Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification > XMS Car
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2007, 07:02 PM

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ
Default Need to knows about the XMS car: Read this first!

First of all, I want to say that I'm stoked for this project and I really hope we can make it work. It's going to take a lot of effort and organization, but if we can pull it off, we will have created what could possibly be the greatest xmod ever.

Second, I have had a new sub-forum made to dedicate to this project. It will help keep things organized, under control, and all in one place. As of right now, the only people who can post a new thread are those in charge of the project, which right now are myself and bondo. If you think you are mature enough to be able to accept some responsibility as a leader for this project, PM me and we can talk about it. Any thread that is not started by myself or bondo will be deleted without notice.

As the project progresses, all updates will be found in this forum, and yes we will have a discussion thread. That will be started up and closely watched once we get into this a little more.

Right now we are NOT taking donations for parts. We need to figure out what kind of car we are building first and who is building it. That being said, thanks to all those who have made nominations so far. And to those of you who haven't, better get to it! We want everyone's opinion so get yours in there. As some may notice, any post that was not a nomination has been deleted, this thread is for nominations only.

Thanks everybody, looking forward to getting this going!

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD
Old 10-19-2007, 10:08 AM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

just a little blurb to help things run smoother.

just as numchux pointed out, this could turn out poorly in the blink of an eye.
this is why we are trying to determine who will work on it.
if we only have 5 people working on it with one part to finish each then it should be done pretty quick.

my main concern though isnt the modders, it's the people who donate parts.
i know that the modifiers that have been nominated so far know their stuff and can finish their part of the build in a timely fashion.
the problems may come when someone offers to donate and then doesnt put forth with the part(s). this will slow down the modifier who needs the part and ultimately slow down the entire build.

so please, when it comes time to offer donations, only donate if you can spare the parts and can get them out to the modifier that needs them ASAP.

as for what kind of parts we'll need. were going to be looking for the best parts available(GPM,Delrin,Atomic,external fetboards,slotted arms Etc.) and each modifier will be allowed to choose from the list of donations aswell as make requests for parts needed.
ofcourse, stock parts are going to be needed but if we want to go all out then were going to need some high end parts aswell.

now lets cover some of the FAQ's

Quote:
would it be a custom body or a standard xmod body...
this all depends on the results of the nominations thread.

Quote:
who will get the car or have you guys decided what to do with it?
as far as we know for now, the car will be photographed and used in a new banner.
were still unsure as to who is going to get it.
were waiting for boske to make an appearance and let us know his opinions.
it could be sent to him or it could be auctioned with the proceeds going back into the forum.

Quote:
instead of just having two people team up how about everyone make a car (who wants to) lets try to make it a custom xmod body we hold a contest and the mods pick the best.
there's too many people that want to contribute but cant afford to contribute a whole car. i know i cant....
were trying to get as many people as possible involved with this project to truly make it the forum car. even if it's only five builders doing the actual work, alot more people will have a chance to say they helped build it through donations and ideas instead of choosing one car and leaving the other people stuck with an XMS car and no credit.
plus there are a few modders on this site that could make cars that no one could compete with.

i think that's it for now but i'm sure there will be more stuff to discuss once we get the nominations tallied.

cheers,
Bondo
Old 10-19-2007, 01:39 PM

Just an update.

In an effort to keep this project going and keep interest high, we're going to close the nominations thread Sunday Oct. 21 (this sunday), so if you haven't had your say yet and would like to give us some input, you'll have to do it before then. At that point, you guys can expect a poll to come out concerning what kind of car, chasis platform, body style, paint, etc. along with a list of the builders. We will run the poll for a week, then talk things over with the builders, taking into consideration: the poll results, builder needs, and availability of parts. Once decisions are made we will have a thread for donations and making arrangements to get parts and materials to the builders when they need them.

Thanks everybody for taking part, I'm looking forward to seeing the project through, and I hope as many people can help out as possible. If you have any questions, ask them here, and we will do our best to answer them.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Im up for photography/video work if you guys want to take it that far.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-19-2007, 05:18 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Im up for photography/video work if you guys want to take it that far.
That's a good idea, Texan. If you do something great, mine'as'well showcase it well, eh?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (20)

well I have 30 bucks or so in my paypal account I dont need and would be willing to donate it to a builders account so they can get parts if need be.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Observer (for now) :)

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via Yahoo to XMODification
Default a contribution...

I have alot of models (mostly cars and a couple trucks) that I haven't used so I think I can donate one to this forum - after all i've been apart of this forum for along time now so I wouldn't mind at all. I'll get a pic and list of them on Monday if you guys are willing to do a Model converstion.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Rethink It All

Send a message via AIM to RedSXmodder Send a message via MSN to RedSXmodder

So, what are we thinking for the motor and the electronics? I was thinking about screwing the stock EP and putting in a Novak Spy and a Hs-50 servo, and a Fuataba 2PL system.

Or we could just stack the FETs, and do a stardard system...

Later,
RedSXmodder

Team Redmade Motors- Building Motors that rise above the rest!

Rethink It All
Old 10-21-2007, 09:18 AM
All 6's and 7's

Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSXmodder View Post
So, what are we thinking for the motor and the electronics? I was thinking about screwing the stock EP and putting in a Novak Spy and a Hs-50 servo, and a Fuataba 2PL system.

Or we could just stack the FETs, and do a stardard system...

Later,
RedSXmodder
it all depends on what kind of vehicle we go with wich should be figured out by the end of the day.

it also depends on the donations we recieve.

@TI. we'll let you know when it gets closer to finished

thanks guys.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:58 PM

I've been noticing on the polls that we are having some conflicting results, aka, the EVO Car chasis is currently the most popular chasis, and the chevy blazer body is the most popular body. If the final results are still conflicting, we are going to use the chasis with the most votes, and then choose the corresponding body with the most votes. Final decisions will be based on chasis type!

Old 10-26-2007, 03:20 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

is the xms car going to replace the subbie up by the logo?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:59 PM

Hey all!

Well we have been hacked, but the good news is, we can still build the XMS car. Lets build this car, show the world, and this stupid hacker, what XMODS are all about. Still need donations, but I don't know who needs what, so members, please read the donation threads, and builders let the masses know what you need! I'm still eager to see this project be completed, but we've got a long ways to go! This is a great chance to rebuild the community as well as the site so lets take advantage of it and do this thing together. Hoo Raa!