Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-17-2009, 11:37 PM
newbie mustang xmodder

Trader Rating: (0)
Default xmod problems, or is this normal?

first of all, me and my friend were racing, my car wouldnt turn left when our controllers were close together, and had alot of lag from my controller to the car. i tightened all the wires and the antenna and it seemed to go away for now.

second, when batteries die, does your car just all the sudden quit? my car seems like a battery sucker, it'll run for about 15 minutes and poof, it just slows down to a stop.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

15 minutes is way over normal. Don't expect an hour from these unless your running 5000MAH batteries
Old 12-18-2009, 12:09 AM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

yeah 15 mins is a pree good run time on aaa batteries from what i remember with my gen one. and check your crystals to see if tour both running the same channel
Old 12-18-2009, 12:58 AM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNKevin4EvA View Post
15 minutes is way over normal. Don't expect an hour from these unless your running 5000MAH batteries
LOL would 5000mah= like 2+ hours and a burnt motor? lol cause 3300mah on a 1/10 =like roughly 30 mins(normal non-bashing style driving).. this is 1/24 which calculates out too..... like 45mins on the 3300

but yea 15 mins is pretty normal and when the controllers are close it happens, thats what you get with AM frequencies try standing like 5 ft apart and keep the controllers straight up instead of holding them sideways and see if that helps and any metal objects can also get in the way too

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 12-18-2009, 01:03 AM
newbie mustang xmodder

yeah nothing really happens when we stand apart.

do the 900nimh batteries on atomicmods.com work nicely?
Old 12-18-2009, 01:06 AM
Banned

Well, you don't exactly have to buy atomic mods batteries. Go down to walgreens, and purchase some Duracell 1500MAH's. They are purttty gooooooooood if you ask me. More affordable than AM, plus they include shipping.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:08 AM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

they are good, but use AAA batteries isn't going to get you anymore then 15minutes.. give or take a five min.

Agreed, go to walmart or somewhere locally and just buy some AAAs in the camera section with a high mah rating.

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 12-18-2009, 02:50 AM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

If you want some good batteries, try Orion 900HVs. They give you good run times, and work better than normal rechargeable. Also, at around $9-$10, they're usually cheaper than other rechargeable AAA's.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:01 AM
newbie mustang xmodder

hm. i'd also like to find a cheap charger, over time i only want to have about 300 in this things, dont want to go overboard.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:59 AM
That's what she said.

You can just to a Walgreens or something and buy a Duracell or Energizer battery charger for around $10-$20. They'll charge **** near every AAA battery you can throw at it.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Advance member

I went to radioshack and bought there 30 min carger that came with 3 AAA battries and 4 AA and that is the best thing a have bought for my xmods.

Also the energizer recargable battries are goo gt they last about 20 mins.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I went to radioshack and bought there 30 min carger that came with 3 AAA battries and 4 AA and that is the best thing a have bought for my xmods.

Also the energizer recargable battries are goo gt they last about 20 mins.
Awesome, thanks for the information.

Too bad I cannot take you serious enough, you seem like a spammer to me sadly.

@ Silver 4.6

When your batteries die or are starting to die, you should see a complete power drain. It will not just suddenly stop, it will just slow right down to a crawl and then when the demand for the power is too high, and there is not enough supply for the demand, it will just not even bother moving the motor, it will try. All you can do it see the lights on(if you have the light kit.) and you may just be able to use the steering items.

For a battery sucker, it seems to be doing well over normal for 15 minutes.
I don't know if this plays a part in the drainage to batteries, I do know it does increase battery draw. If you do not clean your xmods driveline normally, then it will also act slow or sluggish if you may. I do believe it will play a part in battery drain, as it will need more power to move if it does have dirt build up/hair build up. It might not move at all though with dirt/hair also.

Blade.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:03 PM
newbie mustang xmodder

thanks blade, your description matched perfectly what was happening.

im glad 15 mins isnt a battery sucker, i bought rechargable duracells, 800 MAH, and they are lasting more than 20 minutes per charge!

by the way, blade... whos the spammer? i cant tell if you were saying that to me or the other guy...

Last edited by silver 4.6; 12-19-2009 at 11:26 PM..
Old 12-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver 4.6 View Post

im glad 15 mins isnt a battery sucker, i bought rechargable duracells, 800 MAH, and they are lasting more than 20 minutes per charge!
The 1000mah duracells I bought at target last around 25-30 minutes on the track even.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:18 PM
newbie mustang xmodder

i might have to look into those 1000 mahs, as well as a new charger. mine only charges 2 AAA's at a time.. worthless...

i have new electronics problems i'd like help with, too.

some reason, no matter how far away my xmod is, every now and then it will have a little lag form the controller to the car, and even less often it wont respond at all.

it doesnt happen all the time mind you, only every 500 or so actions i tell it to do, so its very sparingly that it happens

is this normal?
Old 12-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:

by the way, blade... whos the spammer? i cant tell if you were saying that to me or the other guy...
Glad my post helped you out!

As for the spammer, I was meaning the guy with the email address for a name. Smells like spammer to me, I could be wrong though.

If you need anymore help I'll be sure to help you as much as I can.

Blade.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:55 PM
newbie mustang xmodder

ah. ok. well if you read my post in general xmods, im putting my xmods up for a few weeks until a shipment of new parts get here.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Stage 2 member

Ebay ps2 lithium-ion batteries with charger shipped is like $43 run time for me is over a hour ran it a hole entire class and a half today which is like 80min and stil has juice not fast but still goes good.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Light Modder

Trader Rating: (5)

Quote:
first of all, me and my friend were racing, my car wouldnt turn left when our controllers were close together, and had alot of lag from my controller to the car. i tightened all the wires and the antenna and it seemed to go away for now.

second, when batteries die, does your car just all the sudden quit? my car seems like a battery sucker, it'll run for about 15 minutes and poof, it just slows down to a stop.
Woah that is weird, (well for me at least) i can usually get 20min min out of normal AAAs and with 900mah rechargables i can get 45min+ driving with a heavy trigger finger. check for any binding that might be causing alot of friction or slowing your car down and putting a lot of strain on it, oh and get the energizer 900mah AAA rechargable batts, they are one of the best i have tested and they are not too expensive, they also offer a lot of extra "kick" compared to alkalines.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Banned

45 minutes is over kill. Unless your minutes are 30 second long like my teacher's