Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

[QUOTE=winner;271248]cause they make very good mini-z parts. like for mini-z atomic's quality is rated right there with Kyosho's.

that would explain it. As much as I would like to I unfortunately do not own a mini-z man would I like one though. Thanks for the info on that though.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
cause they make very good mini-z parts. like for mini-z atomic's quality is rated right there with Kyosho's.

EDIT:
http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories...-Upgrades.aspx

that right there is their main source of income^
That would explain the reason for them taking so long to do my xmod

I dont think im going to order from them anymore.

Ill order my stuff from here
www.asiatees.com

And Ill start ordering FETs from Action B, or have him do my repairs.

Forget AM...........they are really unprofessional business owners, they expect me to look on the webpage to see if they were doing repairs in Dec. or not. But IMO its their obligation to contact the customer and inform them of the mishappings going on in their shop.

But Im calling them tomorrow. I think I will ask them to fix my xmod for free for the lies the say on their site, poor customer service, and my inconvenience. If not then I'll do the other thing i said i was going to do.

EDIT........

Or what i may do, is take my new spare band 1 chassis board. Put my 2x2 stacked fets , and swap out the fixed crystal to the changable one, then install that in the scion.

Last edited by 1FasImp; 01-15-2012 at 07:01 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Stage 1 member

Called AM today and talked to Jay. He asked when i sent it in and i said they had it since Nov. 7 he went to look for it. Found it, then he looked at my scion, touched up some of the solder points i did. then tried it out. They got nothin when trying to make it go foward, but they did get it to go backwards and it worked. While in the process of it going backwards they fried the bottom FET they said. Then they wanted to charge me $48.00 to install new ones ..... So basically I paid them to F**k it up more . But as for the steering jitters he said it was normal cause i put 7v lipos on it. So I told them to send it back. I will fix it myself. Never again will I send them anything. This has been a really bad experience for me.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Stage 1 member

Got my Scion Xmod back yesterday from AM yesterday. I had a spare chassis ( plans to put mini z board in it) with a new board. So I put my 2x2 stacked FETs on it and installed it in the Scion. I works great now. I love it. My rev. Fets where fine no burnt, or melted parts on them.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:17 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FasImp View Post
Got my Scion Xmod back yesterday from AM yesterday. I had a spare chassis ( plans to put mini z board in it) with a new board. So I put my 2x2 stacked FETs on it and installed it in the Scion. I works great now. I love it. My rev. Fets where fine no burnt, or melted parts on them.
glad it worked out in the end...stinks for the grief...

so now do things in reverse...enjoy driving this one around...and now turn the non working returned AM car into a project...and install a mini-z board like you were planning ...maybe you might end up with 2 great cars ... good luck...

Team X.I.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
glad it worked out in the end...stinks for the grief...

so now do things in reverse...enjoy driving this one around...and now turn the non working returned AM car into a project...and install a mini-z board like you were planning ...maybe you might end up with 2 great cars ... good luck...
I took the board out of one of the 2008 Skylines chassis I got, details in this thread
http://xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20357

So the spare skyline board went into the scion, I change the fixed crystal to the interchangalbe one and installed the FETs. Im goin to put a mini z board in my empty skyline chassis. Thats going to be my project car.

Im trying to upload a vid of me driving the Scion on my homemade track.

EDIT.......

Vid uploaded heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BB4z...5TihMN-kEVjYY5

It doesnt keep traction at all. Which tires would be good for it? And shock set up.

I was also wondering could I charge the lipos on this xmod with this charger? I did some research and these lipos add together is 1560 mah which I believe i could charge them @ 1.5 ah 2s 7.4v?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12104

Last edited by 1FasImp; 01-19-2012 at 09:10 PM..
Old 01-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

unless your lipo has a balance plug then your just as good useing a cheapo charger. 2S and up it wont charge unless you have balance plugs or you use the NiMh charging set up.

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 01-19-2012, 10:08 PM
dirtlover/moderator

i'd say either learn to drift like a madman or clean the floor with a wet mop...then race...maybe widen up your lanes a little bit too...may allow you to go faster and improve confidence...

you also could build your own track from foam mats from HF...or maybe a low carpet...

Team X.I.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
unless your lipo has a balance plug then your just as good useing a cheapo charger. 2S and up it wont charge unless you have balance plugs or you use the NiMh charging set up.
Ok. I had to buy that charger anyways for the lipos I got for my 1/16 Traxxas E Revo I got and the thought crossed my mind.

Yea Floyd, I been trying to drift with the scion but the difference of throttle response is killing me. Which degree tie rod should I use? I got 0 degree on it now. I really need to get some foam mats just haven't had the money for it. How wide should I go?

