Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingISdrifting View Post
Woah that is weird, (well for me at least) i can usually get 20min min out of normal AAAs and with 900mah rechargables i can get 45min+ driving with a heavy trigger finger. check for any binding that might be causing alot of friction or slowing your car down and putting a lot of strain on it, oh and get the energizer 900mah AAA rechargable batts, they are one of the best i have tested and they are not too expensive, they also offer a lot of extra "kick" compared to alkalines.
Not to sound rude or anything, that whole area highlighted kind of seems like you took it out of my post, and just re-worded it.

Quote:
If you do not clean your xmods driveline normally, then it will also act slow or sluggish if you may.
lol. I know it's easier to re-post what someone has said another thing that drew me to your post was, the factor of 45min+ on 900mah AAA's... How is that possible? Sure, maybe off the first charge, but even recharging batteries constantly you will notice that the battery itself starts to lose it's chemical balance and then bam. It's done. I have never seen any kind of battery that has the ability to be re-freshed, last that long. The majority of the time a battery that is used for items like an RC car tend to have a minor life time, longer than a normal throw out type, but none the less, the batteries will have a dying effect.

I will bring car batteries into this now. A vehicle's car battery is mainly used to help start the vehicle. After the vehicle is started, you can basically take the battery out, and place it in the back of your vehicle. Will the vehicle die? Nope. The alternator basically replaced the battery. Though I would keep the battery in the engine compartment connected.

Car Battery = An item that gets hardly used, but even at that, the same amount of load is put onto it.
RC Battery = An item that is greatly used, yet low load rate, but will not last as long as a car battery.

Blade.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:32 PM
TEAM DISPLACEMENT FOUNDER

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr.hotrod

every so often i zap the living p*$$ out of my RS rechargables with a modified horse fence charger. It is a tip i learned from an old man that used rechargables in his transmitter. just 1 second between the positive and negative and i am good to go. I do this every 50 charges or so BTW.
fast and the furious tokyo drift mustang 100%
rsx rally car 80%
nine in the quarter100%
HMU on live folks MrHotRod1971
Old 12-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

Theres a trick to zapping Ni-Cads with a welder. Google it up, its in a PDF format.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Not to sound rude or anything, that whole area highlighted kind of seems like you took it out of my post, and just re-worded it.

lol. I know it's easier to re-post what someone has said another thing that drew me to your post was, the factor of 45min+ on 900mah AAA's... How is that possible? Sure, maybe off the first charge, but even recharging batteries constantly you will notice that the battery itself starts to lose it's chemical balance and then bam. It's done. I have never seen any kind of battery that has the ability to be re-freshed, last that long. The majority of the time a battery that is used for items like an RC car tend to have a minor life time, longer than a normal throw out type, but none the less, the batteries will have a dying effect.

I will bring car batteries into this now. A vehicle's car battery is mainly used to help start the vehicle. After the vehicle is started, you can basically take the battery out, and place it in the back of your vehicle. Will the vehicle die? Nope. The alternator basically replaced the battery. Though I would keep the battery in the engine compartment connected.

Car Battery = An item that gets hardly used, but even at that, the same amount of load is put onto it.
RC Battery = An item that is greatly used, yet low load rate, but will not last as long as a car battery.

Blade.
In my girlfriends car, if you disconnect the battery the car turns off. I'm guessing the battery completes the circuit. In my car when the battery gave out, my car wouldn't hold an idle correctly. The alternator was fine. I replaced battery and went along my way.

A loose battery terminal can also cause stalling. I don't really know if this is vehicle dependent, just thought I'd throw it out there.