Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > The XMS Repair and Modification Manual > XMOD Body Tutorials > XMOD Paint Tutorials
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

I got an update as the truck has dried and i added a third color which is black. The car has 3 colors desert tan, brown, and black. Look how it came out with out sanding the body, front bumper, and side skirts. (Krylon does not need sanding the surface has to be nice and smooth for a good paintjob when using krylon.)

Like i said before i was painting in under 30 degrees weather and yes it does affect your painting results i have to wait for warmer weather to redo my hood and rear bumper.

Quote:
Not only that (and im NOT an expert painter) but your camo looks sloppy. Take a look at military aircraft and military clothing...now one could argue there's no set color pattern for camo and that's fine, however; there's no overspray from one color to another...there's no fading...the boundaries between the colored shapes are clean and neat, they don't fade into one another if you will.
Camo is supose to be sloppy not a pretty thing it is supose to distract the human eye so that they object is not detected. Do you know why fabric does not have any color fading? Ill answer the question for you it is because the fabric is made on a computer and they it is sent to a factory which prints the design on the fabric. Each uniform is NEVER painted it is designed by a computer then it is printed.

Jon

signature wont let me list all of my cars!!!!!!! not fair moderator needed plz help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover View Post
lol crawling with 1 wheel drive that would be funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Its not realistic that these go about 280mph at scale speed either.
Custom Corvette Club: 1/3 Founder
Team ACCENTS Member
Proud member of Crawling Truck Club(CTC) The fist and only!