Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 03:12 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbchux View Post
naw, we've had many. mopars generally are junk. neons are exceptionally crappy.
I guess its different over here... Most Mopars we've got here, ones we've owned personally, have ran better, and more reliably than a Toyota we used to have... And of all companies, a Toyota... Aren't they viewed as one of the more reliable cars out there?

Anyway, the mopars we've owned were one of the 'better' car manufacturers we've owned. We've owned a few GMs and Fords, but they crapped out less than a year of owning them...
Old 07-19-2007, 04:30 AM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER View Post
I guess its different over here... Most Mopars we've got here, ones we've owned personally, have ran better, and more reliably than a Toyota we used to have... And of all companies, a Toyota... Aren't they viewed as one of the more reliable cars out there?

Anyway, the mopars we've owned were one of the 'better' car manufacturers we've owned. We've owned a few GMs and Fords, but they crapped out less than a year of owning them...
my family (as in, extended family, my dad, uncle, and I do virtually all the maintenence on them) have owned about a dozen or more mopars over the last 10 years or so. none have seen 200k. all getting the exact same maintenence as everything else. seeing numerous subarus, VWs, Toyotas, GMs, a crappy old Ford Van, and the worst Audi I've ever heard of.....all well over that, most closer to 300k, and most were replaced because of rust, not mechanical issues.

there are exceptions to the rule, of course (I suspect your yota fit into this category). I've got a buddy that swamped his 3.0l caravan (literally swamped, as in hydrolocked) at about 210k miles, and we pulled the spark plugs, poured in some oil, and hit the starter.....it slowly began to turn over, did that for a few minutes, and he drove it for another 50k miles...until he rolled it.

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC
Old 07-19-2007, 06:16 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodificationer View Post
ok, but if its a mid sized sedan y does it need a 400hp engine?
Thats because its what the people wanted in the 60's and they still do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbchux View Post
my family (as in, extended family, my dad, uncle, and I do virtually all the maintenence on them) have owned about a dozen or more mopars over the last 10 years or so. none have seen 200k. all getting the exact same maintenence as everything else. seeing numerous subarus, VWs, Toyotas, GMs, a crappy old Ford Van, and the worst Audi I've ever heard of.....all well over that, most closer to 300k, and most were replaced because of rust, not mechanical issues.

there are exceptions to the rule, of course (I suspect your yota fit into this category). I've got a buddy that swamped his 3.0l caravan (literally swamped, as in hydrolocked) at about 210k miles, and we pulled the spark plugs, poured in some oil, and hit the starter.....it slowly began to turn over, did that for a few minutes, and he drove it for another 50k miles...until he rolled it.
and thats a mistu engine.

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 07-19-2007 at 09:59 AM..
Old 07-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to redrkt Send a message via MSN to redrkt Send a message via Yahoo to redrkt

Dude if you can find one get an older BMW M3 good horsepower, excellent handling and pretty good fuel mileage, also they can be had for a decent price coming off lease from a dealership.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:41 AM
XMS moderator

Send a message via MSN to tayyab

M3 rocks but still go for the evo8
jimmythekid dont double post
Old 07-19-2007, 12:22 PM
That's what she said.

go out and get a used s2000! it's a roadster, redline is 9000 rpm, it has alot of horsepower per liter, and it a honda
Old 07-19-2007, 01:29 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekid05 View Post
go out and get a used s2000! it's a roadster, redline is 9000 rpm, it has alot of horsepower per liter, and it a honda
Please read the first page again! I will not fit into anything the size of an S2000!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 07-19-2007, 02:29 PM
That's what she said.

figures...

so, ur looking for a midsized sporty car, right?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Xmod Expert

Why not the G35 sedan? Either the G35 or G35x if you want 4WD.

