Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckerz View Post
well its the stock one that came with it (has been upgraded to the latest reciver box) its a Ace tr 202a

Yeah it should, but again it won't do anything without an ESC.

heres the Losi one, and heres the 1/36 brushless motor, and heres the combo.

http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/L...SC__14039.aspx

http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/L...or__14040.aspx

http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/L...bo__14042.aspx
Old 12-27-2008, 10:38 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

>.< you don't seem to be learning much
and there's no such thing as an external turbo with hobby grade electronics.

3 pin is the most used so it's easier to get the parts.
just go with what 3X is saying.

honestly, i wouldn't go brushless because it's just too much at this scale.

but yeah. Receiver is linked to the ESC and the servo. the esc is linked to the battery, not the RX (as the receivers are called. transmitters are called the TX) as in a nitro car, the engine doesnt use batteries, but the receiver needs power so in nitro, the receiver is connected to the battery pack.

anyways. you need: a good receiver, a good micro esc (any esc won't do. you have to get a brushless one if you want to run brushless, and a non-brushless one if you want to run brushed motors), and a micro servo.
you also need the TX that goes with your RX.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

even in a 1/18th scale brushless is pretty stupidly fast, like i know even me with 3 years of time with these and other rcs like hpi savages and rc 18s, along side tamya wild daggers, that a bl system will be way too much power for such a small vehicle to handle, like it will have too much power for even and expeirienced rc guru to handle itll want to spin too much if you have 2wd and if you have 4wd itll be better but now your snaping almost every driveline part, next IF you dont snap driveline parts, your gonna need to get it to the ground, stock xmod tires will just blow off, and mini z rims and tires would be a good solution, but ok so now your getting the most of power to the ground and its going fast but now how are you gonna make it turn with out just pushing strait because of the all power? well you could add weight to the front end to try and get it to bite but now your cg is way up and its gonna wanna flip, so you put wider tires on it and it make it so it doesnt wanna flip AS much but still does, and when it does it breaks a bunch of your stock plasic parts like all your arms and possibly your decks and chassis, so you upgrade to aluminum and now its even heavier but stonger for your roll overs and when you hit a wall when it loses all control because the front tires are off the ground because of the fact that its bl, itll be more money to get new aluminum parts, so now you have it handleing like a brick basicly, unless you slow down alot it wont turn without flipping, so in essence what have you got your self with? a 400+ dollor micro rc muscle car, that you cant race because as soon as you get to the corners itll flip so everyone passes you in the corners, so now your last and ****ed off because your car is getting whipped but a a car with only 80 bucks it it and its better because its got a simple better engine in it and some decent tires, and im not trying to be an *** about this but in all honestly you dont need alot of goodies like brushless motors to go fast and be competitive at the local carpet racing! if you decide to keep going on this project just remeber this when it doesnt handle at all i wont say i told you so. again not trying to be an *** just stating the facts and that i dont liek people spending money they dont need to and not being happy with it because then all of us sit here on our computers and think ok wow well atleast we now know not to do that, and its kinda sad to see people spend their money like this and waste it because i know if it turns out the way im PRETTY SURE it will i know i wouldnt be every happy with it, and i dought you will, also im welcome to corections because that way i learn! PLEASE ANYONE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG ANYWHERE ABOVE!!! well theres mu 2 cents hope it wont offend and that isnt the purpose of it!

Last edited by stang_racer; 12-28-2008 at 12:41 AM..
Old 12-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_racer View Post
even in a 1/18th scale brushless is pretty stupidly fast, like i know even me with 3 years of time with these and other rcs like hpi savages and rc 18s, along side tamya wild daggers, that a bl system will be way too much power for such a small vehicle to handle, like it will have too much power for even and expeirienced rc guru to handle itll want to spin too much if you have 2wd and if you have 4wd itll be better but now your snaping almost every driveline part, next IF you dont snap driveline parts, your gonna need to get it to the ground, stock xmod tires will just blow off, and mini z rims and tires would be a good solution, but ok so now your getting the most of power to the ground and its going fast but now how are you gonna make it turn with out just pushing strait because of the all power? well you could add weight to the front end to try and get it to bite but now your cg is way up and its gonna wanna flip, so you put wider tires on it and it make it so it doesnt wanna flip AS much but still does, and when it does it breaks a bunch of your stock plasic parts like all your arms and possibly your decks and chassis, so you upgrade to aluminum and now its even heavier but stonger for your roll overs and when you hit a wall when it loses all control because the front tires are off the ground because of the fact that its bl, itll be more money to get new aluminum parts, so now you have it handleing like a brick basicly, unless you slow down alot it wont turn without flipping, so in essence what have you got your self with? a 400+ dollor micro rc muscle car, that you cant race because as soon as you get to the corners itll flip so everyone passes you in the corners, so now your last and ****ed off because your car is getting whipped but a a car with only 80 bucks it it and its better because its got a simple better engine in it and some decent tires, and im not trying to be an *** about this but in all honestly you dont need alot of goodies like brushless motors to go fast and be competitive at the local carpet racing! if you decide to keep going on this project just remeber this when it doesnt handle at all i wont say i told you so. again not trying to be an *** just stating the facts and that i dont liek people spending money they dont need to and not being happy with it because then all of us sit here on our computers and think ok wow well atleast we now know not to do that, and its kinda sad to see people spend their money like this and waste it because i know if it turns out the way im PRETTY SURE it will i know i wouldnt be every happy with it, and i dought you will, also im welcome to corections because that way i learn! PLEASE ANYONE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG ANYWHERE ABOVE!!! well theres mu 2 cents hope it wont offend and that isnt the purpose of it!
Exactly right. Thats why I reccommended against it. Im doing a dragcar Xmod with brushless, but it can only drag straight line on a tight track and needs to sit on the fan after a few seconds. (but thats what Im building it for. (my thread: XXX Project "Make your guesses")
Old 12-28-2008, 01:27 AM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

circuit racers just need something like a mini-z board, bearings, some decent adjustments and tires...and that's it.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

in my experiance with nitro buggy racing, the standard servo type is a 3 pin servo. i have never seen a 4 pin before. i think when you say nitro box, you mean reciver. that is what everything electronicwise on the car connects to, which would be the steering servo, and the electronic speed controller. that batteris connect to the electronic speed controller, unlike in nitro, how you would need a reciever pack. you dont need to plug a battery pack to th reiciver on electric cars, so you should leave the power slot open. it is not used. the esc should have 3 sets of wires. the three pin plug like the servo wire should be connected to the reciver. then, there should be 2 sets of wires left. one set goes to the motor, the other goes to the battery. you need a special brushless esc to use a brushles motor. hope that helped.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

just to try and help out these are the components you will need
..........motor
reciever servo
........ESC

the reciever is a 2.4ghz and as you will see they dont use crystals

XMS and XMF february COTM winner