Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Electric
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to AeroSynch Send a message via MSN to AeroSynch Send a message via Yahoo to AeroSynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by f250 View Post
Might want to try softer springs or lay the shocks down more. You should be able to get more articulation from that setup. I am not much for the off the shelf kit rig either.
Lol, custom build FTW!!
I'll try a different spring angle.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:55 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Because these are oil filled shocks you have to pay attention to the oil thickness.

If your shocks are too stiff you filled too much or the oil is too thick. The oil in them is not meant to compress, hence the stiffness in a shock, and the spring is only used for rebounding the shock because the oil is thick. The more air that is inside the shock the easier and more it's going to compress because air will compress easier than the shock liquid/oil.

The thinner the liduid the easier the shock is to compress and the faster the rebound rate. The thicker the liduid the harder the shock is to compress and the slower the rebound rate.

Which shocks are they? I didn't find that in any of your posts, or I somehow missed it.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 03-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to AeroSynch Send a message via MSN to AeroSynch Send a message via Yahoo to AeroSynch

They are Traxxas Big Bores, part #2660. I got them barely used off of RC Crawler.com, so I don't know about the oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
Because these are oil filled shocks you have to pay attention to the oil thickness.

If your shocks are too stiff you filled too much or the oil is too thick. The oil in them is not meant to compress, hence the stiffness in a shock, and the spring is only used for rebounding the shock because the oil is thick. The more air that is inside the shock the easier and more it's going to compress because air will compress easier than the shock liquid/oil.

The thinner the liduid the easier the shock is to compress and the faster the rebound rate. The thicker the liduid the harder the shock is to compress and the slower the rebound rate.

Which shocks are they? I didn't find that in any of your posts, or I somehow missed it.