Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2009, 03:14 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude
Default ZXTruck new and improved..... now with trailer

So to help SPR move out of the country I took a few pieces of his collection off his hands.... one of those was his trailer... which I have to give him kudos on because its really nice lots of thought went into, lots of extras and it works really nicely!

I figured I hadn't done much on the ZXTruck in a while, so I heated up and bent a piece of plastic to give me a very basic hitch point and then screwed a ProPulse ball joint into it for the hookup.

Then I modified SPR's trailer lighting system so that it had a Gen1 motor hookup, the other end was then wired into the trucks motor, this gave me an easy way to hook the lights up and they only get power when the motor draws current.

So tada

one fully functional lighted trailer towed by my Nissan Titan ZXTruck.

The hitch point screws in to the center rear bumper mount so can be take off in a split second, the only permanent mod is the gen1 motor lead wired onto the trucks motor....

The hitch still needs some tidying up and spraying black but it will do for the moment

Even managed to snap some decent photos with only one blurry one....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 06-26-2009, 03:18 PM
SPR

you realise that hook was intended for tying the car to the trailer, not as tow chains lol.

But looks great! i love how you did the light hook up. i never got around to finishing that!
Old 06-26-2009, 03:20 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
you realise that hook was intended for tying the car to the trailer, not as tow chains lol.

But looks great! i love how you did the light hook up. i never got around to finishing that!
The Stang is slammed couldn't be bother to manipulate the chain through it so just tossed it on the back

The light system is great! It works so well adding the hookup was the logical next step....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....