Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Nitro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to greenday Send a message via Yahoo to greenday
Default Greenday's Kyosho Super Eight GP Landmax 4wd

Yes that's the title Kyosho gave to this now prehistoric (and nearly extinct) beast. I finally confirmed thats what this thing is, given some help from the forum. I did have an old thread, but it was dead, just like the car at the time...

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Took forever, (it starts 1st pull now, so long as it has a good prime) But it the GS21 came to life finally on a new glow plug. (The old one, I later found out, was fine)

SO! It runs. Let's drive it!

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And let it run away due to loose servo connectors..doh!

YouTube Video

Now thats more like it!

For those who don't know, I got this heap from my dad, free. It came with his Jato, TMaxx, and 3 other buggies. (two are ofna twins, one is the buggy version of my car) The Landmax is an old car...mid 90's I believe. I'm really not sure what I want to do with it...it runs so well, I don't want to sell it. I'd like to clean it up and get the only non-lola body 1/8 body I can find:

Protoform PF-8

Not crazy about it, but I think it would look pretty cool in my own colors. Even if I did choose to buy that body, ($30+total) I could still get it back easily because of the shape this cars in. So I may just tear it down, clean it up, remove all instances of jerry-rigging (isn't much, just a couple mismatched screws and improvising) And drive it...it's a classic and my first nitro, and its funnnn!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

haha thats awesome man! i myself have a mid-late 80's kyosho tourung car i picked up for free from family, glad to see im not the only one rocking the classics

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 02-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to greenday Send a message via Yahoo to greenday

Yeah, they're oldies but goldies in my opinion. Just waiting for someone to come up with something NEW for me to race. I'll throw down the hammer in my 10+ year old car .