Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via AIM to monsterhunter
Default does the Dodge Ram SRT 10 come in 4x4?

hey guys, ive been lookin around, and im trying to find out does the Dodge ram SRT 10 come in 4 wheel drive or does it just come in 2 wheel drive? this would make my final decision on either saving up for one, or just saving up for an 05 power wagon. thanks in advanced.

MH
Old 03-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

You couldnt search this yourself??

Its a 4x4 you lazy mofo...lol
Old 03-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Elite member

haha actually i have been searching around, but i never got a defiant answer from places, so i was just tryin to make sure haha, thanks meme lol, and now im left witha tough choice, which truck to choose...
Old 03-09-2009, 01:19 AM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

i have been doing a bunch of looking because i thought it was a rwd only setup. and everything i am finding says it rwd only. i have seen some transplants of the engine from this into a 2500 4x4 deisel platform. they said that the transfer cases behind the cummins are the only dodge transfer case setup that could hold up to the 525 ft lbs of torque the engine is rated at.

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 03-09-2009, 01:57 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
You couldnt search this yourself??

Its a 4x4 you lazy mofo...lol
Your thinking of a Ram. Nice work at failing a flamming/pwnage comment.

To my knowledge the SRT10 only came in 2wd. 2 years into it's run they put out the 4door version, but that's about it as to additions.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 03-09-2009 at 01:59 AM..
Old 03-09-2009, 11:27 AM
I got nothin...

it is only rwd. i know because i did the same research when my dad bought his hemi sport. he wanted an srt 10 but it didnt have 4wd.

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 03-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Your thinking of a Ram. Nice work at failing a flamming/pwnage comment.

To my knowledge the SRT10 only came in 2wd. 2 years into it's run they put out the 4door version, but that's about it as to additions.
yea thats what i thought too, then i saw an add that said it was 4x4 and i got all confused, now that every ones sayin its RWD im getting all confused again, but im more towards the RWD only thing also tho. thanks for the help so far guys, more opinions needed, i would like to get more to a final decision... and thanks xmodzracer for that little bit of info that helped out alot.
if you want to, leave feed back on what you think would be better choice, 2005 dodge ram power wagon, or the 2005 dodge ram srt 10. all opinions welcome.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Ain't the power wagon a 4x4 option? If your going to ask whether a 4x4 or a street truck is better depends entirely on the person, where you live, and what your into..

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 03-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
If your going to ask whether a 4x4 or a street truck is better depends entirely on the person, where you live, and what your into..
+1 I have been trying to talk my sister into a srt-10 ram so I would choose that one. But thats just my opinion personally all our vehicles stay on the road. We use a 4-wheeler to have fun off-road.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 03-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Have fun filling up on gas every other day with that thing.

As far as I know, two wheel drive only. I definitely wouldn't turn one down.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Yea lol, I think it gets like 9 mpg.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Ain't the power wagon a 4x4 option? If your going to ask whether a 4x4 or a street truck is better depends entirely on the person, where you live, and what your into..
yea the power wagons a 4X4 option of the 2500 frame,and you have a very good point but im kinda in the middle of 4 wheelion and haulin a$$ on the street, so i want a 4x4 that can haul *** on the street and turn. also im in NJ, so its a tough choice.
Quote:

As far as I know, two wheel drive only. I definitely wouldn't turn one down.
i figured it was 2wd only, and yea 9 mpg and 12 highway! amazing haha, i kinda dont wanna turn one down but the power wagons the same price, if i get the srt id only go 4 door, so im really picky about my next car/truck.The power wagon hard to find used so, yea ive done some decent research on both trucks, but couldnt find a definite answer about the 2wd or 4wd part, and cant really chose with out knowing that. chose they both really nice. but i guess im in one heck of a predicament here.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Does NJ have any off roading worth while? No? get an SRT10. If you don't mind the cost and trouble of a 4x4 in the city, go for it. But get it dirty

Ultimately you don't have to justify the decision of buying to us (but don't tell Prius nazi's this), it's your free choice. Honestly if I lived in the city, or burb's I'd go with the street truck. Here were I live, either is a good choice, country roads are long straight and perfect for stretching your legs and the twisty back roads to play around on, while the plethora of places to go off roading is amazing as well.

Or ****, flip a coin

Old 03-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

*flip* ......tails.... "Guess that means I have to get the 4x4. Well...I guess I can put some monster tires on it and run over the neighbor's car."

I'd go with the SRT 10. I mean...its got a V10 viper engine. I can just imagine how many people (who think their trucks are fast) you could smoke....

Its up to you man.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Does NJ have any off roading worth while? No? get an SRT10. If you don't mind the cost and trouble of a 4x4 in the city, go for it. But get it dirty

Ultimately you don't have to justify the decision of buying to us (but don't tell Prius nazi's this), it's your free choice. Honestly if I lived in the city, or burb's I'd go with the street truck. Here were I live, either is a good choice, country roads are long straight and perfect for stretching your legs and the twisty back roads to play around on, while the plethora of places to go off roading is amazing as well.

Or ****, flip a coin
the coin thing might end up bein the final choice there. NJ has a fe decent mud holes but thats about it and some trails around, not that great in northern, but south jersey has some good ones from what ive herd. If i got the 4X4 i planed to get it nice and dirty . if i got the SRT i planned to beat the hell outa it on the highway and back roads. either way thanks for the help guys, ill make a decide ina few months, when im able to start workin towards the truck, i think ill just buy one and wait later in life to buy the other, thanks for the help for those who game me very helpful information. with this plan ill work towards the power wagon so i can pull my ford lovin friends outa mud holes when they get stuck (they not that good at drivin.)

Last edited by monsterhunter; 03-09-2009 at 10:10 PM..
Old 03-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Xmod Expert

Sorry monster,

the same thing happened to me i looked at the for sale of like 3 of them, and it said 4x4.

And tex i know the difference between a ram and an SRT-10...give me some credit...

the new rams are sick BTW... so smooth, nice power, and they look hot...
Old 03-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Sorry monster,

the same thing happened to me i looked at the for sale of like 3 of them, and it said 4x4.

And tex i know the difference between a ram and an SRT-10...give me some credit...

the new rams are sick BTW... so smooth, nice power, and they look hot...
its all good its all good, and yea those are throwing me off, so im stil alittle shaky about em, im gonna worry about this alittle bit less and get more focused on my learner car(my audi)
Old 03-10-2009, 05:32 PM

Wouldn't take any kind of Dodge out wheelin' anyways. Too big and to hard to turn around on a tight trail.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Back from the bodyshop

In my opinion i still say the srt-10 because i'm pretty sure even if you like mudding better that 500 hp and 525 torque would put a pretty big smile on your face as well. I have rode in one of the srt's and they are amazing. But still which ever you like better seeing is how its your choice and all.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 03-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Elite member

theres not that many really tight trails around me so i dont have that big of a problem with that. and yea that 500 hp is always gonna put a smile on my face, even tho my whole auto class is gonna mock me for gettin it, too bad for them smoke anything in that class, and if it is 4X4 i could always do alittle bit of 4 wheelin with it(nothing major tho, just the simple stuff of course)