Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > General 1/10 scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default First non toy 1/10 scale RC

Always wanted a Clodbuster right from the day they first came out. Two months ago I almost bought one. Then I found the Redcat Racing Ground Pounder. Lots of negative comments about Redcat Racing products but since the truck itself was designed and tested by crawfordperformanceengineering.com it was deemed a good truck. Did some more research and found everyone who owned one loved it. Much like the Clodbuster was built to mimic a real world monster truck of the day the Ground Pounder was designed to mimic today's monster trucks. Received mine the other day and so far love it!

Old 12-11-2010, 04:13 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

I was looking at the Ground Pounder myself, but was put of by all the reviews of Redcat Racing, glad to see someone bought one and are happy with it!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 12-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to greenday Send a message via Yahoo to greenday

Redcats don't scare me because they do at least have good parts availability, at one point I was determined to buy a Shockwave buggy. (Plus RCU has reviewed several of their products and gave them good marks.) I was escpecially interested in the Ground Pounder, but a few things turned me off:

The video that they had up made it look slow and bouncy.

The price! Why is it so steep?

The chassis is also tall?

Perhaps my concerns are petty, but I would definitely like to see more of this truck as it looks quite promising.

Definitely try and post videos/pics/whatever if you get the chance, cause I hate when there are no other user reviews/vids other than the manufacturers or someone who works for RedCat..alishanmao, lol!
Old 12-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Stage 1 member

Have not been able to get outside with it yet as we have been getting snow the last few days. Claimed speed is 20mph. It is bouncy but that can be helped according to one guy who has modded his GP by drilling out the hole in the shocks and changing the oil to a lower viscosity. As far as the price it is not bad when compared to the ClodBuster. $249 for a GP whereas a Clod is going to run you $300 for the truck and then another $100+ for radio and servos. I don't think the price is too bad for a 4WD, 4WS monster truck that is RTR. There are several locations to mount the shocks and linkbars that will lower the chassis.

Crawford Performance Engineering designed the Ground Pounder for the person who wants to get into monster trucks and be able to make them better as they grow without spending a fortune.

I just want a truck that I can bomb around the backyard with, not overly concerned with speed but then again I have not had a chance to really run it at full speed. I have read where people have put brushless motors in with lipos and got a good boost in speed. Although this also requires upgrading the drive train.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky7 View Post
Have not been able to get outside with it yet as we have been getting snow the last few days.
aww come on! thats the best time to drive it! afraid of a little mud on you big monster truck? LOL

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 12-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to greenday Send a message via Yahoo to greenday

Oh so it has 4ws factory? neat!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Stage 1 member

More worried the cold temperatures here will cause a failure.

The 4WS is cool as it uses a 3rd channel to change between four modes on the fly. Front steer, Crab steer, 4WS, and Rear steer.