Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 05-13-2008, 07:14 PM
late model, xmods, microt

Trader Rating: (5)
Default armatures: where to buy

I have gotten in to motor winding. I have gotten alot better and i can sort of pattern wind. I can get the first couple of layers. I am out of stock xmod motors and i want to get some better armatures. I looked at donzii's motor thing and found one but it is out of stock and performance xmods is gone. Xi is supposed to get some armatures too. I keep holding off my order to see if they will get them soon. I just know when i order my stuff the next day they will get it in stock.

Any good place to buy some armatures? armatures that arn't wound already nice and clean.
H-Crawler
Old 05-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Rethink It All

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to RedSXmodder Send a message via MSN to RedSXmodder

Xmodded.

I have no idea where to buy them bulk, however. I'm extremely interested in finding a bulk supplier...

Later,
RedSXmodder

Team Redmade Motors- Building Motors that rise above the rest!

Rethink It All
Old 05-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

I bought them at my LHS...

I started off rewindind the stock ones, but once you switcvh to a realy armature OHH boy thats when you knwo you hit the jackpot. Some of them even crapily wound make your xmods 10X faster...
Old 05-13-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSXmodder View Post
Xmodded.

I have no idea where to buy them bulk, however. I'm extremely interested in finding a bulk supplier...

Later,
RedSXmodder
xmodded is in the uk. I don't have british pounds. I want to find a bulk suplier too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I bought them at my LHS...

I started off rewindind the stock ones, but once you switcvh to a realy armature OHH boy thats when you knwo you hit the jackpot. Some of them even crapily wound make your xmods 10X faster...
I am going to look at my local hobby store when i need paint soon.
H-Crawler
Old 05-13-2008, 09:03 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Check your local radio shack. They sell some pretty crappy 130sized motors in the electronics section. You could always unwind those and scrap the crappy comm. and add your own better one and some nice pattern winds.

These are just standard armatures, however. I don't believe they sell anything other than standard (spiral, slotted, etc).

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 05-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

I have a tonne of Stage 1/2 motors, cans, and magnet if you want them. I have like maybe 15 or so. Lemme know if you want them and we can work something out.

If you can get in contact with Mike at PX/UX (Miracle of God..) ask him. He should be able to point you in the right direction.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 05-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Rethink It All

You can buy from the uk. It just gets transferred, or something like that...

AM sells stg1's for like $0.99 a motor. I usually just buy 5-10 of them every time I order.

Later,
RedSXmodder

EDIT: XI must've been stocking some, looky here, a shop clean sale on his stock of em. Found it too late for the most part. However, kinda shows whats out there...

http://www.xmodsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4651

Rethink It All

Last edited by RedSXmodder; 05-13-2008 at 10:24 PM..
Old 05-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
You can buy from the uk. It just gets transferred, or something like that...

AM sells stg1's for like $0.99 a motor. I usually just buy 5-10 of them every time I order.

Later,
RedSXmodder

EDIT: XI must've been stocking some, looky here, a shop clean sale on his stock of em. Found it too late for the most part. However, kinda shows whats out there...

http://www.xmodsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4651
Heh, two minds think alike RED, I alsp just order a crapload of S1's.
And yeah Chris is having a nice sale, I bought the nice spiral arms aleady, muahahah
Old 05-14-2008, 04:27 PM

Well i am not a member of xmf. If i joined now don't i need a good number of posts. I can't buy off the forums. Don't have own paypal account and my parents. I have money, so my parents could order an i give them the money.

redsxmodder: i see you want to know where chris got the armatures.

I might go to my lhs soon. I have 2 hobbytown usa's (15-20 and 25-40mins away)that are close and a venture hobbies(35-50mins away)

hobbytown has nothing. Going to try Venture soon.Their website says koyosha so maybe some miniz products.
H-Crawler

Last edited by fieldfairy2; 05-15-2008 at 08:56 PM..
Old 05-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Rethink It All

I've pretty much done everything on stock RS arms, and they've worked fine for me thus far. Only problem is I can't get FAT comms...

These are both on RS arms:

Later,
RedSXmodder

Rethink It All
Old 05-15-2008, 11:16 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

I've got a major electronics store nearby (I mean major, name it everyday electric items you want to replace, they have it), I'll try to hitup the place over the weekend. My Dad has bought DC motors from them before, so maybe his guy'll stock some minature DC motors...? I'm crossing my fingers but don't expect much.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 05-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Who provided all the arms for CreativeSN/Freestylexmods? The spiral arms rock in my 47T motor.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 05-15-2008, 11:31 PM
Rethink It All

I'm wondering if there's a company that makes those upgrade arms, of if its just some one-off sort of thing...