Last edited by 1FasImp; 01-20-2012 at 12:36 AM..
Old 01-22-2012, 02:46 AM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

0 is perfectly fine for drifting. soft springs in rear and medium up front is what i run. throttle response may be fast, but if you learn to pulse, then your drifts will get better, as xmods work mainly with the pulse-method of throttle control rather than smooth throttle (xmods have too few throttle steps for the smooth method)
practice a lot. it's the best thing to do for drifting.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
0 is perfectly fine for drifting. soft springs in rear and medium up front is what i run. throttle response may be fast, but if you learn to pulse, then your drifts will get better, as xmods work mainly with the pulse-method of throttle control rather than smooth throttle (xmods have too few throttle steps for the smooth method)
practice a lot. it's the best thing to do for drifting.

I have been practicing with the Scion, Im getting better. I noticed the pulse but I tend to lose control when I do it that way. I also widen the track to 2 feet wide. But there are some uneven spots on the garage floor, which causes on rear wheel to spin more then the other. Then when it does hit a even surface it turns out of control. I guess i need to get the mats to have an even surface.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:10 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Quote:
I have been practicing with the Scion, Im getting better. I noticed the pulse but I tend to lose control when I do it that way. I also widen the track to 2 feet wide. But there are some uneven spots on the garage floor, which causes on rear wheel to spin more then the other. Then when it does hit a even surface it turns out of control. I guess i need to get the mats to have an even surface.
when my bud and i had a track at his place...his garage was old and had an uneven floor as well...we used some concrete patch kit...or even a mortar mix...and just ised thin coats and a wide trowel to apply it and smooth things out...it made quite a difference...

i like a wide track...less chances of hitting the sides, destroying your body...and ricocheting back and forth off the sides...also easiier to practice on...and you can go faster for drifts and powerslides...and just in general...i like racing wide open throttle ...good luck with your track...

Team X.I.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
when my bud and i had a track at his place...his garage was old and had an uneven floor as well...we used some concrete patch kit...or even a mortar mix...and just ised thin coats and a wide trowel to apply it and smooth things out...it made quite a difference...

i like a wide track...less chances of hitting the sides, destroying your body...and ricocheting back and forth off the sides...also easiier to practice on...and you can go faster for drifts and powerslides...and just in general...i like racing wide open throttle ...good luck with your track...
How wide is the track you drive on?

Thanks for the tip with the concrete, but my lease will be up at tue end of next month. I will be moving so there isn't any sense on me doing that. I will just get some for mats from harbor freight and build a track out of that so I wont have to worry about the unevenness. Ya know
Old 01-22-2012, 11:26 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Quote:
How wide is the track you drive on?

Thanks for the tip with the concrete, but my lease will be up at tue end of next month. I will be moving so there isn't any sense on me doing that. I will just get some for mats from harbor freight and build a track out of that so I wont have to worry about the unevenness. Ya know
see...i rent as well atm..i asked the landlord if i could paint a track in the garage on the floor...like with chalkboard paint...thought that would make a good surface...but no go...

so i went with foams from HF...like i said wait for sales and get a pack or two at a time...usually $8.99 on sale...i almost have enough to cover my whole garage...approx 20 x 20...

and personally i like 2 mats wide...which is 4 feet...depends on straights or corners...yi.e. you could do a 2 ft straightaway into a 4 foot corner so you have space to turn, drift or pass an oponent...just an idea...

when i can do a more permanent track set-up i will be laying out all my mats...then will probably cut the track into the mats with a utility knife...the intention being to create a more freeform and smoother transitioning track...whatever is cut off from the outside of corners could...theoretically be placed and reused on the inside of the corner...once again...an idea...

Team X.I.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Stage 1 member

Mine track is 2 ft wide now all-a-round. The corners don't have enough room to drift, well they do but uneven surface cause me to spin around.

My HF got the foam mats on sale for 7.99 right now ( I think its a sale. Dont quote me though ). Just don't have the money for it at the moment, otherwise I would buy a few packs.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:29 AM
dirtlover/moderator

grab a pack or two at a time...before you know it you wil have enough for a track...

Team X.I.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Stage 1 member

I will when I get some extra spending money. Got to save up to move first.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:40 PM
A 100% RCPHREEK

u should try lockin the diffs, it will be totally different, u can handle the car alot better.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Stage 1 member

I went to HF and got me 2 packs of the foam mat they have. I has drivin my xmod on the mats i have and it handles ALOT better. Hopefully I will be able to get some more this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPHREEK View Post
u should try lockin the diffs, it will be totally different, u can handle the car alot better.
Tried with a spare diff i have. Did not like it at all.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:22 PM
dirtlover/moderator

great to hear...probably keep your car alot cleaner too...and alot lessed banged up...with those mats...the only limit is space and money LOL...good luck

Team X.I.