Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > July 12'-13' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 02:06 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star
Default '89 S10 Blazer Project

My 1989 S10 Blazer.
Engine -383 Stroker bored .030 over and square decked. Scat 9000 lightweight stroker crankshaft, Scat 5.7 inch I-beam connecting rods w/ 7/16" capscrews, Speed Pro hypereutectic pistons with 12cc dish. GM performance parts LT4 Hot Cam kit .525" lift 218 228 duration @.050 hydraulic roller with Summit racing lifters. Steel double roller timing chain and gears. Hi volume oil pump with welded pick up
Cylinder Heads: GM iron Vortec 64cc chambers. SI 1 piece swirl polished stainless steel valves w/ undercut stems. GM LT4 valve springs and 1.6 roller rockers. ARP screw in rocker studs. Full competition port and polish and 3 angle valve job. valve pockets cut for springs, guides cut for high lift cam. Professional Products Crosswind intake, Edelbrock performer 750 carb,
Ignition: MSD billet distributor with Blaster SS coil and Summit Racing msd ignition box. Base timing set to 10 deg BTC.
Exhaust- Heddman ceramic coated shorty V8 conversion headers. Imco Performance stainless 2 chamber mufflers. Silverline stainless tips
Misc Engine: Aluminum 2 row race radiator recessed into core support with Derale dual electric cooling fans and Be-Cool thermal Fan switch, painted reservoir tanks, chrome/black finned air breather and valve covers. Optima red top battery. Holley red fuel pump. Summit Racing billet fuel filter. Full stainless braided fuel hoses with AN fittings.
Transmission- 700R4 with 2400 stall converter. Valve body modified for auto converter lock-up in 4th gear. Driveshaft shortened 2 inches
Suspension/Steering/Brakes/Rear end- Front: Spohn tubular lower control arms with eurethane bushings. Speedway tubular upper control arms. 81 Firebird/Camaro spindles,rotors and calipers, braided flex hoses. QA1 coilover shock conversion. Jegs Adjustable proportioning valve. Custom U-joint steering shaft.
Rear end: Stock 2003 S-10 blazer disc brake rear end with 3.42 ring and pinion and Torsen limited slip differential from 2002 Trans Am. Redline shock proof gear oil. Braided flex hose. O3 Blazer rear sway bar. 3 inch tapered drop blocks
Interior- 02 Bravada power leather seats.. Autometer Phantom Gauges in custom dash panels Sony CD Player. Grant chrome steering wheel. B&M Truck Megashifter 93 Bravada dash. 4x Soundstream 6.5" coaxial speakers. 2x Soundstream 4x6" coaxial speakers 4x Soundstream tweeters. Soundstream Crossover. Custom center console. Custom speaker enclosures. 200+ sq ft of fatmat 8" Soundstream woofer and Soundstream touch screen DVD player coming soon.
Exterior-Shaved roof rack. 95 s10 roll pan cut and welded in with exhaust running through. Powdercoated black billet grille. Black housing H4 headlight conersion. Red euro tails. Clear bumper/corner signals. American Racing Torque Thrust wheels with Eagle GTII tires up front and Mickey Thompson ET Street drag radials in the rear. Custom paint. Bowtie SS emblems.
Future plans: 150 shot Edelbrock nitrous kit. Electric exhaust cut-outs. Driveshaft loop. More interior work.
I might be missing a few things, but that's the bulk of it.
Currently, I'm working on revamping the interior and running new fuel lines.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Xmod Expert

Been doing a little work to the soundsystem. Here are my sub enclosures for two 10" woofers.

More to come, soon.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Civic lover

Trader Rating: (0)

looks good i like it
Old 08-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Xmod Expert

I got most of the amp rack done. I need to buy the amps and the capacitor, but all the wires are ran and everything's ready to roll...The board that the amps mount to is upholstered in black carpet because screwing into vinyl sucks. The faceplate of the amp rack is hinged to articulate up to access wires and such. The bottom of the faceplate also holds down the backs of the floor panels. The fronts of the floor panels are held down with industrial strength velcro. Here are some pics.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Xmod Expert

Added plexiglass on the faceplate, along with a knob to make it more easy to open.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Blazer is looking good man that amp rack is sick.

Member of Team Minnesota's Loudest