Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:01 PM
SPR

thought about that before. but this was just as easy and gave me the same results really, i liek the way they look and i think it will be perfect.

When do you plan on having those chassis out, January? I want to have this car built and have practiced with it before i get your chassis, so i have a good comparisson. Then i think once your chassis gets installed this thing is just going to rock!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:02 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodzracer View Post
if you manage to get a car to do this and remain balance, i think that you will have recalibrated my thoughts on the ultimate xmod
posted at the same time! lol

i think this will be one badass xmod when its done. between drifters custom chassis, Highly tuned and perfected suspension and weight distribution. I think this thing will rock at a gymkhana course.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:07 PM
I got nothin...

Trader Rating: (0)

hopefully your next plan is to actually have a course. not some half way course in your kitchen or something lol

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 11-14-2008, 10:43 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodzracer View Post
hopefully your next plan is to actually have a course. not some half way course in your kitchen or something lol

i stated this in the first post too.

my mom owns a dance studio. So it has a big wide open dance floor. Im going to get a bunch of little cones and i can make my track down there sometimes. Should be quit fun and the perfect environment for it.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:07 AM
SPR

small update.

i finished the Spoiler and mounted it.

and i mounted the wheels on a display evo chassis to get some test fitting ideas. The back sits perfect. but the fronts will need a little work as they stick out to far. so a little shaving will be needed. But heres some pictures.

and yes i know i need to adjust my apature on my camera, these half blurry pictures are getting annoying.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:26 AM
Back from the bodyshop

Trader Rating: (1)

I hope by the needed shaving you mentioned will be the wheel width? Because that car looks far too perfect to mess with.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 11-15-2008, 12:28 AM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraboi97 View Post
I hope by the needed shaving you mentioned will be the wheel width? Because that car looks far too perfect to mess with.
yes i will be shaving the wheels and nuckes down. i will not mess up this beautiful body.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:52 AM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to torredo

wow! im impressed with this sucker.

AIM: SavageW26
Old 11-15-2008, 01:58 AM
...still here!

Trader Rating: (3)

Looks good bro! I'm really impressed with what you are doing o this one. My favorite Subie in your collection so far! You got about as many projects goin on as i do! LOL

Last edited by TactiKal; 11-15-2008 at 02:00 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 11-15-2008, 02:21 AM
SPR

Lol thanks for the compliments guys. I cant wait to see this thing tuned to its full potential. Im just not looking forward to the bill lmao! Besides getting the wheels sitting right and the chassis sitting perfect to my taste, i have one more exterior modification. But ill leave ya guessing for now, theres a few hints on this forum on a different thread

other wise just going to go for some sick power! I want this thing to be every 1/28th piece of 530 whp it can be!

and i wont stop till it handles like a dime. Probably means Mini Z electronics and lots of other go goodies. but it will get there someday. My chassis thats in design right now that i will be testing on this im told will be ready in about 2 months. So i plan to have this car up to par by then. it may not be 100% done how i want, but it will atleast be under lithium power with a custom motor and stacked fet's. But hopefully more than just that.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (6)

Since Ken Blck was drifting around every corner, wrap the tires in electricians tape so that it will drift-o. Haha fun project you got there.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:11 PM
washed-up, retired, cool.

Trader Rating: (1)

Looks good so far.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Xmod Expert

not to be rude....but why not just get a miniz w/ MRCG chassis, etc?

Old 11-15-2008, 03:36 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-z drift View Post
Since Ken Blck was drifting around every corner, wrap the tires in electricians tape so that it will drift-o. Haha fun project you got there.
with the power this car is going to make, and the surface its going to be riding on, i dont want electrical tape, it will have no traction. Tape is used for the weak RS motors that cant break the tires lose, im actually going to be making blistering power, i need the traction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torredo View Post
not to be rude....but why not just get a miniz w/ MRCG chassis, etc?
good questoin..... honestly i dont know. so im going to go with, because i want a evo chassis that will cream a mini z.

Last edited by SPR; 11-15-2008 at 06:55 PM..
Old 11-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

so cars that run on gymkhana tracks, there wheels are supposed to stick out far. cause i thought in the vid that they ahere just deep dish or something.

i love the look of the rims. why not turn them into deepdish ones. liek real ones where you cut the inner rim part out thrn glue it to the front. i think B1G made a tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 11-15-2008, 04:47 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

i posted that tut on page 1, except it was off of an OLD 1:10 rc tutorial thread from drcc.
imo i think it would work a lot better because you could find the exact width and depth that would suit the car.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Xmod Expert

you still need a miniz if you plan on a MRCG chassis....
but if you plan on keeping the EVO chassis and simply using the electrnics for it then cool i guess?

Old 11-15-2008, 07:01 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyxmoder View Post
so cars that run on gymkhana tracks, there wheels are supposed to stick out far. cause i thought in the vid that they ahere just deep dish or something.

i love the look of the rims. why not turn them into deepdish ones. liek real ones where you cut the inner rim part out thrn glue it to the front. i think B1G made a tut
tipically you have a wide wheel base, with a wide body kit. So your wheels dont stick out, and in the video of ken blocks car, he doesnt have a dished wheel at all, they are almost opposite. But tipically on a wide body car you see the deep dish wheels. I dont want to ruin this beautiful shell xmodification built, so i dont not want to build a wide body. but i want to give it somewhat the appearce of one. which is why im going to have the super deep dish wheels, and have them sticking out ever so slightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
i posted that tut on page 1, except it was off of an OLD 1:10 rc tutorial thread from drcc.
imo i think it would work a lot better because you could find the exact width and depth that would suit the car.
I dont want to do this for a couple reasons. One im to lazy. and its not as strong.
2. the width they are just turning them backwards is the exact width i want. I just need to shave them down like a small small fraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torredo View Post
you still need a miniz if you plan on a MRCG chassis....
but if you plan on keeping the EVO chassis and simply using the electrnics for it then cool i guess?

i dont plan on a MRCG chassis. Like i said, i will be using the prototype chasis XMDrift is building. After he produces the final products, i will be upgrading to that one. I think i have came to the conclusion after my last post im not going to run anything from mini z. i want a true Xmod that can whipe the tables clean on any mini z. So that means it cant have any mini z upgrades.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (6)

Now im anxious to see another track project from you.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:02 PM
SPR

i dunno what ill do next.

got my rally car
got a gymkhana car which can be served as a time attack track car
i dont like RC drifting, nor 1/28th scale crawling, So that eliminates those two.
So i dont think there is much else for me to build lol.
Closed Thread