If you check out Stillen, they've got many performance parts for the G.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:36 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Quote:
figures...

so, ur looking for a midsized sporty car, right?
Bingo! Hence the GTO and the TL being my top choices at the moment.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 07-19-2007, 04:26 PM
[Not-your-day] - Badass

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to noturday

i still say the TL is your best option of your 2 choices, then again the M3 is an amazing car and u can find em with low milage used for about 17-32 grand depending on the year model and conv top or not. i would highly consider it, its about the same size as the TL and is more powerful, and deffiantely handles better, plus its rwd instead of fwd. we used to have a 2000 323i and it kept up with my dad's accord v6, and thats base model with a 2.3 inline 6, the M3 has a 3.2 inline 6, that's almost a whole liter bigger!

my new vote is for the M3, but if u cant find one of those go for the TL

Team XI
Old 07-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to atruebudfan Send a message via MSN to atruebudfan Send a message via Yahoo to atruebudfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by noturday View Post
i still say the TL is your best option of your 2 choices, then again the M3 is an amazing car and u can find em with low milage used for about 17-32 grand depending on the year model and conv top or not. i would highly consider it, its about the same size as the TL and is more powerful, and deffiantely handles better, plus its rwd instead of fwd. we used to have a 2000 323i and it kept up with my dad's accord v6, and thats base model with a 2.3 inline 6, the M3 has a 3.2 inline 6, that's almost a whole liter bigger!

my new vote is for the M3, but if u cant find one of those go for the TL
And the GTO is almost double the size, with a 5.7L 350 hp V8. There is nothing comes close for the price there are. Its a great car, its just a Holden Monaro with a Pontiac nose, and as most car guys know Holden is a great company and one of the main reason GM is back on the rise.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:42 PM
That's what she said.

toyotas don't really have any good sporty cars right now... the only one i can think of is the camry... which isn't all too sporty.

but, anyways, out of the two u have picked, i'd go for the TL

it's a honda, hence it's japanese, hence it's high quality. the type s verson is probably to way to go so you'll have more bang for the buck (vtec heh heh heh). the GTO is nice, but it's an american car, which only the classics live on imo.

so in 17 years from now, the TL will still be driving while the GTO will be on the side of the road smoking

Last edited by taiwanesekid05; 07-19-2007 at 05:45 PM..
Old 07-19-2007, 06:08 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
toyotas don't really have any good sporty cars right now... the only one i can think of is the camry... which isn't all too sporty.

but, anyways, out of the two u have picked, i'd go for the TL

it's a honda, hence it's japanese, hence it's high quality. the type s verson is probably to way to go so you'll have more bang for the buck (vtec heh heh heh). the GTO is nice, but it's an american car, which only the classics live on imo.

so in 17 years from now, the TL will still be driving while the GTO will be on the side of the road smoking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shove-it

the GTO is australian, plus most GM cars last for years and years, for example I have a 79 impala all I have done is replace wear and tear items. I drive daily a 95 G van 130,000 I did have to rebuild the head last year due to burnt valves. It does need the rear end rebuilt but is still a reliable van that I will drive for another 100,000. Asian, Korean, European, American they all break down and wear out about the same, trust me I fix them all.

In 17 years neither will be on the road I doubt we will be running gasoline engines.

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 07-20-2007 at 06:52 AM..
Old 07-19-2007, 06:37 PM
That's what she said.

my dad has a 95 camry and it works fine. the only thing that needed to be repaired as in the engine is the starter.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:26 PM

Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via AIM to 123Vette Send a message via Yahoo to 123Vette

there a blue used lancer evo 8 near me for sale not a bad car
Old 07-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Why not get this lovely Yugo?

Its not really an SUV, or a car, its like a cross-over on steriods and pcp.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 07-19-2007 at 11:34 PM..
Old 07-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

nice dude i love yugos! jk, but yea a crossover of steroids, and pcp lol
Old 07-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Elite member

have you thought about the camry solara???

i think you can get the v6 for around $22,500 and coupes generally have more room...im only 6 ft but i got really long legs and i fit in one pretty good...and you know your getting good quality out of toyota...
also...you might want to see if you can pick up a demo car from the dealership...generally they are in good shape and have only 6k miles on them...

Scion Tc-stock
06 Mustang- Awd
Hummer- Awd

Last edited by librarianliam; 07-19-2007 at 11:49 PM..
Old 07-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

thats what my dad did with his ram he got a demo and got like 10k off
Closed Thread