Go Back   XmodSource.com > Competitions > XMS Competitions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2014, 12:46 PM
XMS moderator

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to tayyab
Default TIM's Build '14-'15

Been a while since I've really devoted any time to my xmods. Super psyched for this little build-off/reunion.

For this build, I'll be finishing up my old '64 Chevy Impala Lowrider I started back in '09. 5 years ago. lol.
Some may remember it, others may not. A quick review of how this project progresssd.
Kit:

Started as a normal body conversion,

Converted the Model rims using foamies.

Quickly realised I wouldn't be left with any room for interior

So I decided to use a different setup and a Custom extended Stilleto chassis

That's pretty much where I left off minus some misc painting and kit building. Nothing special.

And now 5 years later, this is what I've got ATM:

Decided to ditch the stilleto and use as much of the kit as I can. Used a Hi-Tech servo case to mount the rear evo assembly. Cut up a Gen.1 deck to use on the front.

Still got a long way to go. But it's a start.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:04 PM
XMS moderator

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to tayyab

Got a lot of work done. Overcame a lot of obstacles too.

Realised that with the gen.1 front end I wouldn't be able to get and of the engine in..

Ditched that idea too..
Grabbed an old credit card, traced the gen.1 front end and cut it out. I realised I wouldn't need the front suspension or the shock towers etc. all I really need is the knuckles mounted somehow. I found some miniz AWD alloy knuckles lying around. Going to use those so I can simply incorporate the suspension on the knuckles like the miniz. Saves me a LOT of space.

Cut up the trunk and extended it with some more servo cases. Lol.
White outline is the original size.

Where it will be now.

Also had to sand off the bottom. To make it flush with the extension :sad:

Perfect fit.

I should be able to come up with a suitable steering setup tonight. Also, the credit card isn't permanent. Lol. Just to see if this kinda setup will work.
For electronics I'm gonna use a miniz board(smallest board I have. Lol), servo can either be a hi-tec 55 or a microT servo. Anybody have any suggestions on that?

Also, I need to a battery source for this thing. Anybody have any suggestions? a spare set of lipos/ AAA- liths they can donate? Lol

Because of the Peshawar attack, schools are closed. So should be working on this day n' night.