Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Electric
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Deans b/c thats what I have on the big Slash, and the TRX connectors are so hard to pull apart/connect. Another battery would probably come when I get the adapter so its wont take 6 hours to charge each battery.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Light Modder

Trader Rating: (5)

oh my bad it was the 1/16th lol
Old 03-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

lol well for those of us that dont have the time to stare at batteries.....
Old 03-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Lol you don't need to sit there and stare at the battery, just make yourself busy wrenching on one of your RC's in the same room as the battery and have a fire extinguisher around incase something happens. I've got a huge extinguisher that sits around, just incase.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:05 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Lol you don't need to sit there and stare at the battery, just make yourself busy wrenching on one of your RC's in the same room as the battery and have a fire extinguisher around incase something happens. I've got a huge extinguisher that sits around, just incase.
fire extinguisher? i dont think we have one in the house.. another member(on another forum) said that he'd rather risk his hands than have his parent's house burn down(he is around the age of 15) he had a hardcase lipo he was opening cause one of the wires broke off.. he accidentally slipped his hand and it punctured the lipo, cause it to explode in his face, nothing happen to his face besides some black smoke covering it.. he held it.. rand down 2 stories.. opened the front door(it was locked according to him) and chucked it outside and called his parents to turn on the sprinklers in the front yard.. he said he had 3rd degree and 2nd degree burns on his hands O.o and that his room spelled like burnt plastic for weeks.

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 03-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Any household should have a fire extinguisher, only makes sense. And, that kid is nuts.. but he did a good thing.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:44 PM
retired xmodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Any household should have a fire extinguisher, only makes sense. And, that kid is nuts.. but he did a good thing.
i found one in my garage by the canada stuff(snow stuff, we have cousins in canada so we call it canada stuff)

he's nuts but saved his house and possibly his life, i think getting 2nd degree burns is a lot better than death.. specially at this age

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 03-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Bored...

Well yesterday I went to the hobby store, and emptied my bank account, for a TRX-Tamiya plug (so I can charge it), a parallel connector, a series connector, and another battery. I took mini Slash out on almost empty batteries and the series connector, and it was FAST! My crazy friend was over, and he was chasing it, but he was having a tough time keeping up with it, and when I made a quick turn, he slipped in the road, and went down. It was funny. But on the mini-Slash topic, with the two batteries, it had much more torque! The thing was super fast, on the brushed motor! I cant imagine what it'll act like when the VXL is installed. I have yet to try the parallel connector, but I know it'll come in the most handy when the VXL is installed, and already is fast. It is a bit lower though. Trying to decide whether or not thats good (lower COG) or bad (bottoming out).
Old 03-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
i found one in my garage by the canada stuff(snow stuff, we have cousins in canada so we call it canada stuff)

he's nuts but saved his house and possibly his life, i think getting 2nd degree burns is a lot better than death.. specially at this age
I agree, I have never seen lipo explode I am gonna look up a video.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:51 PM
retired xmodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
It is a bit lower though. Trying to decide whether or not thats good (lower COG) or bad (bottoming out).
depends how low you wanna go, and what ur driving on.. if ur driving on the road, always keep this in mind, the lower you go, the either
a) use harder springs or
b) use heavier WT oil in the shocks(i use this cause.. well.. im used to it)

but some people like driving knowing they can bottom out.. bottoming out sometimes helps if you need to slow down, but it doesnt help when u lose traction and you do a 180 and start going the other way.. lol

i say, experiment, see what you like, and just drive it that way..... for my rustler, i liked to when it bottoms out, cause then i can limit myself on what height jumps and what i can and cant do.. if i wasnt careful, my punishment would be bottoming out

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 03-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
depends how low you wanna go, and what ur driving on.. if ur driving on the road, always keep this in mind, the lower you go, the either
a) use harder springs or
b) use heavier WT oil in the shocks(i use this cause.. well.. im used to it)

but some people like driving knowing they can bottom out.. bottoming out sometimes helps if you need to slow down, but it doesnt help when u lose traction and you do a 180 and start going the other way.. lol

i say, experiment, see what you like, and just drive it that way..... for my rustler, i liked to when it bottoms out, cause then i can limit myself on what height jumps and what i can and cant do.. if i wasnt careful, my punishment would be bottoming out
It only bottoms out when I jump it (off the curb) so its not too much of an issue. But what is an issue, is what happened yesterday. The motor might as well be French because I fried it. I was out for two minutes on two dully charged batteries, and it was doing great! Then it slowed, so I stopped to check it out, and when it did stop, smoke started pouring out of it. I got the body off, and turned it off, and unplugged the batteries. It appeared to be coming out of the motor, but I got the batteries out anyways. The batteries are fine, the receiver and steering servo are fine, and as far as I know the ESC is ok. The motor though, is dead. It smalls horrid! I emailed Traxxas about it and am expecting a response sometime soon. It doesnt bother me too too much though, because I was just going brushless soon anyways.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:18 AM
retired xmodder

yea, ive heard the titan life length is broad.. it can be anywhere from 1 run to 1000 runs

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Bored...

Just got the new motor in the mail today, and instead of starting a new thread, I think I should just ask them in here. Why break-in the motor? Would it make that much of a difference if all I'm doing is bashing? What is the best way to break-in the motor? If this needs the be broken in, why dont Xmod motors need to be broken in?

Thanks to anyone who answers these questions!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:46 PM
retired xmodder

is it the brushless motor? or just another brushed motor

not sure how to break it in.. i really dont care once i get a new motor.. lmao

but we are supposed to break in all brushed motors, no matter what.. breaking it in, gives it longer life, and better performance

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Bored...

Traxxas sent me a brushed motor replacement for free, which I am very happy about. What things do you put the non-broken-in motors in mycrors4? You bash or race?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:08 PM
retired xmodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
Traxxas sent me a brushed motor replacement for free, which I am very happy about. What things do you put the non-broken-in motors in mycrors4? You bash or race?
only time ive raced was in the junior league like 4 years ago.. and i dont recall breaking in the motor on the rusty
now i mostly bash.. once in a while ill go down to the track..

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