Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > New Members
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 10:38 PM

Trader Rating: (0)
Arrow Second introduction?

Hey, I've been a member on here for a while (made a few posts before i disappeared). I got caught up in life and took a break from xmods / this forum. Recently, at work I was talking to one of my friends and we got on the subject of xmods. We were both talking about our xmods and decided it was time to get them back out, dust them off, and bring them back to life. I recently was rooting around my house and found my stockpile. He was looking for his and remembered he gave his away to his (now) crazy ex-girlfriends' little sister (we all make unfortunate life decisions at one point, right?). Anyways since we discussed it I started looking around online to see what was still out there and ended up back here looking around. I decided I would give him on of my old gen 1s (yellow skyline), since i had enough laying around to keep me tided over. I've already ordered some parts online that are in transit, and i hope to order more parts friday when i get paid. I'm going to start out building one car (i'll post up a build thread when i get started), but i already have multiple builds planned in my head as i get the money. Unfortunately, being a broke college student with bills, the money isn't as abundant as one would hope. I have high hopes to build at least the first build pretty quick. The ones after that will probably be longer in the making.

Anyways, point being, I'm back and wanted to say 'hi' to some of the people that may remember me from the past and all the new people that have come on board since i left. I hope to have my first build thread on here soon enough. Sad to see xmods have died out a lot. Hopefully there are enough people still into it to make my stay here fun. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here again!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:54 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

hey man...welcome back...thats the great thing about hobbies...they are fun as hell to get back in to...well...when life doesnt get in the way

good luck with your build...tell your buddy he should join up too

Team X.I.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:36 PM

Exactly! I have tons of hobbies, so i have plenty of things to cycle through to keep me busy. I also have 2 1/10 scale cars i need to get up and running again too (one fried the motor, which is why i parked it. The other needs a suspension arm replaced, have it sitting in the garage, just need to put it on. Plus I'm sure all the batteries are dead by now.. need to get new ones). My 1/10th scales are what got me into the r/c car hobby (that and a general love for cars and a few 1/1 scale car projects). Naturally when I stumbled upon xmods while i was still in school, i liked the idea of being able to have r/c's i could run indoors as well (yes, me and my friend spent plenty of time driving our xmods inside the school). I should hopefully have plenty of time to start dusting off some old hobbies/projects again soon.

I'm really excited about my build. I bought a brand new rsx in the package before i drifted away from the hobby that I had set aside for a build. This is the one I am going to pick up with first, I'm FINALLY getting around to build it since i bought it specifically for this project. I may end up putting a different body on it, and saving the silver rsx for another build.

I'll definitely pass the word along to my friend. Not sure if he'll join or not though.. he never was big into online forums.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Welcome back to the site! Do you have any pictures of your current XMODS?
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 06-22-2012, 02:27 AM

Unfortunately I dont. When I first got into xmods I didnt have a camera. I really don't have much to show off. I have the yellow gen 1 skyline with a radioshack stage 2 motor and a mild bodykit. I have the silver rsx that's literally still in the package. Then I have a few stock, if not new in box, transformers barricade and bumblebee. Ill have plenty of pics coming up though!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:22 PM

Pay day. About to order phase two of parts for the build