Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Electric
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-14-2009, 07:51 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid
Default Stampedekid's Micro Rock Crawler BND

Well decided to show up for a while, got back into the 1/24 scene but with something a little different. Too lazy to repost it even though I just posted on a different forum but here it is. Just got it yesterday, will get the video up when its done
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampedekid View Post
Yep well got back from Winter Convention 2009(Jewish Teen convention thingy) and mom told me to stay up to get my Hanukkah present. Well I open the wrapping with a grin from ear to ear to see this little bugger. Sorry about the shaky pictures those were from earlier, I was excited and too lazy to open my blinds. Well long story short I showed her the truck a few days ago when I was getting the Mini Revo's Parts, mom told them to hold it and bought it while I was away this past Friday-Yesterday(Sunday). Bus hit alot of snow coming home from upstate, took 6 hours instead of 2 1/2 because of snow, ice and traffic so got it around 10:45 last night. Then took it out this morning, woke up early to drive whatever charge came on the pack. Was so eager to drive it but had to wait until I got home from school to charge it and etc... So took it out back to small rocks and a wood pile but that got boring fast, took it out front to the garden with larger rocks etc... will get video tomorrow but it was very fun. Did a little photoshoot in my room and in the backyard. Then shot some video in my room not too long ago, will have that up too. Now onto the pictures.

Yeah opened the box but not fully so took a pic
Then below is all from today

Next to BL/LiPo Micro DT and Salteen's Former Mini Z MR02

Next to XMOD Crawler that never got a high torque motor so it sat for atleast 2 years, took it out for size comparisons

Video is uploading to Photobucket but once its up I'll put it up!
By the way it is my FIRST crawler and I plan on doing a Scaler like the others(though I've been planning it since its release) for a fun little winter project

Video is up!

Last edited by Stampedekid; 12-14-2009 at 08:33 PM..
Old 12-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Holy ****, finally someone made solid axles!

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-14-2009, 08:45 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Holy ****, finally someone made solid axles!
Tex, its been announced since right before iHobby. But I love it, its got worm gears so no drag brake needed, in fact while off it won't even roll, to move you must give acceleration or else it won't move. Good for steep rocks etc.. And also the tires are very very soft and sticky so also good.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

I don't follow r/c news at all. So, its up to the people with money to post these things.

Worm gear reduction is what I had in the S10 crawler, ridiculous gearing in a short package.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-14-2009, 10:40 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
I don't follow r/c news at all. So, its up to the people with money to post these things.

Worm gear reduction is what I had in the S10 crawler, ridiculous gearing in a short package.
Ah I see. Yeah I'm pretty much up to date on most of the new stuff with the other forum that I go on, etc.. Going to velcro the pack to the front servo, may even try out both of my LiPo's on it. The ESC/RX has a built in LVC for 2S(I don't even see why you would want to use 3S in this) and I've got a 300mAh 2S and a 180mAh 2S from my BL Micro DT so may have to test them out. Already tried the 180 but never took it out of the DT's wheely bar
Old 12-15-2009, 06:42 AM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

Wow that makes me want one even more. Why did you go with the bind and drive? Also what controller is it from, like another micro or a losi 2.4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 12-15-2009, 03:30 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadV8 View Post
Wow that makes me want one even more. Why did you go with the bind and drive? Also what controller is it from, like another micro or a losi 2.4?
Went BND so I could use my MLST2(traded to that guy Salteen I mentioned in the quote) Transmitter, he got the MLST2 and a Traxxas TX/RX so used my 2.4 from that temporary until I get my DX3S/DX2S. Just finished driving it yet again, its going to be getting the battery mounted to the servo and my LiPo put on, run times are too short. Also went BND because mom and dad got it for me for Hanukkah and the RTR colors didn't really excite me too much, too plain and the neon green is too bright. The RTR they had was red and the BND(this one) was gun metal gray. Didn't need the extra transmitter too if I'm going DX3S/DX2S