Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2020, 09:14 PM

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Returning to the scene with a few new tricks

Hey guys!
It’s been a long long time since I’ve used a message board led alone this gem
So here goes!
Picked up a Honda Civic at the thrift store for 5$ yes you heard that right 5$!

Could you believe it the first one I ever owned when they came out with was a civic and well other then the colour not being the same as my first I couldn’t complain for the price seeing these things go for quite a bit online and I’m super glad to see that there is still somewhat of a niche for them.
Any who the pics will do most of the explaining in the link I’ll share because photobucket is being lame tonight and I just don’t want to deal with it.

So the car has had a servo and esc replacement as wel as running dual 2s 450mah lipos on a flysky receiver.

Thanks to the admin of the website for keeping this page still open for the public or otherwise a ton of knowledge would be lost like some of the other pages that I’ve recently went searching for to spruce up on my know how.
Also if there’s any one into 3d modeling that had posted up xmod designs to thingiverse I thank you as well because you’ve also helped spur my want to get these little beauties running better then they ever did.
Here’s a link to my post with pics
https://www.facebook.com/594340461/p...416045462/?d=n
Old 12-11-2020, 04:48 AM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Welcome aboard! There are barely any of us left, but at least the site is up and running indeed!
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 12-11-2020, 09:24 AM

why not post back up on fb that the page is still somewhat alive
it would be good to see message boards make a come back but the photo upload gotta be easier photobucket got filled in2 min from my rc stuff lol!
about to make the first video of the 2s xmod express on the floor the once so stay tuned!
Old 12-11-2020, 06:56 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinjanes42 View Post
why not post back up on fb that the page is still somewhat alive
it would be good to see message boards make a come back but the photo upload gotta be easier photobucket got filled in2 min from my rc stuff lol!
about to make the first video of the 2s xmod express on the floor the once so stay tuned!
Most members have moved on other than a little more than a handful that still visit occasionally. keep in mind that it has been years since Radioshack was in business and even longer since they carried any XMODS-related merchandise...thus making it extremely difficult to attract any newer and even past members back to the hobby.

I have one fellow member on my Facebook page and that is it from what I recall. Other than that, just family and friends who have no clue as to what XMODS even refers too.
My XMODS

Old 12-12-2020, 04:36 PM
XMS Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Welcome I still check in once in a while to see what’s up.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:18 PM

replying to both :
yeah very true about manufacturing parts and keeping a line up in stock if there is no company supporting them but i will in the near somewhat future be getting my hands on a cnc machine to cut chassis for crawlers as well as fuel my need to improve my little red missle lol!
There are a hand full of people I know as well that are still into these little gems but a lot of them live out of province and country,so making it difficult to have a little sesh time with the minis is hard as it is lol!
but there are a couple people I know close by that are also still at them and were totally unaware of this page and i guess when i mesaged the xmodsource fb page i wasnt expecting to get access again here to spark my ideas for projects but hey lucky me right!

thanks fo the welcome guys looking forward to posting up my drift practice in the next day or so to here so stay tuned
Old 12-13-2020, 05:27 AM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinjanes42 View Post
replying to both :
yeah very true about manufacturing parts and keeping a line up in stock if there is no company supporting them but i will in the near somewhat future be getting my hands on a cnc machine to cut chassis for crawlers as well as fuel my need to improve my little red missle lol!
There are a hand full of people I know as well that are still into these little gems but a lot of them live out of province and country,so making it difficult to have a little sesh time with the minis is hard as it is lol!
but there are a couple people I know close by that are also still at them and were totally unaware of this page and i guess when i mesaged the xmodsource fb page i wasnt expecting to get access again here to spark my ideas for projects but hey lucky me right!

thanks fo the welcome guys looking forward to posting up my drift practice in the next day or so to here so stay tuned
I'm not even sure who has access to the Xmodsource Facebook page these days.
My XMODS

Old 12-15-2020, 12:25 PM

who ever they are theyre amazing to hook a fella up!
Old 02-28-2021, 02:13 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

I still check back occasionally, not near as often as I should. Lol. Glad to see you made it on and got some posts up. I have access to the Facebook page and receive the messages. Last I knew the create new user was off here because of all the spambots that kept trying to access. I can still set up people that send messages through Facebook. I've set up a few people that way.
I'm hoping to go through my collection in the near future and hopefully start modding again soon.
Happy posting!
Zippo

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526