Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2009, 10:58 PM
is awesome

Trader Rating: (5)
Default I need to vent

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but i had to vent. Today my friends came from my home town to my dads house and we hung out and compared cars. He has a dodge stealth and i have a 67 camaro so of coarse we were saying which one is faster. So then they left i went to work on my car and i get this call not 30 minutes later that say they got pulled over going 120 beating some mustang. So my first though was im never street racing again and my second thought is how i should deal with this i mean he is my friend should i yell at him what. Sorry for coming to you guys about this but its not like i can tell my parents.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Uhm, it's his own damn fault he got pulled over... Shoulda gone faster!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Back from the bodyshop

Trader Rating: (1)

It's true when you see the red and blue lights you go faster and take the back roads through the neighborhood and shut the car off in an open garage . But I heard from my friends that here pretty soon if you get caught streetracing they take you directly to jail and auction off your car and the proceeds go to the police dept. Honestly I wouldn't yell at him since it was his own fault most teenagers race quite often just don't get pulled over. I have raced like 5 of my friends and have never got pulled over for racing. But I can happily say i'm 5-0 right now.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|

Last edited by supraboi97; 07-30-2009 at 01:13 AM..
Old 07-30-2009, 01:18 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

That Impound law is only in California. I remember when they did that a few years ago. Stacks of crushed Civics and Integras..

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 07-30-2009, 01:20 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)

you need to yell at him and tell him how stupid he is. I was in a wreck doin the same thing and didn't learn my lesson. Now, a week ago my ex girlfriend dies in a car accident. They flipped over because the driver she was with was goin too fast and they hit a bump. She was ejected. He may hate you and you might not sound "cool" but you need to yell at him, anything that happens after that is not as bad as losing your friend forever and knowing you could have said something to stop it.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:51 AM
is awesome

I know it his own danm falt but he is my friend. I mean me and him have gone 140 in his stealth and it was a blast idk why he got caught this time. Im just glad i wasnt in the car. I yelled at him a bit but i really don thave any room to talk because i got out racing with him all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
That Impound law is only in California. I remember when they did that a few years ago. Stacks of crushed Civics and Integras..
at lwast there crushing cars that need to be crushed jk jk

Last edited by 2jack3jack; 07-30-2009 at 01:57 AM..
Old 07-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Proud Supra owner!

Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via AIM to WhiteMKIV Send a message via MSN to WhiteMKIV Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteMKIV

LOL I have a freind who does the same thing. This kid is only 17 and had a Prelude, NSX, is300 ltuned, 1999 corvette C5,and a 1990? Corvette greenwood edition..but anyways, I have a buddy that has a BPU TT supra pushing about 18psi on stock turbo's while having other misc mods on it...Well my freinds C5 vette is stock, We were all at a meet when they were talking and the kid with the vette was braggin about hot much his car comes with stock and yadi yada blah.....Not to long before that...he brought the nsx to the meet and talked crap about a TT 300zx boy did that zx walk that nsx....there might be a vid on youtube....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
that wasnt exactly a good first post....

but im flattered my tool box turns you on
Old 07-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to greenday Send a message via Yahoo to greenday

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraboi97 View Post
It's true when you see the red and blue lights you go faster and take the back roads through the neighborhood and shut the car off in an open garage . But I heard from my friends that here pretty soon if you get caught streetracing they take you directly to jail and auction off your car and the proceeds go to the police dept. Honestly I wouldn't yell at him since it was his own fault most teenagers race quite often just don't get pulled over. I have raced like 5 of my friends and have never got pulled over for racing. But I can happily say i'm 5-0 right now.
You gotta watch though, sometimes if the cops know where you live (like if you've done that a bunch of times) they'll just go straight to your house and wait.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:20 AM
is awesome

Ya its not worth the ticker
Old 07-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Volvo Enthusiast

Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via Yahoo to greekone

You had to "vent" about this? Wow, you're friend is an idiot and he shouldn't be allowed to drive. This is the kind of person that gives all teen drivers bad reps.

Last edited by greekone; 07-30-2009 at 11:07 AM..
Old 07-30-2009, 11:10 AM
is awesome

i was manly asking about what i should do
Old 07-30-2009, 11:48 AM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

if your a REAL friend then you should tell his parents. whats better
1. lying and keep lying til they find out or the cops tell them? or
2. tell them the truth, take the punishment like a man and have his parents AND your parents trust you more as being a good friend/son?

