Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > July 12'-13' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Thumbs up July 12-13 1:1 Build Off: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT

I had thoughts about buying a large rock crawling RC kit, and figured this is the best place for info, then I wandered back here and found out about the build off and figured, why not?

2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Still stock on the lot

New shoes Enkei EKM3's 17x7

AVO Grill

Yakima Roof Rack for various goodies

WRX front Lip

And that's about it for now, but I also have some things on the way. More updates soon!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Man, that front grille made a world of difference.

Looks good!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Elite member

Thanks! something about chrome and subarus that don't go together. That has been one of my favorite mods yet. Now I don't look like a Food Taurus.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Elite member

Oh hello there full stainless steel, quad tipped, Invidia Q300 cat-back exhaust...

More pics of exhaust and install pics tomorrow
Old 08-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Elite member

Update: No exhaust install.. Yet.

I'm waiting on the matching downpipe to the CBE to hook it all up and go Cobb AccessPort stage 2. Stage 1 itself is fun and it only brings boost on earlier, I can't imagine what kind of trouble I can get into, I mean, how much more fun It will be at Stage 2.

Keep watching!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Elite member

So I've done a little work to the car. got the new downpipe and installed the exhaust...

oh. my. goodness.

it sounds about as good as it looks. its not a bumble bee, and its decently loud, but nothing to cause problems. I've driven by, in front of, and behind cops with no issues, so I don't find it to be bad at all.

Photo of DownPipe:

Video:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=399464176773738

Then I got a Go Fast Bits GT Hybrid Blow Off Valve. The OEM one is plastic, and is prone to leaking with higher boost. It also is full recirculating, so all the air goes back into the exhaust and out that way. the GFB is aluminum, and only lets half of the air out to atmosphere, and half back into the system. (hence the 50/50) it has a nice and calm sound. nothing like SRT4's have that are loud and rather obnoxious.

Photo:

and of course, a car is only as good as its stickers. I put a few under the hood..

And a bunch on the roof rack

Red Locking Lugs to add some other colors to the car

And thats how she sits for now. But I already have some other goodies waiting to go

Full Metal Endlinks that are much stronger then the OEM ones with plastic ends

And Front + Rear Whiteline Sway Bars

And Hopefully I can stumble across some nice struts and springs to get the car lower and stop the clunking haha

Don't Change that dial! more coming soon!!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Civic lover

Trader Rating: (0)

Looks nice I want to get an impreza someday
Old 10-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Elite member

they are good cars. I think that owning a turbo subaru, like any higher horsepower car, takes some responsibility on the drivers end. I saw an article about a 17 yr old that got a 2012 sti for graduation present, and went out riding with 4 of his friends. long story short, He's the only one that's still alive and that Sti is split in half. you respect the car, it treats you right. if you go out and play Mr. kid racer, it will hurt you fast. "with great power comes great responsibility"
Old 10-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Does the '05 LGT use GR (07+) Impreza suspension? If so, I can get you hooked up with some WRX suspension and Vorshlag Camberplates. It'll be a decent upgrade over the stock LGT stuff, and you'll get some of the best camber plates on the market.

Also, it's not great [horse] power that's the problem with Subarus, it's the over confidence in the idea that AWD = invincible handling. The handling limits to the WRX are relatively high, and typically when you go beyond it the break-away is pretty forgiving. It's just that it takes a lot of stupidity to go beyond that controllable limit. That kid would've crashed a Camry just the same. Idiots be idioting.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 10-13-2012 at 11:57 PM..
Old 10-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Elite member

Alot of what I see says 05-09 LGT and 08-12 WRX stuff is interchangeable, so I'm atleast willing to try. shoot me a PM and we'll work something out.

that exact same comparison (Camry vs Sti) came up else where, and I agree. But you wouldn't believe how people change their additude toward the car when you enter boost. I've taken people on rides that don't think much about the car being more then a grocery get-er, then we hit the on-ramp and people loose their minds once we sling shot from 35 mph to 70.

I can easily see some kids flying around and, like you said, think they know how the car handles and break it sideways through a guardrail at 90+. most people just assume its harder to get that fast in a Camry, and that's why it's "safer"
Old 10-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65mustangrock View Post
Alot of what I see says 05-09 LGT and 08-12 WRX stuff is interchangeable, so I'm atleast willing to try. shoot me a PM and we'll work something out.

that exact same comparison (Camry vs Sti) came up else where, and I agree. But you wouldn't believe how people change their additude toward the car when you enter boost. I've taken people on rides that don't think much about the car being more then a grocery get-er, then we hit the on-ramp and people loose their minds once we sling shot from 35 mph to 70.

I can easily see some kids flying around and, like you said, think they know how the car handles and break it sideways through a guardrail at 90+. most people just assume its harder to get that fast in a Camry, and that's why it's "safer"
Shoot me an email at [email protected], I don't get notifications from here anymore. But this is what's left of that '10

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 04-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Elite member

I haven't updated this in a while, but there's been some things happening, pictures to come as soon as I get everything back together lol