas present?

I usually try to look for tires that won't run down in a day or two, but 1) I'm using a 31t handwound on a very tight, fast track and 2) Kyosho 20deg radials are just too good not to use. I'm using PN 6deg treaded tires now but they have too much grip, so I will have to turn them into slicks before the big race on Saturday.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:04 AM
Xmod Expert

believe me when i say this color0......
if i didnt just have to buy a winter car i would have opted for this MRCG bro'.
im out 1200.00 now after the car, plate fees, registration fees, and a few parts to get it goin for thw winter.

Hmmmmmmm?

Old 12-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by color0 View Post
Greek- The preorder is TinyRC exclusive. After that, if everything goes as planned, it will be global, but a little bit more expensive. So this preorder is your single chance to get the best possible deal on an MRCG.

Sweed- You have three days left to use that $20 coupon code and get a car for $109.99.

I've seen both TGR cars (Sinister and S2) in person and I'm confident that the MRCG can outperform them both. I believe my car should be easier to tune as well, and besides, being able to run both 98MM and 94MM Autoscale bodies without visible modification is going to be a big factor for more casual customers.

Anyways, thanks for the comments everyone! Although I would really be happiest if you guys would help me out and preorder an MRCG each.
Let me start off by saying, I really love this product and think that it is just amazing. Also I am no stranger to manufacturing costs (unless you make a large quantity run, it can kill you. Because your product will cost alot more then its target consumors are willing to pay) I believe this is the case with this product. Keep in mind you get only the chassis for 129$ (109$) everything you see in the photos is not included. In fact most everything you need to buy to get what is in the picture will cost you another 100$ +. Carbon Fiber and cutting is very expensive, and again without really making a leep and having hundreds made at once it will be to expensive. Consider a top rated Mini-Z RTR (with everything even a transmitter) is only just above this cost (and you said the price will go up ???)
Okay I really want one of these (and you could sell alot I believe with a MUCH smaller cost) But 129$ is rediculous unless maybe everything in the picture was included even batterries.

***PS. you told sweed he had 2 days left to get a CAR.. ??? I thought it was a chassis.

***PSS. If I am off base or incorrect on what the product includes I will gladly edit this post. And I am just making an assesment and have no problems with color0. Nice looking chassis, good work (I saw this chassis and wanted one, then was shocked at the price)

Last edited by TripleXmodder(akaXXX); 12-18-2008 at 06:21 PM..