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 07-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I got nothin...

How old is he?

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 07-30-2009, 02:43 PM

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ

Street racing is downright stupid. There are very few things more idiotic to do in a car than to recklessly/carelessly drive your car in an attempt to prove that you are more "manly" or "better" or "faster". In the event that something goes wrong, most people, experienced driver or not, do not know how to handle a car that is going out of control at high speeds. You risk not only killing yourself, but other motorists and pedestrians as well.

Trust me, I know how much of a thrill it is, but it's not worth the risk. I've had a really close call that could have killed me, but I was lucky. Tell your friend to pull his head out of his a** and to start driving like a real man; with courtesy and with self control. If you want to race, take it to the track, where there is proper safety equipment, training, and staff who can help you drive to your limits without crossing them.

There is no good excuse.

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD
Old 07-30-2009, 03:14 PM
I got nothin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EDJ View Post
Street racing is downright stupid. There are very few things more idiotic to do in a car than to recklessly/carelessly drive your car in an attempt to prove that you are more "manly" or "better" or "faster". In the event that something goes wrong, most people, experienced driver or not, do not know how to handle a car that is going out of control at high speeds. You risk not only killing yourself, but other motorists and pedestrians as well.

Trust me, I know how much of a thrill it is, but it's not worth the risk. I've had a really close call that could have killed me, but I was lucky. Tell your friend to pull his head out of his a** and to start driving like a real man; with courtesy and with self control. If you want to race, take it to the track, where there is proper safety equipment, training, and staff who can help you drive to your limits without crossing them.

There is no good excuse.
you sir are my hero. These exact words were said to me after my stupid incedent and since I have tried to be good. There is a time and a place for speed. Passing granny on the freeway, yes. Any road under three lanes with a speed limit below 70, no.

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 07-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Seriously?

Trader Rating: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
That impound law is technically designed to bust drunk drivers and for people who drive without insurance. Impounding cars from people who are just dragging is ok, I think a simple ticket works but it depends on the cops, county and city your in

Shame though for those who can't pay the impound fee's and they get crushed, unless they are unable to sell them at auction.

Current cars: (in storage, erm 'in the garage')
Acura NSX
Acura RSX (Black)
Evo Lancer VIII

Evo 05' Mustang
Mustang Cobra SVT
Toyota Supra (Silver)

Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza STI
Nissan GT-R
Dodge Challenger
Old 07-30-2009, 04:00 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraboi97 View Post
It's true when you see the red and blue lights you go faster and take the back roads through the neighborhood and shut the car off in an open garage .

I have raced like 5 of my friends and have never got pulled over for racing. But I can happily say i'm 5-0 right now.

i realise that you're joking but just look at firebird999 for proof of what can happen if you run from the police.

IMO,if you run from the police or are caught illegally street racing then it should be an automatic attempted murder charge even if your miles into the desert without a living soul for a hundred miles.

firebird isn't exactly my BFF by any means but i feel for the kid because he was doing nothing but minding his own buisness and now his and the lives of everyone involved are changed forever over some tool who wanted to ditch a speeding ticket.

it happens multiple times a day all over the world.
maybe the death penalty will deter people from racing illegally or running from the police.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:36 PM
is awesome

He got his stealth tooken away for awhile. Me and him are 16
Old 07-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EDJ View Post

There is no good excuse.

+1000000000

theres plenty of chances to push your car to the limit at tracks, over at lainer national speedway you can race with your friends in your own cars for free almost every saturday night. and the road course across the road offers full day of racing you friends during the week $75 per person. as long as theres no famous driver there or events going on.

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 07-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Seriously?

Trader Rating: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jack3jack View Post
He got his stealth tooken away for awhile. Me and him are 16
Ouch for him. I think the only way he may get it back is if a parent or guardian goes with him to the impound lot and pay the fess, and hopefully his tags aren't out of date or they won't release.

Obviously there's a lesson learned for all here

Current cars: (in storage, erm 'in the garage')
Acura NSX
Acura RSX (Black)
Evo Lancer VIII

Evo 05' Mustang
Mustang Cobra SVT
Toyota Supra (Silver)

Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza STI
Nissan GT-R
Dodge Challenger