Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Quote:
Originally Posted by okoye View Post
Seems to me like you're worse than the "ricers" by taking your mufflers off to show off sound lol your funny dude. sound dont mean a thing. You could have the loudest engine and it still doesnt make you any faster. so...yea doesnt make you cooler
and why does this matter to you? whether he has a motor scooter or a mclaren, if he feels like putting pipes on it, more power to him and it's none of your business. it may be in your best interest to ask your mommy for some more attention...you're a belligerent little bastard.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Seems to me like you're worse than the "ricers" by taking your mufflers off to show off sound lol your funny dude. sound dont mean a thing. You could have the loudest engine and it still doesnt make you any faster. so...yea doesnt make you cooler
Actually, if you read the entire thing, I was installing glasspacks, but didn't have time to finish it, so I drove without mufflers for TWO DAYS. I didn't take my mufflers off so you could hear my car half a mile away, I took them off because I was putting on a set of less restrictive mufflers, which does improve engine performance by the way. In fact, I tried my best not to rev it up too high while I had the mufflers off. I wasn't trying to be loud.

Next time read the entire post before you start saying crap like this, all it does is annoy me and make you look stupid.

Edit:

Forgot to mention the new stuff.

-Glasspacks are installed, as I just pointed out.
-New speakers all the way around. Lightning Audio 6x9" in the rear and VR3 6 1/2" up front. Also, a 960 watt amp for the speakers. Still looking around for a good subwoofer.
-Getting ready to redo the interior, I just need the time, I've got all the stuff...
-Also once I get the time (**** college... lol) I'm going to start prepping for paint.

Last edited by AJB32690; 02-03-2009 at 01:21 AM..
Old 02-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB32690 View Post
-Mufflers removed. (I've got the glasspacks, just haven't had the time to put them in. It's loud as s*** without the mufflers or tailpipes in!)

Random funny story:

I was just outside finishing up the CAI, so I'm under the hood of my car, right? My neighbor and all his friends are ricers. He drives a Nissan 240 Coupe, and the friends that were there at the time drove another 240 coupe, 240 hatch, and a Chevy Cavi (That was riced out...) They were all outside taking pictures of their cars, so I decided to mess with them, show which side of the domestic/import fence I sit on. I start up the engine, go back under the hood, and start revving it manually. (Remember, no mufflers.) This really gets their attention, they all just stop what they are doing and stare at me. Guess they forgot what a real car sounds like, they've been listening to their weed wackers for too long.

just quoting you, you might wanna re-read that
Old 02-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
and why does this matter to you? whether he has a motor scooter or a mclaren, if he feels like putting pipes on it, more power to him and it's none of your business. it may be in your best interest to ask your mommy for some more attention...you're a belligerent little bastard.
um how about you get your head outta your cheeks. belligerent bastard haha do you even know me to start talking smack? and how about you read before you post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Quote:
um how about you get your head outta your cheeks. belligerent bastard haha do you even know me to start talking smack? and how about you read before you post
that makes no sense...what do you want me to read??? i read the entire thread, that's how i came up with the conclusion that you're a belligerent little bastard. where's your 1:1 car at? if you have some personal vendetta against loud mufflers, why rant about it in somebody's build thread? oh, i know...because you're a belligerent little bastard.

what kind of woofer are you looking for AJB? i have a phoenix gold octane R 15" in a sealed box that i'd sell. the lightning audio isn't bad, but most of the VR3 stuff doesn't hold up long. lightning audio is actually a sister company of rockford fosgate
Old 02-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Elite member

ok first of all you definetly are getting what i said mixed up i dont have a problem with loud mufflers. i personally like straight pipe better throaty sound what im saying is that showing off with no pipes thinking that its any better than a ricer really isnt all that. now if i had said us cars are the biggest waste of space then you could be like blah blah blah. no i simply made a statement saying that running no mufflers and being loud isnt the same as having mufflers and being loud and having the power to back it up.

whats noise with no power?

i dont have a problem with american or japanese spec i have no prejudice when it comes to cars as i love them all..btw for your info i do have a car its an 86 cressida maroon with sunroof auto :/ so dude dont get all ****y im just sharing an opinion so chill its all love on the forums

P.S. there was nothing for ss to read and dude the fact your getting upset is kinda whack but then again int3rn3tz i2 s3ri0us business

Last edited by okoye; 02-03-2009 at 08:12 PM..
Old 02-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Elite member

Wow dude. Im not even going to respond to you, just stop spamming my build thread. When your little Toyota beats my car on the strip, then you can talk all you want, but I seriously doubt that "car" can even make it to the end of the strip without exploding.

Anyway, I picked up some subs from a pawn shop today. I got a pair of 12" Sony Xplods for $50. Not the best, but they work for now. Everything is hooked up and works, its just a mess.

Not really anymore updates besides that...
Old 02-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Volvo Enthusiast

Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via Yahoo to greekone

Are saying that Toyota is crap?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Elite member

I didn't say all Toyotas are crap. I was referring specifically to his '86 Cressida.