Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Electric
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 07:18 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid
Default D8-E 1/8 Buggy Conversion

After my starter box not being strong enough to turn over the flywheel, not sure really if I wanted to stay with Nitro after nearly 3 years of running it so decided on a conversion for the Hot Bodies D8. No point in selling/trading it for a Ve8, the D8 has good the "right" upgrades in it, Kyosho Universals, Kyosho Hubs, Kyosho wing, Mugen rear shaft etc... so I figured, time to upgrade. This little mount arrived in the mail today from RC-Monster.

The buggy is stripped of all it's nitro gear(all of it is FS) and ready for conversion. Going to the LHS tomorrow to see how much a MMM is through them(2200kv combo) because I got an offer from a good friend who is a moderator on another forum for $255 shipped USPS to my door for it, depends on who has got the better deal But anyway, the main plans for this is
Castle MMM 2200KV motor
Castle MMM ESC
Turnigy 5200mAh 30C 7.4V LiPo(x2)
RC-Monster motor mount(already have)
New body(current one has nitro cut outs and peeling paint underneath), either Pro-Line Bulldog or Pro-Line Shift body, undecided yet. Pictures of the buggy will come later a VERY strong storm is rolling in so going to try to stay away from my laptop for the time being. Updates soon to come!

EDIT: Sorry about that didn't realize I forgot to switch my image sizes back to 800x600 fixed it!

Last edited by Stampedekid; 07-20-2010 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: Re-sized image to 800x600
Old 07-20-2010, 05:32 PM
is here

I guess people don't respond until they see progress? lol Anyway. A trip to the hobby shop brought me home this bad boy. Didn't realize it didn't have series stock so going to buy some Hobby King 6S LiPo's instead, see how that works out. Put a Traxxas connector on it because I use Traxxas for pretty much everything except the Honcho. Should have the motor mounted up by tomorrow afternoon or tonight, depends on when I decide its time to get to work! Big thumbs up to Castle again on a system, the Sidewinder combo in my Slash has yet to give me a single issue, hopefully this will be the same way!

Gotta love Castle's sense of humor! If anyone has battery suggestions, post 'em up I'll be looking at batteries and such and I'll see what I like. Going to try to get 25C or more but no less than 20C(duh)

Ian
Old 07-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

dude we gotta get a vid of this!

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 07-20-2010, 09:09 PM
is here

Don't worry, winner, there will be. Trying to figure out if I should take the risk and see if I could fit 6S or if not I'll run 5S in it. 4S is good for the track but I'll be bashing this sucker most of the time. Picture updates come later but I got the mount installed onto the center diff area, only thing I gotta do is dremel the electronics areas so just the servo area is remaining, everything else goes "Down the gutter"
Old 07-20-2010, 09:15 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

What are the dimension limits? Without knowing the dimension limits I can't give any suggestions.

Looks like a good start. Always wanted a Mamba Monster..

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 07-20-2010, 09:27 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
What are the dimension limits? Without knowing the dimension limits I can't give any suggestions.

Looks like a good start. Always wanted a Mamba Monster..

Cheers,
Kyle.
That's the problem, I don't know either, gotta get all my electrical junk mounted up. Right now torn between 6S2P LiFe 30C 4500mAh and 5S1P LiPo 40C 4000mAh. I'll ask the guys on another forum(1/8 E-Conversions are getting big now), I'll ask the buggy guys which is best. I know some had issues cramming a big 6S under them because of the low body, I guess I'll see once everything is mounted!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:08 AM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

i think 40C would be more of "punch" and more of a power
it looks like its gonna be a good build
are you looking for battery brand suggestions? or just the stats?

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 07-22-2010, 09:51 AM
is here

It's going to be a hobby king battery, everyone on BYT has luck with them and its only $60 for a 5S1P at 40C and Steve(nitrosport182) ran the same pack in his Hyper 8 and I liked its overall speed and power so once this guy buys my engine and the other guy buys the Mini Z, I'll be ordering one or two. Anyway onto yesterday's progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampedekid View Post
Took a while to get pics, finished mounting it yesterday afternoon then was out with family etc.. so never got to grab any pics. So here they are. Not sure if I have the right motor wires on the right ports at all just a mock up, nothing is mounted(as you can tell by the RX laying on its side on the chassis) still need to figure out where to mount stuff and using what. Only thing I see being an issue. When I try to just push the buggy, it won't move. Any idea why?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:57 PM
is here

Quote:

This came in today. Saw it when I got home from PA just over an hour ago. Only thing is when I try to plug it in with my Laptop's charge cord it says "Input Volt Err" any idea how I can charge it via AC rather not go to mom and dad's cars every time I go to charge it.
Well I got home at 8PM Eastern Time to come home to this Now just waiting for the 5S LiPo from a BYT member
Old 07-29-2010, 11:14 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

What's the output of your laptop charger? You'd think it would be somewhere between the required 11V through 18V for that specific charger.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 07-30-2010, 08:53 AM
is here

Yeah I figred that out, gonna have to find a different thing. As for the chargers volt I'm not sure...i just woke up lol
Old 07-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

i had the same problem with my b6 charger i had to buy a separate ac charger as my laptop charger was a diff voltage
Old 07-30-2010, 02:47 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmod noob View Post
i had the same problem with my b6 charger i had to buy a separate ac charger as my laptop charger was a diff voltage
Yup I'm going to go figure out where to get the ac charger from now

Kyle, could you put this into my last post, for some reason the Edit button doesn't show up but this "brick" came in the mail a little while ago. Needs the connector to be changed to Traxxas but other than that, it's good to go.

[merged]

Last edited by Donziikid; 07-30-2010 at 02:50 PM..
Old 09-11-2010, 04:43 PM
is here

Those with weak stomachs, be advised.
Quote:
D8, 1. Foot, 0 Was showing my neighbor who wants to buy a Vorza Flux my brushless D8 showing him that it's the same thing just another a company owned by HPI that I converted to electric, same system. Doing speed runs up and down the street, jumping it a bit. Brought it back to me to show him it. Accidentally hit the reverse when...well I don't really remember what I was going to do. Well my toe was kinda up a bit, wearing adidas sandals/flip flops and my D8's captured hingepin thing hit me and took off part of my nail. The clear stuff you see is something to help a cut I forgot what it's called. Worst part is I've got school all week so a week of walking on it and it hurts pretty bad. D8 won this round..
VIEWERS BE ADVISED: I do not recommend those who have weak stomachs to view the picture below.

I do realize I need to cut my nails lol

The one to blame. lol
Old 09-12-2010, 07:17 PM
is here

Video as promised.
Quote:
Well here's the video I promised everyone. No hitting my foot today! LOL The grinding noise at the end is the motor shifting on the motor mount. No gears were injured in the making of this film!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8n3YonX6cU
[video=youtube;P8n3YonX6cU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8n3YonX6cU[/video]