Rethink It All
Old 05-17-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I've pretty much done everything on stock RS arms, and they've worked fine for me thus far. Only problem is I can't get FAT comms...

These are both on RS arms:

Later,
RedSXmodder
very nice. I tried a s2 arm last night. Didn't work.. good practice tho

Quote:
I'm wondering if there's a company that makes those upgrade arms, of if its just some one-off sort of thing...
i wonder too. If they are having a sale we should buy them out I can work with the s1 i just need a better comm

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Who provided all the arms for CreativeSN/Freestylexmods? The spiral arms rock in my 47T motor.
I really have no idea but i am sure the spiral arm would rock..

idk if i said this already but, i went to hobbytown usa.. had nothing. Still have to check ventures(3x the size of hobbytown, and website says koyosha<--good sign?)
H-Crawler
Old 05-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
Check your local radio shack. They sell some pretty crappy 130sized motors in the electronics section. You could always unwind those and scrap the crappy comm. and add your own better one and some nice pattern winds.

These are just standard armatures, however. I don't believe they sell anything other than standard (spiral, slotted, etc).
yea those are extremly cheap motors, I rewound one to 21 turn and it didn't even have enough strength to make a revolution. But the armature has to use the endbell from the motor, because its longer of something. Also they arent claps for the motor wire (thank god!) you solder, so its easier. They are good to practice on.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:37 PM

Mods: i know i am bringing up a week or 2 old thread but i think i have a good reason..

I haven't checked my other hobby store. too busy. but i looked at my stock radline armature and my s2 armature. so i took the stock windings off. the radline had an almost brand new armature. I took the comm off the s2 and took off the radlines comm. i put the s2's comm onto the radlines. so i had almost a brand new armature. SO i took out the winding wire and tried pattern winding(not so well, but it was really neat, and tight windings) and made a 42t. I broke it in for about 8mins on a AA. I put in my car and tested it. I was dissapointed. but than i figured out the gears were binding. I was having trouble getting it too run for a period at a time. Finally after breaking it in again. I got it too work. So i am happy to say it works very well!! very good torque and a good top speed.( can't test the top because of the area i run it in, but if i held it in my hand and let it go i really feel it has a good top speed)

SO go to target get the radline 3 motor racing pack and hopefully you have some s1's or s2's and switch the comms. It is a good setup. I feel it is better than a plain s1 or s2 rewound. You should have the radline armature with a s1/s2 or whatever comm(if you have some fat comms) and wind it. and the radline armatures are really look good. brand new i think.
H-Crawler
Old 05-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Rethink It All

Trust me, the RS stg1 and 2 arms aren't a whole lot different than the Radline motors. Maybe the comm is a little different, but even in RS's motors, there are different styel comms.

Whatevers more convienient. I order from AM often, so I usually pick up a couple stg 1 motors ($0.99!). Its what I do, and they work great. Hell, if you want a spiral arm, break out your protractor, and strip the arm down just to the shaft and the poles, get a pliers, and twist the stack of plates (the poles) until you've got yourself a spiral arm:

Later,
RedSXmodder
Old 05-26-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Trust me, the RS stg1 and 2 arms aren't a whole lot different than the Radline motors. Maybe the comm is a little different, but even in RS's motors, there are different styel comms.

Whatevers more convienient. I order from AM often, so I usually pick up a couple stg 1 motors ($0.99!). Its what I do, and they work great. Hell, if you want a spiral arm, break out your protractor, and strip the arm down just to the shaft and the poles, get a pliers, and twist the stack of plates (the poles) until you've got yourself a spiral arm:

Later,
RedSXmodder
well. I was just experimenting and it worked pretty well. I don't buy stuff online that much. that is why i used the radline motors. I had and still have a gift card from target to get the motors. SO 6 motors to wind for free is good to me. I will be ordering from am soon. I will pick up some s1's too.

just thought to let you guys know. that's all.
H-Crawler
Old 05-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Rethink It All

Like I said, whatever is more convenient!
Old 05-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

I've found 47T, spiral arm, fat comm and isoferrite mags (spin brush magnets) to be just about the best combo on stock FETs for all around goodness. I still run my year old motor from Freestylexmods with this setup. Ran close to 25-30 mph on my lith'd gen1 with the right gearing.. But it was slow to get to that speed, or hit the smallest pebble and flipped out..

Currently I play with it in my F-Bomb Camaro.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere