Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 06-21-2009, 05:53 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid
Default My Mini Revo

*Not from BYT* Yup guys I'm back but first here's my new little guy
*Copied directly from my thread on BYT*
Got it today though my LHS charged $300 I brought in Stormerhobbies' price and got it for $275 from my LHS. They must like me :P. But anyway also walked out with a Tenergy battery combo pack but I didn't walk out with a series connector, they didn't have any. So they are gonna make their own and give um away or charge a dollar or two. But first impressions, this thing is fast. Tried it out front of my Poppi's house(grandpa) and its sure fun. Ran 3 packs like that. Wheelies on command, got some dirt in the front bumper so ran through a puddle a few times to wash it off. Man is this fun, did some stoppies, tons of wheelies, and ended up on its lid multiple times. Video should be up in a few hours though I didn't have a camera person and it almost got ran over by my friend's mom haha so the camera got put in the grass! But anyway a size comparison to my MLST2 if anyone wants to see more size comparisons like to my Slash, Nitro Pede, anything.. Feel free to ask. All the pictures were taken right before the 4th and 5th runs in front of my house or in my room. The indoor pictures may be bad or shaky because of bad lighting and i forgot to put on dual image stabilization.

Enjoy!

Update June 22 2009, video is here, check it out and watch in HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKM1R0jpfvg

Last edited by Stampedekid; 06-22-2009 at 12:06 PM..
Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Awesome! I've been eying one of these myself, just don't have the funds. Lol.

Is that a SubC or 2/3A NiMH pack?

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 06-21-2009, 06:57 PM
SPR

whoa! never even heard of hte mini revo yet lol. what scale is it?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:59 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
Traxxas' claims it is a 1/16th.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 06-21-2009, 09:09 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
Awesome! I've been eying one of these myself, just don't have the funds. Lol.

Is that a SubC or 2/3A NiMH pack?
Yup a 2/3A NiMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
1/16 as Donzii said. Yeah its only been released to the public, well shipping for a week or 2. I bought the first Mini Revo at my LHS. They didn't have enough to open them up but they had opened up a Slash and thats how I knew I had to have it. Video is uploading soo should be up soon. I did a lot trying to get it to grip but after the tranny broke in, now i cannot keep the front end down. I cannot even imagine when my series connector comes

Quote:
Traxxas' claims it is a 1/16th.
Yup. And as you see in my not so nice indoor shots it next to my 1/18 MLST2 and MLST2 is pretty big for 1/18 its bigger. I had to adjust the shocks a little so the preload spacers would make the ride a little more stiff. Only adjusted the front so far, back seems ok. I need some thicker shock oil no doubt about it though.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:20 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

That rig is awesome. I have been keeping an eye on this product for a while. It is on the top of my list of r/c's to get. I have lots of fun with my xmods but this truck is just awesome. Brushless, fully waterproof and upgradeable to lithium power - how can it get better? I look forward to videos and your opinion on this rig, especially the waterproof-ness.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:12 AM
late model, xmods, microt

Very nice man. I want one my self just some problems with the late model came first. Clear outdoor pictures. I wish i could do that, lol. The Losi mini Late model(1/18th) is bigger than the revo. The wheels base it .1 inches bigger and something longer. That says how big the late model is.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:55 AM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodcanuck View Post
That rig is awesome. I have been keeping an eye on this product for a while. It is on the top of my list of r/c's to get. I have lots of fun with my xmods but this truck is just awesome. Brushless, fully waterproof and upgradeable to lithium power - how can it get better? I look forward to videos and your opinion on this rig, especially the waterproof-ness.
Well actually LiPo not necessarily Lithium but its Lithium Polymer not Li-Ion(Lithium Ion) The thing is compared to an XMOD these are harder to control, take it from me the kid with many hobby quality RC's. But is it fun yes. Sorry the rain is finally going away so no water bashing. Did some puddle bashing yesterday, its as waterproof as my stock slash was. Now the Slash is brushless too but whatever.(and not waterproof anymore, Sidewinder 5700)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldfairy2 View Post
Very nice man. I want one my self just some problems with the late model came first. Clear outdoor pictures. I wish i could do that, lol. The Losi mini Late model(1/18th) is bigger than the revo. The wheels base it .1 inches bigger and something longer. That says how big the late model is.
Yup the lhs had a late model next to the Slash VXL Mini and the Late model is pretty big for 1/18 but this will easily out-perform a stock late model any day of the week. Late model is fun but this is more . Time for an update, video is up and please view it in HD. Should have a better one being shot soon. Starting to get sunny so yes! Roads will be nice and grippy. Getting my series connector hopefully soon and some thicker shock oil too
Old 06-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Elite member

Nice, wish i had one, but i cant afford one. Also it looks like alot of fun, to do some racing with.

TEAM XI
Old 06-22-2009, 12:04 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananabrain View Post
Nice, wish i had one, but i cant afford one. Also it looks like alot of fun, to do some racing with.
Yup they are. Hopefully LIR will start a Mini Revo Class so I can race this bad boy. Status report from the 45 minute bash(3 batteries), this thing has too much power on just 1 six cell pack. Flipped onto its lid numerous times from wheelies past the wing and in the end lost 2 body clips, the front ones(go figure) lucky me I have extras..I think..yeah I do. Also I thought of you guys, got some more video, more wheelies and some puddle bashing but i did end up soaking the camera so part of the video(about a minute) is me drying off the camera

Last edited by Stampedekid; 06-22-2009 at 12:07 PM..
Old 06-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Stage 1 member

Send a message via AIM to supraracer

That thing looks sick im deff. gonna have to look into getting one of those. that thing could dominate at the local 1/18th scale dirt track.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:38 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraracer View Post
That thing looks sick im deff. gonna have to look into getting one of those. that thing could dominate at the local 1/18th scale dirt track.
Only thing is its not classified as 1/18 but 1/16 Bigger as you can see compared to a large 1/18 truck.(MLST2 is bigger than RC18 series vehicles/knockoffs such as pro pulse, Mini E-Revo VXL towers over both.) But yeah it definitely rips. I might need to get the Center Differential to help keep that front end planted especially after I get the series connector or a 3S.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to 05'GTSTANG

Is that a GNX i see in your driveway?!
Mustang SVT Cobra- No Chassis
Nissan Titan- Red
Project: Slightly Wicked

Im sotally Tober.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:43 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05'GTSTANG View Post
Is that a GNX i see in your driveway?!
Grand National actually. New video up. Dontspamme its the one I was telling you about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCUQU2umSms
Old 06-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Stage 1 member

Send a message via AIM to supraracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodracer1 View Post
Only thing is its not classified as 1/18 but 1/16 Bigger as you can see compared to a large 1/18 truck.(MLST2 is bigger than RC18 series vehicles/knockoffs such as pro pulse, Mini E-Revo VXL towers over both.) But yeah it definitely rips. I might need to get the Center Differential to help keep that front end planted especially after I get the series connector or a 3S.
its nothing big or very strick just a track in a guys backyard other people have 1/16th too so wont be a problem
Old 06-22-2009, 07:06 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraracer View Post
its nothing big or very strick just a track in a guys backyard other people have 1/16th too so wont be a problem
Oh ok. Well tomorrow says death to my non-working pro pulse. Mini Revo with string tied to the wing then to the front bumper of POS non-working 1st gen Pro Pulse t100 and possibly some Nitro Stampede's(mine and my friend's), My BL Slash, and I think that's all thats running.. I'll be sure to get some video. It rained before and the street is soaked but I'm not sure I don't want to drive it in rain...yet..
Old 06-23-2009, 05:06 PM
is here

Well here is the result of 12 cells(2 6 cells in series), happened once earlier but I fixed it, this time its mulched. Time for a trip to the hobby shop. The reason the u-joint is glued is to prevent the ball joint from popping out, used CA glue.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:16 PM
XMS Administrator

Time for some much needed alloy drive-line components.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 06-23-2009, 09:16 PM
is here

Quote:
Time for some much needed alloy drive-line components.
Donzii I don't even think they make them. My lhs is having a hard time getting in the stockers, all on backorder so I guess I won't be running this for a while..unless I run RWD but I'm not sure LOL. I'm sure they have an extra somewhere. Got part of the driveline, the part from the tranny but the part going from the front diff they didn't have.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:34 PM
XMS Administrator

Is the item(s) pictured the only thing that's broken? If so, that's just a common universal joint. I'm fairly certain with enough ingenuity you could use one from the common Vendetta, RC18 or other close scale RC. However, I'm sure it won't be long before MIP, GPM or Atomic have an upgradeable aluminum u-joint. Never the less, it always sucks to have someting break...

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection: